• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

im hitting the bandwagon ideas for kf1/kf2

Blockbot

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2011
some ideas for kf.

beeing able to make several accounts. you should be able to change ur accounts. so you can reset perks or do level up menagements.

the goal for this is so you can play level 0 to challange yourself more. or if a friend of yours try the game and you dont want him to level up your character. or if you plain out just wanna start a new account.

give us stats. beeing able to see how many times you reloaded the hunting shotgun. how many gorefast you killed. what class you played the most. and how many neardeath situations -15hp you had and survived. is a absolute must. how many maps you won on hard. and how what maps you played. killing floor is a really fun grinding game where you grind the **** out of everything to get level 6. seeing stats would just make it even more absurd.

after playing hours on hours of a game its just plain out intresting and funny to watch how much you done in the game.

share stats. sharing stats over facebook, twitter or make a official stats window you can copypaste as a signiture in forums would be awzm.

this is suppose to be a optinal option, would be great if you are a streamer, youtuber, clan leader, or just wanna share some fun moments or stats with ur friends

hardcore, casual and noobie mode. I think killing floor should have more alternatives for difficulty. instead of just increasing the number of health and resistance and speed a specimen has.
Noobie: gives crosshairs, radar, instant teleportation to trader, ammo is free and it will automatically fill all ur weapons during trader time, double jump, and annoying interface telling you what to do. etc.
casual. as it is today.
Hardcore. removes HUD all together. add more visual effects when health drops(which also makes it harder to see) disable looking down sight. and when you die you are dead.

I played alot of kf over the years. and my girlfriend along with others I know is really bad at shooters, but they think killing floor is a very intresting game. but most of them don't play kf because they don't understand the shop system, and it ends up beeing too hardcore for them, hardcore mode is just a way to prove yourself and make the best players something to do even after they beaten the game on casual mode, and is ment for hardcore gamers.

end of the day this is just optinal if you dont like it jsut play on casual mode.
testing grounds. beeing able to look at all the guns the weapon menu and try the guns out. I know there is a mod made map. but the real thing with a propper shooting range would be awzm. could also work as a tutorial area. new players joining difficulties they should not be in is still a problem.

I know there allready a modded map for this. but if TWI was going to make a official map with alot of awzm features, with like hitbox markers, and no bugs during events, and so on

auto join. beeing able to have propper good server filters. like join server with 4 to 5 players, normal difficulty, no password, 10-100ping, perks enabled etc etc. then you dont need to search through all the servers manually and you dont need to be kicked out of the server because its full 2-6 times in a row

the thought process here is that its easier and quicker to find matches, and you get some actual gameplay for those who might only have 15minutes to play here and there. will make it alot faster to jump in a game then out again. again its completly optinal to use
better server browsing. beeing able to put notes and blacklist servers would be awzm. many people have talked about lenny? beeing able to blacklist all his servers then write afterwards in a note that its lenny's servers and that is the reason you blacklisted that server would be awzm. so is with favouriting servers should be saved on steam servers. or to your account. its so annoying if you reinstall your game and you lose all ur favourite servers.

this will just make it easier to favourite and find servers you like. notes are for why you favourited servers or why you black listed them, just a better tool to manage your server list. still completly optinal

I have a friend that gets dizzy by playing this game nice with FOV slider.
basic mutators. basic mutators that tripwire themself support and fix would be awzm. what I mean is like. Low gravity, infinite ammo, clots are fleshpounds(skinswap), alternative voices pack, specimens sounds like small girls, stuff like dat.

would be awzm with some quality mutators that the company made themself. I know there are good mutators out there. but it would be awzm with even more mutators. completly optional if you want to use them or not
admin window/panel. having an easy access admin window/panel and a list of players who joined ur server and their steam id. and easy to use buttons to ban, unban, kick, permban, chat restrictions, remove weapons/punish a player, put notes on players so other admins can see, list of deactivate mods and activate mods on the next map load. give players weapon, give money to someone, spawn mobs, enable that fly around thingy etcetcetc.

Make it easier to be a admin. without needing to search through lists of lists of commands to do something. more userfriendly really. completly optional to use, can still use the console command

example of a management tool. just make it easier to manage your installed mods and mutators, optional.

EDIT: kf server/steam group fusion. when you first join a server you get a popup firstpage. that can contain server rules and a easy access to the steamgroup who owns the server along with email and admin contact info. and maybe info on what maps and mutators and mods the server is running. easier access to server info really.

easier to give out information on to how to join clans skypechats or what the server is all about. completly optional but is indeed more user friendly, and people know more what to do.

I have more Ideas but I'll see if I write more later im kinda lazy :3

Last edited:
Maybe.

No.

NOOO. Facebook integration is a terrible thing.

No. Newbie mode would be absolutely pointless, for hardcore mode disabling ads is absolutely stupid, why would you even consider that?

Wouldn't solve the noobs joining higher difficulty servers problem and why don't you just go play beginner and check weapons out that way? That's what I did sometimes, or just try them in a game on your usual difficulty with friends.

No. Fixing the server browser would be amazing but I don't see the need for an autojoin function.

As far as I know you can manually save your favourites somewhere in the gamefiles or simply (again that's what I did) create a backup. I've never wanted to blacklist a server as it's very unusual that you get a bad game (that's caused by the server), most of the time it's stupid players and you can't really do anything against those. Also I played once or twice on lennys servers just to try them and as lenny wasn't playing at that time it was great. Well, sorta, as I'm from Europe so the ping was a bit high.

No, you don't need to say more, it's a crappy suggestion.

