• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

The folder we are referring to is the one located here:

Code:
This PC\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame

1. You should try to delete all IOM files, including the SoundMutator.u and anything else.
  2. Launch the game, ensure that IOM is not available in SWS tab under the mutators.
  3. Exit the game and install 1.15 Alpha4
  4. Re launch game and see if IOM mod not appears in SWS tab, mutators
  5. Attempt to join French Server.

Alternatively, If you delete the ROGame folder, when you re-launch the game it will be re created with all default files. At this point you would then install the 1.15 IOM and contine. It would be impossible for you to be running 1.14 after deleting the ROGame folder I referenced above unless you are re-installing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I have done everything it seems but the mod keeps appearing in SWS.:(

I have deleted Rogame folder, deleted ro2, deleted steam and yep no luck.

but what if I changed the following line and save?

[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
+EditPackages=OnlineSubsystemSteamWorks

would I write false

you deleted steam and the old mod still shows?? This is beyond odd

Upvote 0
yep i don't know what to do now for some reason its still in sws. i thought that after deleting steam all would revert back to normal.
Thanks for the support and advice. Keep up the great work. Your guys development of this mod takes the game to a whole new level.
I will try to figure something out to fix this issue. I am thinking about installing the game via disk instead of using steam online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love the mod and wish more people would keep playing. I should be there this today (if a little late).

But I agree that the blur has got to go. It's not implemented properly (blur for an explosion half a mile away) and takes away from the fun of the game too much.

I know Tremozl likes it but maybe have him make a mutator so we can turn it off. I can imagine it being fun but only when it is properly imitated.

Also - I don't care about vehicles. Get rid of them if they're giving you trouble. I think the best thing to do now is have a stable release. That means, make sure both Steam and MODDB are up to date. Make an installer that does all the work for people. Those are boring things but if no one is even bothered to go through the motions to install the mod, they'll never even get to see how awesome it is when they play it.

Wald

Edit: Sigh - make that an hour late. My work has decided to waste my time for one hour.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Overdoing it eventually burns people out, plus pretty much every educational establishment is now back in full swing. I'm somewhat glad I did not log on tonight as I felt like punching every 18 year old I met in the face with half their bull**** of the past few days.
At this point one game every couple of weeks is kinda cool IMO for IOM.

Upvote 0
At times, even vanilla RO2/RS servers struggle with being populated and this was something that should've been taken into consideration when the development of IOM just started. This player-base is too small for dedicated modifications. Heck, that's probably one of the reasons why Rising Storm went retail.

Let's face it: Servers aren't running IOM and potential players can't like it if they can't try it out. Forget about events and steam groups as a way of keeping IOM alive. You need the random player, and if you want them to try it, you'll have to start small.

A good start would be a stripped-down ("IOM Light") version containing core features while not going going over in size 1 MB or so. People wouldn't even notice they had it applied almost instantly when they were joining the server, as opposed to having to download 100+ MB archive, extract it to a specific folder and fiddle with .ini files as they have to do right now.

What I am saying is... shovels are cool but I'd rather play in a full server.

The player-base is what makes a multiplayer game. And what your average player wants is a Ranked Realism Territory server. I like Classic mode as much as the next enthusiast, but a handful of us don't make up for a healthy game session most of the time. I'd beg to differ but server browser speaks the truth all the time.

Upvote 0
Whole your post doesnt make any sense for one simple reason.
We are now having alpha test of 1,15 which is very buggy and hard to install and missing some of the core feautures, NOT full released version. I will repeat - ALPHA TESTING. Alpha testing is supposed to be for TESTING, for finding out the bugs and fixing them, and its greatly doing its job.
Just a little remind - when 1,14 was released we had full IOM server. I repeat - FULL server.
When 1,15 will be released it will have more changes from 1,14 than 1,14 from vanila.

Last edited:
Upvote 0