• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If the option was there

If the option was there

• Yes I would

Votes: 160 46.2%
  • No I wouldnt!!!1

Votes: 186 53.8%

• Total voters
I use them when I'm a mg. The rounds jump around so much that without them you probably wouldn't be hitting anything. They are especially usefull for those longer range shots. Some people would argue the tracers give your position away...well thats why you choose a very defendable position. You also must have a guy or two near you. If the enemy is going to come after you, make sure you make him go threw your line of fire first.

Upvote 0
Yes very true!

But normally I find myself killing peeps with the tracer round itself, while I watch my bullets impacting around the target area! This shouldnt happen!

AFAIK tracer rounds lost their accuracy (ie trajection) faster then real bullets?

So why do my bullets land around the target, while my tracer goes straight through?!!

After it has given my position away, its a matter of seconds before there are in-coming rounds on my postion while I fire hopelessly at multiple enemies, praying I score a hit? :rolleyes:

If I had the option I would remove my tracer bullets, and just watch for the hit sprites for guidance.

Upvote 0
I would only use them in the tanks mgs. Its pointless to use them in the normal MGs it does alot more harm then good thats for sure. With the way riflemen can pick off mgers at range without explosing anything but the very tip of the helmet they are wearing all tracers do is point out to everyone where you are so someone can pick you off. If the point of view bug is ever fixed then maybe tracers would be worth the effort in the help aiming. but right now all they are is a big shoot me sign. Shoot me before i can see you! yeah its not worth it.

If i could have the option to aim the mg without using the sites then tracers might be ok on really big maps.

Upvote 0
Maybe not the "perfect" spot but a more defendable spot, a place where it is hard to get a nade to and the only way to kill you is if the enemy comes from 12 o clock. Being cautious and moving around much like a sniper also helps, and it helps to stick to areas where there are usually a couple teammates running around.

Actually, it's been determined that it's very easy to kill an MG from head on, even when he's shooting at you. This has been discussed a lot. THere is no such thing as a "perfect" MG spot with the MGs in this game.

Yesterday, while playing Beach Assault, I was set up in one of the bunkers, looking straight at the door through that little window. Perfect spot, right? no nade chance, no flank, perfect. Until a guy ran through my hail of bullets and shot me with a TT33. I started shooting when he showed at the door, and he just ran strait through the fire. And of course, I couldn't un-deploy in time to move so he had a perfect shot at my head.

So I don't think the issue is just the Tracers.

Upvote 0
Odd, I have noticed on multiple servers that not as many of my bullets are registering anymore and neither are some of my melee attacks. For instance the other day I chased some german around and I then proceeded to pistol whip him in the back of the head 3 times from point blank and nothing happened, I didn't even hit. This also happens with bayonet, and my ping is usually under 90.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't use them, i'm smart enough to know where my bullets are going. Really, they only look neat and let your teammates and the enemy know where not to go and where to shoot.

In my experience ill do a short burst with the 34 and kill a russian and the tracer round is flying three or four feet horizontally away from the target and this is not from the recoil of the MG, this dosen't happen all the time but ingame there is little purpose of using tracers besides putting on a little fireworks show.

Upvote 0