• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Music] If you happen to like black metal...

@ Gautrek, Black Metal exists like this since the 80's.

I do remember stuff like thrash metal and all its off shoots coming out and being "new".But it was just noise with shouting back then and its got no better over the years.If i want shouting with noise i can listen to a punk band.:p

Like i said mate.When metal was in its infancy.Like the early to mid 70's.You know Deep Purple and the like.But then as i'm one of the people who saw Thin Lizzy with Phil Lynot and the original Led Zep then i suppose i'm old.But i must admit that my tastes have changed over the years.I still do like Rock music but will listen to most sorts of music.

But then we didn't just listen to rock music back then.Due in no small part to the drugs we used to partake of we had a varied and wide ranging musical spectrum.I went to see many reggae bands and punk bands plus we would go down the student nights at the UNI and get to listen to their tastes in music.Stuff like the smiths and the other ****e they listened to.But the beer was free and the women cheap(or something like that).

Also if you went to the free festivals like Stonehenge then you never got much choice in what bands were on.As they just turned up and played.The only certainty was that Hawkwind would turn up and play through the night.But then i can't remember most bands that did turn up anyway.If you could remember the festival then you were not trying hard enough:D

Reactions: LemoN and Nimsky
Upvote 0
I don't know why, but I've only ever preferred instrumental-only metal songs. The same applies to just about every other music genre tbh, except when the song has what I think are really good instrumentals and/or they don't rely on repetition with lyrics on top so much.

I think it's because I never listened to music when I was younger and instead watched movies and played games, thus getting me firmly latched onto movie and game soundtracks and yes, I do listen to them a lot.

Upvote 0
This thread has now transformed into a Focus appreciation thread.

YouTube - Focus - Hocus Pocus Live '73

focus.gif

Reactions: doomis
Upvote 0