• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ideas, thoughts, questions and stuff

Moaning

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 4, 2019
Finland
Killing Floor 2 has a wonderful arsenal of weapons, perks, characters and maps to choose from and I find myself liking all of them, some more than the others. Tripwire keeps good care of the weapons and perks, changing them and modifying them to make them usable one way or another. Of course some changes for already existing perks/weapons don't really hit the mark or even some of the upcoming weapons don't, either if they don't function the way they should or just are underwhelming to begin with, but I know for the fact that the developers are quick enough to do something about it (keep up with the good work). The selection of characters with their own unique voices and dialogue freshens up the game a lot too. With that being said, I'm gonna start off with some ideas I came up with and questions that I would like to ask and see if you can provide with possible answers and thoughts.

First and foremost, Are you thinking about adding a new perk into the game in the future and what general goal you would like for it.

Are you planning on keep adding a purchasable DLC character once a year (like Mrs.Foster and Badass Santa)?

Any new bosses on the horizon or changes to the already existing ones, as an example, I've heard people talk about Abomination being way too easy.

Now this question is kinda rough from me to ask since I haven't played the first Killing Floor myself that much, but I have taken a look at the weapons from the game and found some of them interesting. Any hints or already existing ideas to add weapons from the first Killing Floor as what they were like in the game or are you gonna do some changes to them, or even possibly taking weapons and mashing them together like what you did with the Eviscerator? (From what I can see it's a mashup of the Chainsaw and the Horzine Buzzsaw Crossbow)

Some fresh ideas that I came up with for weapons.

- A handheld Minigun, a hulking ammo eating weapon with a high rate of fire to demolish weaker Zeds out of the way and put quite a hurt on the bigger ones. I was thinking about Minigun for SWAT perk. Upsides being able the take good care of larger groups of Zeds and deal good amount of damage to Scrakes and Fleshpounds and the Minigun would have the largest mag in the game. Downsides for the Minigun would be the fact that it's the most expensive weapon you can buy for the perk, weighs like 10 kg or so, has moderate amount of recoil and reloading the weapon would take a longer time. In order to fire with the Minigun you have to rev it up first, which will take a second or so. You could still keep it revved up in order to prepare yourself for another horde of Zeds. An idea of adding a Minigun is gonna be tough, since I feel like the Minigun would be more similar to the Stoner or even to the P90, and would take away a lot of flexibility for SWAT due to it's high weight. For those who will be picking up a Minigun, they can either have the time of their life, or they are going to wish that hey had Kriss instead.

- SPAS-12 Shotgun for the Support perk. The SPAS-12 would be a really satisfying weapon for Support for it's unique look and with the luxury of two firing modes, Semi-automatic and Pump action. SPAS-12 would be a great weapon for it's damage output and the selection of two firing modes to deal with different kind of Zeds, but it would come with a cost, and that being it's going to be very expensive to buy ammo for the weapon and it would cost a handsome amount to get the weapon itself. Not only that but the SPAS-12 would be heavier than your typical shotgun. I can see SPAS-12 having a tough competition with M4 when it comes down to being a well-rounded shotgun when we look at the stats.

- For my third weapon idea it would be interesting to see a new weapon that utilizes a certain ability Zeds use, like what you have done with the Husk Cannon or the Blower Thrower Bile Launcher. I was thinking something like a weapon that would make irritating ear piercing sounds like Sirens do, to make the enemies confused and slowly make their heads pop. Of course having a weapon like that would be annoying for the one using it because they have to endure the sound as well.

Those are the weapon ideas that I had in my mind, let me know what you think about them.

Last question I have in my mind is about the lore, how fast do you want to make progress on it and do you feel like adding more modes into the game that have something to do with it (like helping out Dr.Ogada Buyu on Zed Landing and Outpost).

Thank you for reading this horribly made post and have a nice day!

Moaning

[h=1][/h]

I'm no member of the staff, but here's my two cents nonetheless :

-A new perk would greatly renew my interest in the game, but the issue is that most roles are covered now... Even the survivalist is somewhat shaping itself as the "experimental" perk. The only addition I could personally see would be a "glass cannon melee-centric perk", kind of the opposite of the berserker. The latter can unleash a flurry of moves and tank most hits... The former would be very nimble, and strike quick and powerful hits... to the price of a lower survivability

-New characters? Why not. But they should honestly be a bit cheaper... I wouldn't mind purchasing DLCs to show my support to good ol' Tripwire, but that's just too much for what's basically a new avatar. Maybe they could do a pack like they did in the first game? Which could be a bit more expensive since they are all fully voice-acted.

-Well, a Matriarch boss has been rumoured since... well, the game's launch really. So there's that. I also believe that all bosses have found their niche and are quite balanced now. The Abomination could be a bit less annoying (waaay too many mines!) and the King FP could be a bit beefier... But otherwise, it's all gud.

-Nah for the minigun, as if has been explained many times before. I don't really see what niche could the SPAS-12 fill...as it's basically a toned-down AA-12. Plus it's not as if you couldn't control your trigger-finger with the M4 anyway.

Upvote 0
Yep, for the Minigun part I see that balancing such a weapon is hard and because SWAT is mainly about smg weapons, having a Minigun sticks out in perk's collection of weapons weirdly. The main thing for SPAS-12 with two different firing modes I was going for was versatility. Maybe have each firing mode have different effects like more damage with the pump action and less damage with the semi-automatic while being able to shoot faster. Seeing how this has turned out, one option is going to be preferred more than the other, and with a shotgun I don't really feel like you need to think what firing mode you have on, you just shoot, that's it. I should have thought a bit more.

Upvote 0