• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Someone got a N.O. parking ticket? Man, they must've tried pretty hard to get that....lol.
What happened, didn't move the car for Mardi Gras? Or didn't pay the right person off? :p

That looks somewhat like Honey Island...?
Yep, Honey Island. He supposedly parked in a bike lane. Trouble is, there was NO bike lane there lol -- he took photo evidence and appealed the ticket. We'll see what comes of it.

You used to live in NOLA or something? There is an infuriating lack of good gunsmiths down here.

Upvote 0
Born in BR. 1978 LSU alum. Now I'm further upstate.

BR used to have its fair share if gunsmiths. But now it seems one has to travel almost all the way to TX. (But then of course there is Will Hayden with the Discovery Channel's Sons of Guns show in Baton Rouge....:rolleyes:)

Among my prized possessions is a customized Ruger MKI pistol Jim Clark, Sr. did back in the '50s for my dad. But his shop is now up around Haughton, LA. Clarks Custom Guns http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/index.htm
Jim Clark, Jr.,2000 Pistolsmith of the Year, runs the shop now.

What type of work are you looking for? Perhaps I can ask around.

Upvote 0
DSCF0486_zpsbb4dabbc.jpg

Upvote 0
Well, it's been quite some time, but I've got one more to show you!

m1927rs_zpsea31dee5.jpg

It's an Argentine Sistema Colt Mod 1927. Which is a 1911A1 clone built for the Argentine military. These are completely interchangeable with US M1911 pistols. I can't wait to shoot it!
NICE! Very sexy. I have a new one to add as well. I've been meaning to pick up one of these babies since I played RO Mod (UT2003 version hehe). Behold: 1895 Nagant Revolver c.a. 1914!

9yaVK8Z.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NICE! Very sexy. I have a new one to add as well. I've been meaning to pick up one of these babies since I played RO Mod (UT2003 version hehe). Behold: 1895 Nagant Revolver c.a. 1914!

9yaVK8Z.jpg
That's nice! I have a 1935 Tula but I wish I could have got one that early! The older the better for me! Odd thing to say with what I posted here!

Well, I never thought I'd post a pic of an AR type rifle since the only ones we can get are either civilian copies, or VERY expensive Vietnam era full auto weapons, but I think this one is the closest you can get without spending a fortune.

SOCA-15_zpsa64ceec5.jpg

SOCA-15L_zps02b4e2bd.jpg

The information I have is this weapon (along with many others) served in Iraq/Afghanistan in use by a civilian contractor called SOC-USA. These weapons were traded in and sold as surplus. It still has some sand and dust in some of the tight places and I'm debating whether or not to remove it.

So there you go! A surplus AR used in Afghanistan/Iraq!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's nice! I have a 1935 Tula but I wish I could have got one that early! The older the better for me! Odd thing to say with what I posted here!

Well, I never thought I'd post a pic of an AR type rifle since the only ones we can get are either civilian copies, or VERY expensive Vietnam era full auto weapons, but I think this one is the closest you can get without spending a fortune.

SOCA-15_zpsa64ceec5.jpg

SOCA-15L_zps02b4e2bd.jpg

The information I have is this weapon (along with many others) served in Iraq/Afghanistan in use by a civilian contractor called SOC-USA. These weapons were traded in and sold as surplus. It still has some sand and dust in some of the tight places and I'm debating whether or not to remove it.

So there you go! A surplus AR used in Afghanistan/Iraq!
That's cool. May I ask where you live, where it's hard to find affordable ARs?

I took my Finnish M91 out to the range today. My friend brought his M44 carbine. Fun times. Video link below ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOeR64OH-Vs&list=UUQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Upvote 0
That's cool. May I ask where you live, where it's hard to find affordable ARs?

I took my Finnish M91 out to the range today. My friend brought his M44 carbine. Fun times. Video link below ...

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOeR64OH-Vs&list=UUQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA[/URL]
No, it's quite easy to get commercial AR rifles in Georgia, but ARs actually used in war? That used to be something you just couldn't get. While this weapon wasn't used by the military, it was used over in the sand box by a contractor. That's what makes it interesting to me.

Upvote 0
So I take it you're not a Louisiana native? :p This has been one of the coolest July's on record. We are all enjoying it. What's a little rain, anyway?

Save that 30-06 brass! (I'm assuming you're shooting surplus in Russian and German weapons.)

Fun times! Lets see some of the results, next time :cool:. We want to know who the real shooter of the group is. :cool:

Upvote 0
So I take it you're not a Louisiana native? :p This has been one of the coolest July's on record. We are all enjoying it. What's a little rain, anyway?

Save that 30-06 brass! (I'm assuming you're shooting surplus in Russian and German weapons.)

Fun times! Lets see some of the results, next time :cool:. We want to know who the real shooter of the group is. :cool:
Nope, not a Louisiana native. I'm originally from Ohio, where it also gets humid but generally not as hot. Actually I've been underwhelmed in general by the summer here. It's been very pleasant overall, considering. That day in particular it was fairly insufferable, though -- about 90 and 90% humidity when it wasn't raining. It was more of a pain in the *** for shooting than anything else, as I couldn't do anything without my glasses fogging up instantly.

I didn't show the results because we were out there with some brand new shooters and had a pretty big group with us. So basically we were just plinking for fun and couldn't reliably track who was shooting what. Next time we'll have a smaller group, though, so we can do more serious competing ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've got three "new" rifles to add to the mix! A lend-Lease Eddystone M1917 made in August of 1918. A Springfield Model 1873 Trapdoor made in 1884, and lastly I have an R1A1. It isn't technically a military arm, but it was built from a military parts kit.

There we go! I also have a Spanish S&W clone in 8mm Lebel revolver, but I don't know if it was a military revolver, or just a clone.

Attachments

• 3 new rifles.jpg
    3 new rifles.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I've got three "new" rifles to add to the mix! A lend-Lease Eddystone M1917 made in August of 1918. A Springfield Model 1873 Trapdoor made in 1884, and lastly I have an R1A1. It isn't technically a military arm, but it was built from a military parts kit.

There we go! I also have a Spanish S&W clone in 8mm Lebel revolver, but I don't know if it was a military revolver, or just a clone.
Nice! Speaking of revolvers, here's a video I just uploaded of me and friends shooting my 1914 Nagant revolver.

http://youtu.be/Z_mwL7DXBto

Upvote 0
Very nice. By the looks of your YouTube channel you have a ****load of guns!

On another note, I'll be buying a musket very soon. Hopefully soon I'll be posting videos of it here!

Upvote 0
Hey all. I went to a gunshow and picked up a new rifle yesterday. It's a Czech Gewehr 98 built in the BRNO arsenal, probably pre-WWI. It fires 8mm. Once I realized what I was looking at I couldn't pass it up! These pics are from immediately coming home from the show, so I haven't had a chance to clean it yet. I'll post pics of the rifle after its rejuvenation!

7hCbydD.jpg

Full album:
http://imgur.com/a/HeNEB#0

Upvote 0
Hey all. I took the gew 98 out to the range last weekend and it appears to shoot great! Here are some pics from the day. I hope to have video soon!

http://imgur.com/a/Hsw8r

Its a vz98 made in BRNO after WWl on Mauser machinery. These were sold to turkey after adoption of the vz23/24. Only 10000 were made with the Lange vizier sight.

Upvote 0