• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll never criticize Tripwire again.

CopperHead

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2010
Hey guys, I don't come here that often... I don't play the game that often either. It still doesn't make me feel the way Ro1 did..

but we've been down that road so many times, it's not important.

What I DID want to say, is that I might have been a little wrong about this game developer and mod community as a whole, and I'll explain briefly why.

Anyone who has played Day Z probably ended up enjoying the game, It was pretty buggy at first, and still has it's fair share of bugs.. but the concept at the least was enjoying. Since then, this new game called "The War Z" has come out.

Now I won't bad mouth the devs, because that might be the wrong message to send considering I am basically apologizing to bad mouthing the Tripwire devs. If you google "The War Z" or just go to the steam store page for the game and click "Related News" in the far bottom right, you will be able to educate yourselves about the game and all of its incredible downfalls, both game and developer.

My whole point, is that I now know what a "Bad Developer" is. Tripwire is NOT a bad developer. The things Hammerpoint Interactive are doing are hilariously shocking. After reading the news, I felt sooooo bad about me sh&t talking this game soo much, that I felt extreme humility, and had to come back and just kinda make this ranting post about it.

Even the moderators for their community put this one to shame.. Draconian is a term I might use to describe the rules one mod posted that make Zips look like Mother Teresa!

Tripwire. I'm sorry! :)

Maybe this thread should go in a different subforum not related specifically to the game..oops

I spelled "criticize" wrong... fail

Last edited:
ARMA 3 will prolly be unplayable piece of **** just like ARMA 2 was. The engine was so horribly optimized that after years of new hardware innovations there was no PC able to run it maxed out. Even now its pretty hard to run it on highest settings even if you have a decent rig running BF3, Crysis 2, FC3 and other games like that maxed out.

I know the game itself will be pretty damn good but the engine is horrible. Its the worst engine ever made (next to the litech engine) and the ARMA 3 engine is headed its way.

Upvote 0
ARMA 3 will prolly be unplayable piece of **** just like ARMA 2 was. The engine was so horribly optimized that after years of new hardware innovations there was no PC able to run it maxed out. Even now its pretty hard to run it on highest settings even if you have a decent rig running BF3, Crysis 2, FC3 and other games like that maxed out.

I know the game itself will be pretty damn good but the engine is horrible. Its the worst engine ever made (next to the litech engine) and the ARMA 3 engine is headed its way.

Yeah I dislike the engine, but ArmA 3 will include ragdoll physics and I hope the movement is smoother rather than having a clunky feel. I run on full settings and always have done, no problems whatsoever. Problem has always been it's server side optimization it just can't handle it.

Upvote 0
Before this thread gets locked/moved into offtopic. I'd like to mention that WarZ has been taken off Steam after immense user complaint both on the official and Steam forums. Just yesterday a War Z dev, KewK, who apparently was give full mod powers on the steam imposed the draconian rules of WarZ forums on the Steam Discussion pages for the game, and subsequently any thread that said negative things about the game (even threads helping people get a refund) were locked/deleted and the users were banned (several permanently). Keep in mind this was all done in contrary to the Steam Community Rules and Guidelines, and now Valve is slowly undoing all the "moderation" Kewk did. Really shows what a truly shady, out for money developer looks like.

Update: Apparently Hammerpoint has silently added a clause within WarZ's TOS that makes the user forfeit his/her's right to a refund.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Before this thread gets locked/moved into offtopic. I'd like to mention that WarZ has been taken off Steam after immense user complaint both on the official and Steam forums. Just yesterday a War Z dev, KewK, who apparently was give full mod powers on the steam imposed the draconian rules of WarZ forums on the Steam Discussion pages for the game, and subsequently any thread that said negative things about the game (even threads helping people get a refund) were locked/deleted and the users were banned (several permanently). Keep in mind this was all done in contrary to the Steam Community Rules and Guidelines, and now Valve is slowly undoing all the "moderation" Kewk did. Really shows what a truly shady, out for money developer looks like.

Update: Apparently Hammerpoint has silently added a clause within WarZ's TOS that makes the user forfeit his/her's right to a refund.

The thread won't be moved to off-topic, because the topic of this thread isn't off-topic, however you guys start to go off-topic. Please don't! If you want to talk about an other game, then make or lookup a thread in the off-topic gaming section.

Upvote 0

One of the main goals with Arma III is to release it as polished as possible. Unless we expect the worse, it is very likely that it wont be another Arma II. Even though the engine is far from perfect keep in mind that it is extremely complex and calculate many, many things, even minor stuff such as accurate moon phases...the game does a lot, and that is probably why nothing is perfect.

I haven't tried Warz and I know literally nothing about it. I do not however think that one little mistake becomes more acceptable because someone else do a huge mistake.

If TWI is a bad developer depends on what you're looking for. In my case I am looking for a trusty developer that keeps in touch with the community and that is why I mostly stick to TWI and BIS. Because I know that they're developing games with passion and not with greed. This does not mean that I am happy with RO2, however. I think that it was still a mistake, and I am still dissapointed with the game. Almost no players in Classic Mode. Not to mention the fact that Classic Mode feels like a mode and not like a complete game. There is still too many things missing. Not even a proper command system exist or the basic ability to enter and exit vehicles.

In terms of bugs and glitches I rarely care. Because I knew that both RO2 and Arma 2 would be fixed and that neither BIS or TWI would abandon the ship... and they did not. At least not for me because both arma 2 and ro2 runs fine for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't tried Warz and I know literally nothing about it. I do not however think that one little mistake becomes more acceptable because someone else do a huge mistake.

If TWI is a bad developer depends on what you're looking for. In my case I am looking for a trusty developer that keeps in touch with the community and that is why I mostly stick to TWI and BIS. Because I know that they're developing games with passion and not with greed. This does not mean that I am happy with RO2, however. I think that it was still a mistake, and I am still dissapointed with the game. Almost no players in Classic Mode. Not to mention the fact that Classic Mode feels like a mode and not like a complete game. There is still too many things missing. Not even a proper command system exist or the basic ability to enter and exit vehicles.

I think exactly the same.

Upvote 0
yea welcome back CopperHead....been a while. the game is good, and getting better. it's on the right track and Tripwire has our backs. I don't agree with every single thing they've done or the ways they've done it, but overall they are among the few Good Guys in game development. And we are much better off for that.

No matter what anyone might think of Ramm or the rest...they are no Bobby Kotick.

Upvote 0
Whoa! Copperhead is alive!

Also, well said. Though I haven't played RO2 for a while, I do appreciate TWI for what they do, and try to do, whatever others may say.

Developers acting like Hammerpoint always rub me the wrong way. Kind of like that guy in the back office who always stares at you for just that one extra uncomfortable second when you're done talking, like he's thinking something and I don't want to know what.

Looking forward to ArmA3 here as well.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I don't come here that often... I don't play the game that often either. It still doesn't make me feel the way Ro1 did..

but we've been down that road so many times, it's not important.

What I DID want to say, is that I might have been a little wrong about this game developer and mod community as a whole, and I'll explain briefly why.

Anyone who has played Day Z probably ended up enjoying the game, It was pretty buggy at first, and still has it's fair share of bugs.. but the concept at the least was enjoying. Since then, this new game called "The War Z" has come out.

Now I won't bad mouth the devs, because that might be the wrong message to send considering I am basically apologizing to bad mouthing the Tripwire devs. If you google "The War Z" or just go to the steam store page for the game and click "Related News" in the far bottom right, you will be able to educate yourselves about the game and all of its incredible downfalls, both game and developer.

My whole point, is that I now know what a "Bad Developer" is. Tripwire is NOT a bad developer. The things Hammerpoint Interactive are doing are hilariously shocking. After reading the news, I felt sooooo bad about me sh&t talking this game soo much, that I felt extreme humility, and had to come back and just kinda make this ranting post about it.

Even the moderators for their community put this one to shame.. Draconian is a term I might use to describe the rules one mod posted that make Zips look like Mother Teresa!

Tripwire. I'm sorry! :)

Maybe this thread should go in a different subforum not related specifically to the game..oops

I spelled "criticize" wrong... fail

Lol bro. I was thinking the exact thing, the exact when I read through various WarZ news and debacle surrounding that game. During that time, I thought to myself, huh, I may have been a tad harsh towards TWI and RO2, just a TAD.

I've had more fun reading the WarZ forums and news than playing any game recently...

Anyways.

Upvote 0