• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'm a retard: Nerf Maverick

Moz

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
I just bought this Yesterday.

CANADIAN GUN CONTROL.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHNR61497lg.jpg

I modded it so the barrels come out farther

I want to buy one for my girlfriend too. They are CHEAP. (15 cdn) and a hell of alot of fun.

I ofcourse thought it would be cool to paint it.

Breaking it in at least 4 places, lots of glue and a total lack of judgement:

I'm a retard.

I managed to stretch a tiny TINY spring and now the slide doesn't retract when I cock it, and for some reason if it slams forward with the piston it shatters the plastic (lots of glue!)

I was going to paint it black first, but I realized my spray black primer went bad.

If this thing cost more than 15 bucks canadian I would hate myself more right now.

Does anyone know were I can get TINY springs?

WHAT? CANADIAN?

jesus moz, and this whole time i kind of thought you were cool..... i feel BETRAYED!

Didn't all the
CANADA SU CKS
posts clue you in?

Airsoft in canada is a legal grey area and extremely difficult to import, so it's pretty much amounts that nothing short of the most expensive airsoft ever makes it into canada, and most of the people that are selling them are in the redneck areas away from me.

So I bought a nerf gun and broke it.

I'll buy another one next paycheck and give this one away to a friend so he can have the ****y one

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Didn't all the
CANADA SU CKS
posts clue you in?

Airsoft in canada is a illegal grey area and extremely difficult to import, so it's pretty much amounts that nothing short of the most expensive airsoft ever makes it into canada, and most of the people that are selling them are in the redneck areas away from me.

So I bought a nerf gun and broke it.

I'll buy another one next paycheck and give this one away to a friend so he can have the ****y one
OMFG! No Wai!! Airsoft is illegal in Canada. :eek:

Modding toy guns is cool, my friends and I used to have those cheap Chinese single pump air-rifles. You can open the back of the receiver and stack quarters behind the spring to get more power. :)

Upvote 0
typo. I ment legal grey area.

Replica firearms are illegal.

Airsoft do not qualify as replica firearms because they fire projectiles.

They are not firearms because the projectile is under a set feet per second.

So technically if your airsoft stops working its illegal!

In canada you don't need the lame orange tip either

Anyway:

Low end canadian airsoft:

300 dollar high quality pistol

High end Nerf gun:

15 dollars.

Upvote 0
typo. I ment legal grey area.

Replica firearms are illegal.

Airsoft do not qualify as replica firearms because they fire projectiles.

They are not firearms because the projectile is under a set feet per second.

So technically if your airsoft stops working its illegal!

In canada you don't need the lame orange tip either

Anyway:

Low end canadian airsoft:

300 dollar high quality pistol

High end Nerf gun:

15 dollars.

You can get hit with "replica" charges for airsofts in the People's Republic of Kalifornistan, too.

It's funny: You can legally put a real Benelli M4 in a gun rack in your truck (for example) as long as it's unloaded, in plain sight of everyone. Totally kosher with state law. But do it with an airsoft version that looks real, and it's illegal.

That said, all the airsoft kiddies I know run clear guns, that way they can play in the park and not get hassled by the man.

I like the nerf gun. My strict gun-safety upbringing keeps me away from airsoft.

Upvote 0
Airsofting, because of its uneasy standing is an mature, serious and expensive hobby. No ****faces in the the part with clear guns.

They wont even let you on the field if your not in full military gear with a high end AEG or a realistic springer pistol. At least this is what I've gleamed off of the main web community.

I'm poor so no airsoft for me.

Upvote 0
When my son is done with his, I will send you the springs from it :D

I'm going to check the hardware store tomorrow otherwise I might jsut take you up on that offer (me poor student). I tried to recompress the spring with a lighter but turning it red hot, now I have a lovely burn mark in the shape of a spring on my carpet when I dropped it, it was GLOWING RED.

I also realized that that trying to recompress a spring that was stretched 300% is futile.

For maverick modders out there:

The damaged spring is the one that pulls the slide forward after you cock it. If the slight isn't 100% forward when you fire it first stops the plunger. (so you try again) then on the next try with the slide all the way back and fire, shatters the plastic forks holding th connecting rod on the slide off. 2 hours of glue and a cut spring, just bends out of shape and is useless. I broke the spring by getting it snagged on something and stretched it beyond repair. I cut the spring in attempt to use just half of it, which then bent out of shape:

EDIT: OMG TIME PARADOX

springhalfdy5.jpg

Another picture of the lame paintjob:

theflagwr9.jpg

*yes, my curtain is the canadian air force flag. I stole it as a prank back in my air cadet years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0