• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac If you are still struggling with the game...

... well, here's an option you should try. Codeweavers is releasing CrossOver for FREE just today, October 31st. It's one of the best tools to run windows apps (ie GAMES) under MacOSX without having to reboot or such...
Yeah, maybe not the best fix... but hey, at least it's free. And you'll get a whole year of support (also, free)
http://flock.codeweavers.com/

I finally have access to the DLC! But right now, I have some issues with the mouse. If you know any way to fix them, would be much appreciated!

That's odd. I never had any problems with my mouse. Are you using Logitech or something like that? I use a Acer mouse for my Mac and I don't have issues with it. What exactly is the problem with your mouse?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Joy of joys! I managed to get it to work properly. Indeed, everything else like flash or so was working properly, so I checked it again and it was some registry issue, apparently I created the folder in the wrong location =P Thank you Skullfinder for the help :)
Not only I have full access to the DLC now, but the game actually seems to run better and make full use of my RAM, I used to play it on practically lowest settings native, now I can play on high with a 1280x resolution and no FPS drops or any other issues! You guys should really try this option 'til we get our fix.

Upvote 0
Joy of joys! I managed to get it to work properly. Indeed, everything else like flash or so was working properly, so I checked it again and it was some registry issue, apparently I created the folder in the wrong location =P Thank you Skullfinder for the help :)
Not only I have full access to the DLC now, but the game actually seems to run better and make full use of my RAM, I used to play it on practically lowest settings native, now I can play on high with a 1280x resolution and no FPS drops or any other issues! You guys should really try this option 'til we get our fix.

Just tested and I finally have access to the DLC, but not the way I wanted XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I just started having the same mouse issue after 15 minutes of gameplay. This makes it really difficult to aim when you can't move your mouse half the time. How did you fix this? Thanks

Upvote 0
Do you suggest installing also Steam via CrossOver?

Yes. What I do to run some of my windows games is have the Windows Steam installed and running while my Mac version is closed. You want to have both versions, but not on at the same time. Otherwise both versions will fight each other for internet connection.

For example: If I want to play Team Fortress 2 or Left4Dead2 I would launch the Mac version of Steam since I have them installed on that version. If I were to play Call of Duty: World at War I'd close out the Mac version of Steam and launch the Windows version (since World at War is only for Windows).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just started having the same mouse issue after 15 minutes of gameplay. This makes it really difficult to aim when you can't move your mouse half the time. How did you fix this? Thanks

Just do the following:
also did the following reg edit to stop it from limiting the character movement

1. Go to the Programs menu in Crossover, then select Run Command.
2. Type 'regedit' (minus the quotes) into the command box, and make sure that Use Bottle has the appropriate bottle selected. Press enter or run.
3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/AppDefaults/
4. With AppDefaults selected, click Edit->New Key. Type 'KillingFloor.exe' (again, without the quotes) and press enter. The key will appear under AppDefaults.
5. Now, with Killingfloor.exe selected in the tree, once again select Edit->New Key. Call the key DirectInput and press enter.
6. With DirectInput selected, go to Edit->New String Value. Name it 'MouseWarpOverride' (without quotes) and press enter. Now right click it, and select 'Modify.'
7. An Edit String box will appear with the value name 'MouseWarpOverride'. In the blank Value Data box, enter 'force_edge' (without quotes). Click ok.
8. With these changes, you can now exit the Registry Editor and close the Run Command dialog.

And be sure you play in full window mode, at a decent resolution. hopefully, you'll get it to work properly, system cursor will sometimes appears in game, but, TBH, you can decapitate scrakes and bang the Patriarch just fine :)

Upvote 0
I figured out how to install steam via crossover, do I have to reinstall KF through the windows version of steam? Or is there a way I can run the version I already have installed

You could move the folder from your Steam-Mac drive to your Crossover Bottle, but I really don't think it would work just as simple... IMO, you should just set it to download during the night, go to sleep, and check it out in the morning.

Upvote 0