• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I won't be buying this game anytime soon

Most people writes ROost is great and realistic.
The last year there were 3 RO servers and 1 DH server.
If it was so great you will see many servers/players now.

ROost is the past.

Ro2 is the futere.
It becomes only better and better.

All depends what TWI does, do they fix gameplay or do we have to wait for modders to bring RO spirit into it.

TBH: I today regret that I didn't buy BF3 when it cost 15 euro (EA Store promo + promo code) because on public I would have more fun there than in RO2 now. If I would like to play CoD, I'd install CoD 4. From RO2 I expected to be better RO:O, not mixture of other mainstream and casual games.

Reactions: Poerisija
Upvote 0
I was the lucky one to have the game running great on my pc.
All the annoying bugs have been fixed already, so I'm just enjoying the game every evening.
Wish everyone would be as happy with the game as I am.

P.S. Posted this so you know that there's more negative feedback on the forums just because all the people that enjoy the game as it is, are just busy playing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Most people writes ROost is great and realistic.
The last year there were 3 RO servers and 1 DH server.
If it was so great you will see many servers/players now.

ROost is the past.

Ro2 is the futere.
It becomes only better and better.

This.

Just because more people play RO2 doesn't neccesary mean RO2 is better. RO1 is a old game. Most people are fed up with it nowdays. Despite the fact that some people consider RO1 better than RO2 that doesn't mean all those people will stick to RO1 and play it simply because it's a quite old game that those people most likely have played a lot already. If RO3 became a fullblown arcade game more people would play it simply because that's what 8% of all gamers want. That's why games like COD and battlefield are so successfull. But it wouldn't make the game better - it would make it worse, simply because the fact that RO isn't about being an arcadegame.

At the moment I wouldn't call RO2 a complete spiritual successor to the orginal Red Orchestra. The more it moves away from the orginal game the worse it is - no matter if we enjoy the gameplay or not. If RO2 was called something else, like World At War: Heroes of Stalingrad I would automaticly like the game better. Because then my expectations would be completely flat. Because RO2 is supposed to be a SEQUEL to RO1. This means that people have certain expectations. Changing direction isn't very loyal to the old customers especially if they aren't informed about this - Which I - and a lot more people - wasn't. I bought the game because it was a sequel to the first RO1 which I loved and still love to play. If COD became a combat simulator I wouldn't like that either. Because COD isn't about that. Any game that completely change direction lose It's meaning to why it was created in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
honestly you're only seeing the vocal minority the rest of us are out there playing the game and thats over 3000 people online at any given time all having fun.. My pc isn't top of the line I have an i5 2500k with 8gb of ram and 2x radeo hd 5850's and I run the game at 1080p full ultra with 60-100fps at all times. If you loved RO1 from the mod all the way to darkest hour you'll love ro2 quit being a baby and just buy the damn thing. The more support TWI gets the faster they give us content and fix things.

Upvote 0
honestly you're only seeing the vocal minority the rest of us are out there playing the game and thats over 3000 people online at any given time all having fun.. My pc isn't top of the line I have an i5 2500k with 8gb of ram and 2x radeo hd 5850's and I run the game at 1080p full ultra with 60-100fps at all times. If you loved RO1 from the mod all the way to darkest hour you'll love ro2 quit being a baby and just buy the damn thing. The more support TWI gets the faster they give us content and fix things.

Just a question; Giving content... do you mean DLC's? Because those are generally sold and not given. I may be wrong, but I don't think TWI will be throwing us loads of free content. Just because the game contains a lot of errors is not a logical reason to buy the game. It's TWI's job to fix those things. Also, I doubt TWI will change the direction of this game by making it more like the orginal RO. Which is one of the important fixes. The people that did most of the work with keeping RO1 alive was modders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a question; Giving content... do you mean DLC's? Because those are generally sold and not given. I may be wrong, but I don't think TWI will be throwing us loads of free content. Just because the game contains a lot of errors is not a logical reason to buy the game. It's TWI's job to fix those things. Also, I doubt TWI will change the direction of this game by making it more like the orginal RO. Which is one of the important fixes. The people that did most of the work with keeping RO1 alive was modders.

Actually TWI is known that all new content released by them is free. I also have this. So it's matter of weeks or months if TWI follow that.

Upvote 0
I wholeheartedly suggest that you should wait and see how things go.
There was sharp drop in player base, both new comers and ro series vets alike.
This alone gives anyone a significant warning as for game's current condition.

If you don't have uber rig with quad core +3.5?Ghz, 8G ram, recent gfx card, you might encounter so many bugs that will turn you right off.

memory leaking, sound bug still around, and unless you're ok with rather arcadic rail gun shoot out, you might not like ro2 than ro1.

Someone up there stated forum complaints are only small fraction of whole user base, while this can't be proven right or wrong as I never saw statistics on this issue.

Then what about ppl who had technical issue but just tired to even try to fix it or complain it on forum and abandon the game?

I for one, have lots of fps games COD MW2, GRAW2, BFBC2, Crysis wars, Crysis 2, RO1, ARMA2, ARMA2 OA, GTA4, red faction guerrila, red faction armaggeddon.
Most are very cpu taxing, gfx heavy games and yes, most have nicer graphic than ro2.

