• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idle Tankcrew mutator

O'Shannon

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
i have listened to the recent webcast on bashandslash and when i heard John Gibson saying something like AI will engage enemy by its own.

In clan matches there shouldn't be any random factor like random arty and AI manning and firing MG or Main-Gun is just another random factor, imo.

and that is where i would like to see some sort of "Idle-Tankcrew" mutator.
a mut that disable the AI to fire mg and main gun.

T think this order will be in, with the "stop" order (actually in ROOST)so, Just give them order to cease fire,
you'r funny. No need to code anything.:D

edit: oh, and better: fill the tank with humans, that's work.

Sorry but theses suggestions when we don't know how will react and act the IA and how you will manage them, are... hum

Anydev said that the AI will act randomly? firing randomly? become a random factor?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T think this order will be in, with the "stop" order (actually in ROOST)so, Just give them order to cease fire,
you'r funny. No need to code anything.:D

edit: oh, and better: fill the tank with humans, that's work.

Sorry but theses suggestions when we don't know how will react and act the IA and how you will manage them, are... hum

Anydev said that the AI will act randomly? firing randomly? become a random factor?

Do you ever play a clan match ? it's 8v8, not 32vs32.

I agree with O'shannon, AI is gonna be a new random factor. Artillery is just horrible at the moment (I remembered it to have kill 4 guys to the spawn in a clan match !), and with the AI, you won't be able to make what you want, if it act like the AI of ROI (meaning shooting guys to 500 meters with a ppsh while they can't see nobody because they're behind a house, rushing in trenches with a tank even when you told them to stop and lot of more). Just imagine you want to flank the ennemy team with your tank (you've to be silent) and then, you're MG-crewman shoot everything because it engages ennemy "by it's own".

Upvote 0
Honestly I think AI doing anything is bad. Every game developer says their AI is great and can do this and that, but they can never do that good of things, or even if they can, they STILL never stand a chance to a human, being it driving out in the open, rather than taking the long way around the slope of a hill. And even when it comes to commands, even if they obey your command, it usually fails hard anyway.

Upvote 0
Honestly I think AI doing anything is bad. Every game developer says their AI is great and can do this and that, but they can never do that good of things, or even if they can, they STILL never stand a chance to a human, being it driving out in the open, rather than taking the long way around the slope of a hill. And even when it comes to commands, even if they obey your command, it usually fails hard anyway.

In terms of driving at least, as Ramm has explained and shown, the AI just does exactly what you tell it. It's basically the same as if you were controlling the tank entirely by yourself, but with this AI facade that makes it seem like there is a crew in there with you. So steering your tank as a commander would be no different than as a driver, except there would be a slight delay from your command to the action.

Upvote 0