• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I wish I had been recording...

Colonel Panic

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
...because that last game was hilarious!

Wave 9 on Hard, playing some map called KF-Downtown, in a room with two doors. Lvl 6 support keeping one door welded, while lvl 6 sharpshooter, lvl 6 commando (myself) and lvl 4 firebug mind the open door.

The entire wave had been pretty much uneventful, with nothing more challenging than a couple husks and a screamer. Down to about 60 zeds, the sharpshooter turns away from the open door to join the support and says "I think we can open the door now." Immediately I reply with "famous last wor--OSHI- FLESHPOU--TWO FLESHPOUNDS AND A SCRAKE!"

Sharpshooter whips around and TKs the firebug, then gets ganked by both enraged fleshpounds while I unload on the pissed off scrake, only to have the back door go down and two more scrakes and a pair of screamers come rushing in from that side and shred me to pieces. The support manages to blast his way out through the fleshpounds and make a run for it, but didn't get 3 meters down the hall before he ran into a group of 5 more sirens and his head exploded. It was all over in about ten seconds.

Last edited:
Lol awesome fail xD!! Fail moments are the best!!!!!!

heres my fail from today:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On farm my team wiped in seconds of wave 10 start, i had to win most of the waves going up too 10 :D, the wave starts team doesnt pay attention we get hit by scrakes, ARE ZERKER was suppose to kill it but he gets raped by gores. (im a medic and im looking at him in awe :O)

fleshpound i thought was going to chase me actually chases the other dude and well he died...

so i kill 3 fleshy with a crossbow and run into a house

in the house i pull out my katana and start swording everything i kill around 90 specimens as a medic hiding in a corner.

this happend ^^^^^ because i tried committing suicide and my grenades didn't work. >_>

Upvote 0
Not as bad as our sixman suicidal where one guy threw a grenade by accident (while trying to get their flashlight) inside a narrow barn in KF_Farm and wiped out the five other players...on wave 1.

Friendly fire was at 100%.

I do that a lot, which is why my server has FF at only 20%.

I have F for frags and G for flashlight, and it's easy to bump F while reaching for G.

Upvote 0
Those right there are some of my favorite last words... and I hear them all the time.

"Oh, this is only on Hard? too easy, should switch to suicidal"

then within 1-2 waves, every time, the person who said that gets killed.

Hahaha that was a joke to Hatori. We were playing on Hard and i disconnected from the server because i said it was too easy. Next time i asked him if i should join, he said that it would be too easy for me ^^

Upvote 0
Not really a fail moment, but still funny:
We were playing Biotics on Suicidal. It was around wave 9 when a Fleshpound pops into the usual "U shaped room" (don't know how to call it). Everyone start to shoot the hell out of him, when suddenly he goes in rage mode, runs a bit around the room (without hitting anyone) and leaves. It was hilarious, 'cause it seemed as that Fleshpound was running away from us and crying because we didn't let him in to play with us. Yea, I wish I recorded that.

Upvote 0
Sounds like you're speaking from a certain kind of experience there...

I definitely am. A few nights ago I, my boyfriend and our friend were playing on Waterworks on hard with the no trader mut on. I think we only had Winchesters. Things were going fairly well until the fourth wave. We had just stepped outside when a Husk, two Sirens, a Scrake (7 wave so certain specimens appeared earlier), a bunch of Gorefasts and a crapload of Crawlers spawned. My boyfriend got trapped by Crawlers and eaten by a Scrake, my friend got sliced up by Gorefasts and burnt by a Husk while I was trying desperately to heal him and act as a meat shield (I was a medic), and the Sirens popped my head while I was trying to abandon ship and run.

It all happened in seriously no more than eight seconds. We were like "...What the hell just happened?" Hilarious.

Upvote 0
This has happened twice, while scoped in, I HS the patty at the same time he fires a rocket. So he drops slo-mo in the scope while the rocket goes slowing whizzing past my head.

There was also the time on foundry where he popped me with a rocket while I was on the second floor. The explosion pushed me over the railing and onto one of the big wheel housings. Of course, I happened to be playing support at the time so the advantageous position really didn't help.

Upvote 0