No. As it's possible to use your perks with every mutator now (but not level them) it's very comfortable to use custom mutators. If you want to play with custom settings do that, there's no reason for mutators like those you mentioned to be integrated in the vanilla game.

Already exists. Webinterface is easy to use and provides most of the things you wanted except the cheating part. KF Vanilla is not compatible with cheating, use cheaty mutators for that, no need in the normal game.

Meh, there's a mutator for that. Also I personally don't care at all for that function.

No. That's what the title of the server is for, also servermessages. The popup window is one of the most annoying things to me with source games.

I hope I responded to everything. In total I don't like your ideas at all. Also there are already suggestion threads, why did you think you needed to create a new one?

Upvote 0
Maybe.

No.

NOOO. Facebook integration is a terrible thing.

No. Newbie mode would be absolutely pointless, for hardcore mode disabling ads is absolutely stupid, why would you even consider that?

Wouldn't solve the noobs joining higher difficulty servers problem and why don't you just go play beginner and check weapons out that way? That's what I did sometimes, or just try them in a game on your usual difficulty with friends.

No. Fixing the server browser would be amazing but I don't see the need for an autojoin function.

As far as I know you can manually save your favourites somewhere in the gamefiles or simply (again that's what I did) create a backup. I've never wanted to blacklist a server as it's very unusual that you get a bad game (that's caused by the server), most of the time it's stupid players and you can't really do anything against those. Also I played once or twice on lennys servers just to try them and as lenny wasn't playing at that time it was great. Well, sorta, as I'm from Europe so the ping was a bit high.

No, you don't need to say more, it's a crappy suggestion.

No. As it's possible to use your perks with every mutator now (but not level them) it's very comfortable to use custom mutators. If you want to play with custom settings do that, there's no reason for mutators like those you mentioned to be integrated in the vanilla game.

Already exists. Webinterface is easy to use and provides most of the things you wanted except the cheating part. KF Vanilla is not compatible with cheating, use cheaty mutators for that, no need in the normal game.

Meh, there's a mutator for that. Also I personally don't care at all for that function.

No. That's what the title of the server is for, also servermessages. The popup window is one of the most annoying things to me with source games.

I hope I responded to everything. In total I don't like your ideas at all. Also there are already suggestion threads, why did you think you needed to create a new one?

when you say no. do you mean that it will make the game worse? or it will give you a worse experience of the game?

or do you say no because there is just some way to tinker with some files so it become like I suggested it anyways?

Upvote 0
I say no because it will indeed make the game worse and as a consequence my experience of the game. Things like cheating, "newbie mode" and stats/facebook integration, just to name a few, would turn KF, a cult classic, into some generic new crap shooter like cod.

KF fills a very special niche and drastically changing the gameplay would not help the game at all, quite the contrary. If there changes don't improve the game there's no reason to implement them.

For some arguments I said no because they already exist, namely the webconfig for servers, if something already exists it's not really a new idea, is it? Also a very defining feature of KF is the modding community, I like vanilla KF and play it almost exclusively but I love little addons like killmessages or antiblocker. While some integrations to the standard game would benefit the users expierence TWI usually does a bad job with implementing them, it also takes the possibility of choice away from the user which is always a bad thing, in my opinion. If someone likes having infinite ammo, low gravity or custom sounds use a mutator for it. It's relatively unproblematic to create and use mutators, there's no reason to integrate every possible custom mutator into the basic game.

Upvote 0
I say no because it will indeed make the game worse and as a consequence my experience of the game. Things like cheating, "newbie mode" and stats/facebook integration, just to name a few, would turn KF, a cult classic, into some generic new crap shooter like cod.

KF fills a very special niche and drastically changing the gameplay would not help the game at all, quite the contrary. If there changes don't improve the game there's no reason to implement them.

For some arguments I said no because they already exist, namely the webconfig for servers, if something already exists it's not really a new idea, is it? Also a very defining feature of KF is the modding community, I like vanilla KF and play it almost exclusively but I love little addons like killmessages or antiblocker. While some integrations to the standard game would benefit the users expierence TWI usually does a bad job with implementing them, it also takes the possibility of choice away from the user which is always a bad thing, in my opinion. If someone likes having infinite ammo, low gravity or custom sounds use a mutator for it. It's relatively unproblematic to create and use mutators, there's no reason to integrate every possible custom mutator into the basic game.

its completly optional to use.

Upvote 0
No need in newbie mode, otherwise it will train generation of pro-noobs, which won't be able to play KF with normal mechanics (or just won't like it). We can take RO2 Action mode as example. From one side, reduced damage allows players to move more than camp (I hate riflemen who act as snipers in Realism mode). But other additions in Action (e.g, Crosshair) make that mode stupidly lame. When I'm playing RO2/RS Action Mode I get feeling that devs were trying to punish people for not playing Realism.

Instead of making newbie mode, it would be much better to add tutorial to the game. Devs could take testmap as a base, where players could learn the shopping system, basic specimen mechanics etc.

Upvote 0
No need in newbie mode, otherwise it will train generation of pro-noobs, which won't be able to play KF with normal mechanics (or just won't like it). (...)

Instead of making newbie mode, it would be much better to add tutorial to the game. Devs could take testmap as a base, where players could learn the shopping system, basic specimen mechanics etc.

^This!

The idea in the difficulties and the leveling of Killing floor is that you learn more and more while playing and as you improve your gameplay you are ready for the next difficulty and so on. If there is too much that differs, people will be afraid to go on higher difficulties and you will instead have what Poosh is calling pro-noobs. It's much like different games as you when changing difficulty and no chance to adapt when playing the higher ones.

The current problem with Low levels/ new players joining harder difficulties will be nothing compared to what this would lead to.

Upvote 0