• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If you had too...

If you had too...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Defend a fortified posistion, would you rather use a bunch of Maxims, MG34's, or a couple 'o MG42's?

mg34-aa-tripod2.jpg

where they at?!

russian_m1910_hmg_1.JPG

Lets get this baby set up!

mg42-01-large.jpg

Pixel sniping!

firearm_MG42_atwar.jpg

Everyone wants maxims!
fajrere7.png

I'd go for the Maxims :p

Last edited:
Fixed position? Well any fixed position needs to be screened so that it can't be pinpointed prior the attack in which case yuo would get arty spammed. That is unless yuor fighting zombies which are too dump, or they are out of arty ammo. In which case they rush yuo by night whit smgs...On that situation ligther weight and size means faster target acquasition, which is the most important thing in dark & closer ranges.

What ever advantage yuo might think maxim/vickers style mg has is pretty much moot imho. For that weight yuo might as well get .50 cal true long range accuracy and cover-busting abilities.

Wether it's mg34 or 42 then it's more close toss. 34 is more accurate and controllable, 42 more reliable, as I have no personal experience how much I go for 34, reasoning that it can't be that unreliable since it's same weapon whit slower rof.
If cheaper price tag on 42 means I can bring one on my buddy then it's the way to go. But just me individually I value the accuracy more.

Upvote 0
The maxim
Pros:
You can basically keep going as long as you have a supply of water and ammo.
Cons:
Require a highly trained crew to keep running smoothly.
Removing a barrel in case of head seperation is time consuming
Lack of optics on Russian m1910
Elevation controls quite rudementory.

MG.34 / MG.42
Pros:
High rate of fire
Awesome laffete tripod with dial in range tables and programmable dispersion patterns.
Optics
Quick change barrels, got a failure to extract? Chuck in a new barrel!
Easier to use.
Cons:
Chew through ammo
Air cooled; changing barrel interrupts the flow of bullets.

I think the MG.42 with tripod is the winner for me.

Upvote 0
Yes definitely this! Dodge WC52 + Browning M2HB + AT gun= epic win with good old fashioned truckkage too...

Thing I like about this is, the AT gun is pointing in EXACTLY the right direction. the Spahwagen, you gotta be driving directly -at- the enemy tanks to shoot. This one, your truck is pointed in the right direction when you're shooting: AWAY.

Upvote 0