• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

1953 Type53 before cleaning

1953_Type53.jpg

Upvote 0
not a bringback... omega weapon systems import

and my mosin colection... going by model

M91
1915 Tula
1941 VKT (Finn)
91/30
1929 Tula ex-dragoon
1937 Izhevsk
1944 Izhevsk
91/30 Sniper
1943 Izhevsk PU (not here yet)
M38
1944 Izhevsk
M44
1944 Izhevsk
T53
1953 (IIRC they were only made at one factory mine is marked 296)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
nice pics, does that Iron Elite mount work well?

Yes and no. I was finally getting it sighted in onto the target and was grouping where I wanted it to, but by that time my 98's barrel was too warm and the bore no longer clean. My groupings went to hell as a result. When I got home, the iron-elite mount became loose, which pretty much made the whole attempt at sighting it in for null. : /

Upvote 0
Yes and no. I was finally getting it sighted in onto the target and was grouping where I wanted it to, but by that time my 98's barrel was too warm and the bore no longer clean. My groupings went to hell as a result. When I got home, the iron-elite mount became loose, which pretty much made the whole attempt at sighting it in for null. : /
Have you tried Locktite on the threads?

Upvote 0
Have you tried Locktite on the threads?

No I didn't. I'm not going to put it back on either; the rings for the scope didn't hold it in place (no matter how hard I tightened them) and they were actually digging into my scope, shearing the metal in the process. On top of that, the little screw that goes down and touches the receiver, that ended up scratching it up where it touched.

Upvote 0