• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

if i will buy from steam will there be russian language?

If I buy the russian boxed version, can I switch to english in the game?

Yes, I think you can change it via Steam.
You right click RO2 and go into properties and then you select the wanted language

French and Spanish I need to check the status of. There may be other languages in production - I'll check with the distributors.

I don't see why French wouldn't be in the game since RO1 had French in it .. ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What exactly is it about this language setting? If I got Russian, the menus are in Russian I guess and what's about the voice commands, do I have Germans speaking Russian with German accent then? I really hope I can set the voices to "native original", so Germans speak German and Russians speak Russian. I don't care if I can't understand what they are saying in the campaign but I do care about realism. :)

Upvote 0
What exactly is it about this language setting?
Its about that my friend can bring me the russian boxed version, also its cheaper than both digital and boxed versions in my country. So I needed to know about the english for the menus and in game hud text. I will play with original voice chatter ofc - germans speaking german and russians russian ;)

Upvote 0
I guess he is one of the guys who like jokes about french people and french army..

If the game is not translated in French, does it mean that it won't be sold in France in boxes?

Actually, it is not a problem to me if there is no translation in French, but i would like to know if i have to buy tRO2 on Steam, or if i can just moove in a shop to get it !

Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
I guess he is one of the guys who like jokes about french people and french army..

If the game is not translated in French, does it mean that it won't be sold in France in boxes?

Actually, it is not a problem to me if there is no translation in French, but i would like to know if i have to buy tRO2 on Steam, or if i can just moove in a shop to get it !

RO:OST had french so don't worry , me too I want to be able to buy my gameat the retailer...
But here in Quebec (French Canada). There's a "law" about video games..
Every video games sold in here needs to be in french or subtitled in french

This province is doomed to stupidity

Upvote 0