I like fps and action games, and have i5 760 2.8GHz, gtx 460 1G, 4G ram, cheap dedi sound card, yet all the games above run fine without much issue.

RO2? It's hell of issues after issues, memory leaking, sound crackling, micro stuttering, dipping fps, broken 3D sound system can't figure out sound direction.

RO2 is the worst error fillled fps game I've ever bought to date. < no matter who says otherwise, this is very truth about my experience with ro2.
buggiest game I ever bought to date.
You are correct, there are no real statistics available. Few things however point into this. There are at least 1.5k players playing at any given time. During rush hours could be as much as 4k. Compared to this, there isn't much complaining going on. At least not in a huge manner like 50% of the playerbase having problems. Problems are significant, but still a fraction of the playerbase.

I know, there are numerous counter arguments to that. So lets go back to the beginning. My point was not to argue rock hard that only a small fraction has problems. My point was that judging the problems by reading forums results a biased result.

Upvote 0
Yeah, you'd be correct if it wasn't for TWI. TWI has however stated that all DLC will be free.

Upvote 0
I was the lucky one to have the game running great on my pc.
All the annoying bugs have been fixed already, so I'm just enjoying the game every evening.
Wish everyone would be as happy with the game as I am.

P.S. Posted this so you know that there's more negative feedback on the forums just because all the people that enjoy the game as it is, are just busy playing.

+1
my game too runs fine on my pc
i dont know why ppl are complaing...
btw ppl will complai even when the game will be bug free caz this is not RO1..
sry for my bad english but get a life and dont complaint... ppl who wanna buy the game watch this forum and what they see is a bug game, even iff the game will ran fine like on my pc and 1000 pcs out there

Upvote 0
What's really bothering me is that most issues are very critical and annoying when playing mp and most of them are very very very basic stuffs, memory leaking, sound crackling, no sound card support, stuttering, dipping fps..

I really think many players are having more or less the same issues while few of them actaully came to forum to report.

As i stated earlier, gta4, crysis wars, crysis2, bfbc2, moh2010, red faction guerrilla, red faction armaggeddon runs rather fantastically with my rig.

Who'd expected this kind of performance issues from dx9 game that doesn't even look very good.

Ro2 really shouldn't have been released in 2011.
It's unfinished.

Twi should appologize for selling their defective, unfinished products.

Upvote 0
Cypher said:
The more it moves away from the orginal game the worse it is - no matter if we enjoy the gameplay or not.
If we enjoy the game(play) then the game is better - for us - than worse.

Cypher said:
If RO2 was called something else, like World At War: Heroes of Stalingrad I would automaticly like the game better. Because then my expectations would be completely flat. Because RO2 is supposed to be a SEQUEL to RO1. This means that people have certain expectations.
Yes, you're right. And their expectations has changed their perception and judgement. They has been used to play RO1 and want "the same but more". RO2, however, is not the same. Is different. New. More realistic, I would say, in terms of changes when I see them listed. And that collides with people who played the game that was artificially made hard in order to imitate realism.

I think that the people should either ask for ROOst 2 or they should decide if they want the game mechanics changed into something more realistic (in comparision to ROOst). There is still room for improvement and changes, but - as you yourself have said - the game is not as bad as people say it is. The game is simply not what they wished it to be and it's its main fault.

Upvote 0
- Less command system isn't more realistic.

The weaponhandling isn't more realistic (not saying RO1s was either - but it was a lot more realistic than in RO2)

-The current bandage system isn't more realistic.

-Lockdown timer isn't more realistic.

-Tactical view isn't more realistic.

- The maps isn't more realistic

- The skillpoints isn't more realistic

- The onlocks isn't more realistic.

- Above all - the current gameplay is far from more realistic than in RO1.
Realize that RO2 is for a wider audience which will automaticly eliminate certain realistic features in the game.

If it was called Something else I can give it 8/10.

As a sequel to RO OST I give it 5/10

Last edited:
Upvote 0
- Less command system isn't more realistic.

The weaponhandling isn't more realistic (not saying RO1s was either - but it was a lot more realistic than in RO2)

-The current bandage system isn't more realistic.

-Lockdown timer isn't more realistic.

-Tactical view isn't more realistic.

- The maps isn't more realistic

- The skillpoints isn't more realistic

- The onlocks isn't more realistic.

Realize that RO2 is for a wider audience which will automaticly eliminate certain realistic features in the game.

Aye, RO2 is certainly not better nor realistic than RO1 in it's first years if you look at the gameplay and content.

Upvote 0
Cyper said:
As I said - there is still a room for improving the game to make it better. I don't say the game is perfect. If you want to compare RO1 and RO2 and say what is more realistic... I can recall a few threads where RO veterans were devouring each other while discussing RO1 and RO2 realism. Even amongst their own ranks are people whose opinion varies. Who is right then and why?

Cyper said:
Not really. We have relaxed and realism modes and I see no problems to give to each niche what its inhabitants wants. You also have to remember that the game is much more unforgiving and harder than any other standard market FPS game.

Cyper said:

Objectivly speaking - your opinion is biased?

Last edited:
Upvote 0