• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IGN previews Killing Floor 2 and has a brand new video!

Just realised why both the Stalker and the siren look a bit weird.

The MoCap was done by a Male actor for the Female roles. The Femintity is added later by Computer Programmers.

You do the math. It shows.

Same goes for the Bloat in some ways, but less so. Obviously no one is going to make MoCap equipment for a 200klg Fat man... so i understand that....but maybe for the female roles it would have been bettter?
He still did a very good job thou, what I wondered about how it would have looked like if they mad him do the mocap in an actual fatsuit

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
In a perfect world, you'd have a mocap artist per body form. That obviously costs more dosh and you'd be surprised how many female bodies in games out there are mocapped by men (in the Mortal Kombat universe, MK9 was the first time they actually used women for the females...maybe MKvsDC too but I don't count that one :p ).

The Siren I thought worked out well since A) she's restrained and B) she's incredibly lanky.

I'll admit I squinted pretty hard when I saw the Stalker reveal wondering "would a woman have mocapped exactly like that?" But to be honest, there'll probably be so much carnage and mayhem for someone to stop in the middle of the game and exclaim:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Just realised why both the Stalker and the siren look a bit weird.

The MoCap was done by a Male actor for the Female roles. The Femintity is added later by Computer Programmers.

You do the math. It shows.

Same goes for the Bloat in some ways, but less so. Obviously no one is going to make MoCap equipment for a 200klg Fat man... so i understand that....but maybe for the female roles it would have been bettter?

Actually, the truth on this matter would surprise you.

People working on games in which male AND female mo-cap actors were used have reported that the skeletal animations wind up indistinguishable; That's because when you're talking about natural, casual body movement men and women move exactly the same way.

You can make the mocap actor put on high-heel shoes or sashay their hips while they walk or otherwise act "sexy" (IE like a stripper) so that the animations will look "feminine" but the reality is, all those movements are completely unnatural for the human body, regardless of gender; We just think that's how women normally move because we've been depicting them that way in the media for so long.

TL:DR; They've got the Stalker doing some kind of Exotic Dance / Capoeira mix and it looks weird because the Mo-Cap Artist probably only has training in one of those things, not because he's a dude.

The Bloat movements were probably a bigger issue; ACTING like you're carrying a lot more mass than you really are must be difficult, and he did remarkably well without any kind of fatsuit or weights on him.

Upvote 0
The scariest thing I seen within that video was the phrase "see you next year". It was said twice -- once really early on in the video, and right near the end.

Sure it may be about another Killing Floor review coming out next year, and let's hope thats the case. There are other supposed "blockbuster" games out there that will show themselves in November / December, just in time for the Holiday sales.

Lets just Hope KF2 beats the into the ground, and out the gate.

= )

Last edited:
Upvote 0