• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ideas/suggestions for our mod

Like the way you move slower in deeper areas of sand, the way it sinks, the way it sloshes around, kind of like dynamic water effects where there are individual water units sloshing around, but with sand. Tanks would get stuck in sand pits, there would be clouds of dust and sand being blown up from cars and tanks. This is just special effects though

Upvote 0
you would definitely get blinded by sandstorms though. I saw a video of a sand storm in an American outpost in Iraq. There was literally a wall of sand coming at them and eventually the entire place grew darker until the entire place was enveloped and was PITCH black. It reminded me of the video someone took when the twin towers fell and the cloud of soot was coming at them...scary

Upvote 0
Probably too much for the engine, but having dust hang in the air, for example, as a vehicle drives along it kicks up sand and such, and some of the dust stays in the air for a set period, slowly diffusing and settling - same for anything that throws up dust. I just remember playing Steel Panthers WaW on the African campaigns, and as your tanks engaged each other the air would become saturated with dust, lowering visibility as the battle progressed.

Other than that, maybe putting in smoke artillery rounds that can be called in, since with the wide open, cover free environments of the desert infantry need a way to cover their movements without getting picked off by riflemen at 800 m.

Upvote 0
If it is possible I would like to see sand a thing where sand can get into your eyes. Lets say a grenade explodes near you or a tank drives by or a bullet lands in front of you then sand could get in your eyes and distort your view. If you turn away from the approaching sand it won't affect you. What you could do if it is possible is to add in goggles. When you press a certain button it will make your soldier put on his goggles and sand won't affect him but he will lose a bit of his view but not much, and when he has goggles off the sand can disorient his view like stated above.

Another thing if the engine allows is to show the heat coming off the sand during a hot day map. You know what I mean right? It's like how off in the distance things get blurry.

Upvote 0
Moz said:
My suggestion is start with tanks, don't waste too much time with infantry right away. Tank is what the public hungers for. Tanks
I second that. Some panzer II's and III's. About the infantry. I would like to see some Italians.

Oh yeah, Brittish tanks were mostly single role, either AT or Infantry support. It took a while before they realised they needed dual purpose tanks.

Upvote 0