• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[How Do I?] If you have a crash, Give us the dump file!

Crashes every time I play. Ingame colors become heavily distorted, with the entire screen often becoming patterned red or green. Ingame sound becomes slowed down and sounds pitch-shifted. Computer locks up entirely, I cannot minimize RO or perform any commands, and must hard-shut down.

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2011.12.21-08.00.07.log
    3.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.12.21-08.16.50.log
    3.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.12.21-08.15.44.log
    12 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch-backup-2011.12.21-10.30.54.log
    28 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Constant crashing.

Constant crashing.

Mine keeps crashing. I actually haven't even played the game yet, I haven't been able to get it to work since launch date. Finally got off my butt and decided to ask for help.

Anyway, I've verified cache integrity, uninstalled/reinstalled and all that, tried updating PunkBuster manually, deleting all .inis to get them back, and nothing ever works. Every single time it's told me "rogame.exe has stopped working." I attached the latest .dmp file I got. Please help!

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2011.12.23-17.49.24.dmp
    251.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I had trouble installing the game, I bought the retail copy as I didn't want to download 8Gbs, but steam would only install 2Gbs from the disk so I ended up downloading the rest. I managed to play through the first tutorial mission, but halfway through the intro of the second axis mission, the game crashed to desktop. I loaded the game up again, tried connecting to a multiplayer server and it ctd'd during connecting. I loaded up again, tried the second mission, got a bit further in the intro, and it crashed again.

Edit: Reinstalled it, now it works.

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2011.12.25-21.16.33.dmp
    294.9 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2011.12.25-21.35.50.dmp
    323.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doesnt matter what im doing or what map it is. I keep having these "ROgame.exe has stopped working" crashes. Ive posted atleast 30 of these damn things and I still cant play this game for 2 hours without a crash.

The last time I played this game was dec 8th. for like 45 mins before it crashed. I said the hell with this and quit playing. Im really that fed up with this BS. So I decide to try it again today. Same deal. Im completely done with this game untill you guys fix this crap....and by the looks of it... I doubt you will.

Last edited:
Reactions: USPHS
Upvote 0
First point, upload did not work, while I was using the dmp files, so I dumped the files together into the zip. file.

Second the crashes occured mostly on two occassions, one is the map Pavlows House, the game crashes there always, not always on start up, but after two minutes max, the game crashes with "ROGame.exe has stopped working".

The other is, when a map change occurres on the server, there the crash happens regulary, but not always, message same as above.

Then there is a third instance, where the game crashes, but this seems to be random, sometimes in the starting screen of the game, or while running around on a map. This doesn't happen that often, but it is annoying.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Reposting in hopes there's help available. In short, the December patch came and went and I'm still having long standing problems with Pavlov's House and Red October maps in multiplayer. Game crashes almost immediately with both these maps. I dont believe I've ever finished a round on these maps, and usually crashes immediately or within 10 sec of start. Other maps are fine, relatively (occasional rogame.exe crashes but less freqeuent) I upgraded to GTX570 from a GTX275, hoping for improvements since those maps do seem larger. No luck- same problem.
System:
AMD Phenom II X4 940 (4 x 3.0 cores)
Win 7 32 bit
GTX570
ASUS MN32SLI deluxe wireless mb

Am REALLY hoping theres assistance available or a patch to fix this. I have over 200 hours in this game and enjoy the maps I can play. I'm disappointed and increasingly frustrated that these other problems havent been fixed.

(original post from November....does not appear anyone viewed those dmp logs posted; new dmp logs attached here)

I've had intermittent crashes since launch, particularly the rogame.exe error. It's gotten better with patches but still happens fequently in MP and tied to some maps more than others. It crashes almost every time I try to play Pavlov's House map- I've never finished a MP game there. Usually crashes within 15 seconds of map start. I'll go back to same game and sure enough, crashes again. Happens on some other maps too but not as often.

dmp logs attached. They're often size 0kb for some reason so gave the next to last most recent. Appreciate any help. Great game but increasingly frustrated. I've updated video drivers, switched video settings around (default), etc...no luck.

Win 7 32 bit
Nvidia GTX275 vid card
4gb ram (realizing 32 bit doesnt use it all in win 7)
AMD AM3 Phenom quad core (3.0 speed per core)

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2011.12.28-22.04.53.dmp
    366.9 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2011.12.23-07.44.03.dmp
    519.7 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2011.12.22-14.56.50.dmp
    450.2 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2011.12.11-01.07.52.dmp
    550.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
We're looking at the crash dmp files, and the next patch will contain quite a few fixes for the issues people are having.

My suggestion to people who have less than 3GB of memory or are running a 32bit version of Windows is to lower your texture setting and set bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True in your ROEngine.ini. If you are crashing on certain maps such as PavlovsHouse and RedOctoberFactory but can otherwise play fine you are most likely running out of memory.

Reactions: Lavalampdrinker
Upvote 0
Hi,

same problems as the rest of you in this thread.
I have like 25 of these dmp files, but some are 0 kb (empty?). I'll just post some of the most recent ones that aren't empty.
Really hope the next patches will fix this problems as this is getting so frustrating for me that I'm thinking of just waiting for the patches to launch the game again... Ugh!

The bInitializeShadersOnDemand was already on True when i looked into it.
Will lower my graphic settings and see if it helps I guess.

Cheers,

Lord Lovat

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2011.11.22-12.55.19.dmp
    634.7 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2011.11.21-20.36.10.dmp
    457.3 KB · Views: 0
  • unreal-v7258-2011.11.20-15.10.10.dmp
    382.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Installed update. Seemed pretty stable. I was able to play atleast 9 full rounds before it crashed. Definately an improvement. It only crashed once after the update. I had scored a headshot with the scoped K98 looking through the scope and it froze up and crashed to desktop about a half second after i fired.

Last edited:
Upvote 0