• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[How Do I?] If you have a crash, Give us the dump file!

Crashes on startup

Crashes on startup

Brand new computer. I'm getting the same crashes as clernoc and Mega Maid on start up. It just goes to a black screen and crashes. It did work once but now every time it just crashes. Deleting the config folder did not help. Running the prerequisites did not help. Reinstalling the game did not help.
I am running the latest Nvidia Drivers

Specs:
Windows 8.1
Intel I7-4720HQ @ 2.60GHz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M 4GB VRAM
16GB RAM

Also it is not generating any logs but if it does I will post it

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It is crashing for me now.....

It is crashing for me now.....

I have been playing RO2 since the beginning with no problems at all. Last week, I introduced my grandson to RO2 and he's hooked. We play often and one day during a game he texted me to open, already installed, Skype as he voice commands on other games with his friends. I Alt/Tab out of RO and opened Skype, established voice and Alt/Tab back to RO. As soon as I did, I got the dreaded "Blue Screen of Death". I have not been able to open the game since. I get "rogames.exe has encounted a problem and needs to clost. We are sorry...." I have done all the steps in the RO2 Support Section to no avail. I re-installed, again to no avail. (In the Prerequisites section, the UE3Redist,exe failed to install) Don't know if that means anything. I uninstalled Skype and repeated the above, verifying the cache after each step, and even reinstalling all to no avail. Here are my log files:

Attachments

• Launch.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2015.07.27-09.54.32.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2015.07.27-09.54.32.dmp
    128.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back to the Same Old Error Message.

Back to the Same Old Error Message.

I thought I had discovered the problem, but ugh no go.:mad: I have followed all the steps to resolve the crash issue to no avail. I get the error message that ROGames.exe has encountered an error and must close. My PC is then totally locked up. I hope you can help, I am going into withdrawal without RO.
Thanks in advance.
`swamp

Attachments

• Launch.log
    13.2 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2015.08.07-11.10.30.dmp
    541.9 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2016.01.07-13.51.10.dmp
    550.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
RO2 has become less stable over time

RO2 has become less stable over time

Disclaimer: Before I installed any steam workshop files I experienced the same troubles. Also, I am using the steam version of RO2.

When I play a round, everything works great until the round ends.

Once the server lobby tries to load up a new level, one of two things happen:

1. I am kicked out of the server into the main lobby where I can try to re-join.

2. The game crashes to an error dialog and reporting screen that as far as I can tell is failing to send the logs to you.

I have tried these "solutions":

1. I have reduced the "In-game server browser: Max Pings / Minute" from 5000 to 250
2. I have deleted the \Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config folder
3. I have let steam detect if the game integrity was intact, it was.
4. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail.

Please help me, I have ranked up to level 41 and only recently have these problems sprung up.

----
I have included the most recent logs in the folder, I hope they help you help me.

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2015.12.23-16.01.25.log
    4.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2015.12.22-18.50.10.log
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2015.12.23-01.16.19.log
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2015.12.23-15.39.16.log
    30 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2015.12.23-15.59.24.log
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Crash every second game or so.

Crash every second game or so.

I'll be right in the middle of a game, of course with a great score, and whamp black screen with the error message square stating that ROGame has encountered an error and must close.:confused:
I have done all three steps on the "Common Solutions" page to no avail.
See attached log files.
Thanks in advance.
`swamp

Attachments

• Launch.log
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have done some tinkering and have made a few discoveries:

1. 90% of the time I can simply press F10 as a map is downloading to return to the lobby, and from there i can reconnect and continue playing. usually as a rifleman because I was late to the free for all.

2. When my game dies, sometimes I am presented with a black or white screen that does not allow me close it. So far I have tried:
a. ctrl+alt+del which brings up the log out menu, but once I start task manager I am unable to actually see it behind the black screen.
b. pressing the windows key in order to bring up the taskbar so I can try to:
1. close the window manually (it wont)
2. minimize the window manually (it wont)
3. move the window manually (it wont)

I am very upset that I cannot play this game due to my video card and I would hope that you have somebody working on this bug.

You do, don't you?

Upvote 0
crashes randomly

crashes randomly

This crash happened as I was disconnecting from one server going back to main menu. It seems the crashes have increased since upgrading to windows 10.But then there alot of times I can play just fine. It's really bizarre and annoying as hell. Here are my dmp files from the latest crash.
Thanks guys appreciate the help!!
bandag

Attachments

• Launch.log
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2016.01.27-00.40.06.dmp
    711.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Crash Report File Upload

Crash Report File Upload

Crashing all the time...

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2016.02.04-11.40.13.dmp
    32 bytes · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2016.02.04-11.54.50.dmp
    246.2 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2016.02.04-12.21.45.dmp
    261.2 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2016.02.04-12.24.01.dmp
    406.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Alright Tripwire, got some new symptoms.

1. When I press F10 to disconnect from a server just as the map is changing, I am occasionally kicked out of full screen into windowed mode. I can get back into full screen sometimes with alt+enter, although sometimes this results in a crash.

2. Audio changes from full volume to a lower volume during symptom #1, if I succeed with a return to full screen the audio is returned to normal.

Please help, this is so frustrating.

Attachments

• New Text Document.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Alright Tripwire, got some new symptoms.

1. When I press F10 to disconnect from a server just as the map is changing, I am occasionally kicked out of full screen into windowed mode. I can get back into full screen sometimes with alt+enter, although sometimes this results in a crash.

2. Audio changes from full volume to a lower volume during symptom #1, if I succeed with a return to full screen the audio is returned to normal.

Please help, this is so frustrating.

You missed F10 and hit F11 instead maybe? Which does exactly what you describe. Some games and some computers also don't like it when you do things such as minimising or changing to windowed mode when you are in a loading screen either lol. So can crash. If that happens wait until the game is loaded then go back Into full screen.

Upvote 0