• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idea that might fix the gameplay

luciferintears

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
One of the major complaints i have about this game is that it feels too much like a twitch shooter.

Most if not all tactical elements from the first such as positioning yourself in proper cover, resting your weapon, etc have been removed, thus making the game somewhat shallow.

I find myself sprinting house to house and room to room alone armed with nothing but a bolt action rilfe; something i would never have done in the original game. Not only me, but most people have abandoned teamwork to just go of on their own; whereas in Ost Front, whether you liked it or not, you found yourself inadvertently sticking together as a group.

The thing that causes such run and gone, lone wolf type of gameplay, and even makes classes like the MG and Sniper redundant and useless, is the accuracy of the weapons.

***NO this is not a thread about sway!!!***

Now, to my idea:

When bringing up your weapon from hip to iron sights, it comes up extremely fast and as solid as a rock. This allows for gameplay breaking things such as sprinting at full speed, stopping instantly, shouldering your weapon, firing a pin point accurate shot, and continue running.

What i suggest is that when you bring the weapon to your shoulder, it takes about 1-2 seconds for the weapon to settle. This will simulate shouldering the butt-stock and then adjusting it.

You can still fire will it hasnt settled but it will be much more inaccurate.

I feel as though this will properly slow down gameplay just a notch to more tactical levels, and will force people to think twice before running off to clear that building alone with a bolt action.

Being such a small change, i dont see it as being difficult to implement. Implementing this as well as simulating panting done after sprinting, will really help this game.

As it stands, it feels too much like a pick up and play arcade game. The thing that made Ost Front fun, was its steep difficulty curve; it was hard at first, but once you got the hang of it, it was not only fun but also provided a rich gameplay experience.

TL;DR:

-Give the weapon 1-2 seconds of mild/heavy sway before settling down when bringing it from hip to ironsights

-simulate heavy breathing after you're done sprinting

what do you guys think?

Last edited: