• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I want you..

Stalin_leads.jpg
lol! Thanks I needed a laugh. Also the "you **** noob" Stalin is one of my favorites.

Upvote 0
It's a matter of honor. Only honorable men accept a melee fight. Cowards turn and shoot. Cowards watch their buddy melee fight an enemy and then shoot him. And don't think that because you can shoot us when we charge you that you've 'pwned' us. Veteran players are the only ones doing the bayonet charges. Veteran players would have seen your sorry ass from a mile away and could have out a bullet through your skull long before you even saw us. A bayonet charge means we saw you from a long distance and decided to close out in the open. If you really want to go rifle vs. rifle, you'd have been dead before you even knew there was a threat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a matter of honor. Only honorable men accept a melee fight. Cowards turn and shoot.

That means about....*does calculations*...ALL of the surviving WW2 veterans are cowards :p

But seriously, you can't expect players to just suddenly act like knights of the 13th century instead of ruthless Team-Killing machines of the 21st.

Which only leaves one solution...RO-Joust!!

Upvote 0
.. to buy a microphone if you want to play orel or bdj.

Please do not enter a orel or bdj-server if you can't communicate! It's just annoying. The best drivers/commanders ****, if they have silent tankmates.

Thx for your attention.
Got one it's USB so doesnt seem to work within RO- so i only voice with ppl pre-aranged. But I play orel with a good driver and we agree we prefer vchat binds anyway, seem more efficient for us- and we do alright on both these maps.
I dont mind reading the green text, so not bothered if ppl dont have voip. But I agree when i ask 'where to?' to new co-tanker i would like something back.

If a vehicle only channel is created i might buy a standard style mic for voip tank comms, but untill then there seems to be so many on orel bumping their gums already, i dont want to add to the verbal soup.

Upvote 0
HA HA...please continue to charge me with a bayonet...i enjoy putting bullets into your knoggin...lol:rolleyes:

Give me one reason why NOT to accept a melee fight.

1.) Melee is fun

2.) It's honourable; even if you lose the melee fight, at least you tried! And at least you lost to someone with skill and honour! Therefore, a virtual *bow* can be given to the victor. ;)

3.) It's fair; bayonet vs. bayonet... who will win?

4.) There's a reason why "melee" sounds like "manly": it's the opposite of cowardice (ie choosing the easy way out), and winning a melee fight is very satisfactory (opposed to just shooting the guy).

5.) It's difficult, and therefore challenging

Same thing goes for killing someone who is clearly typing a message in chat or doesn't have any weapons; it's just a sign of weakness.

So next time you see someone charging towards you, don't be a coward and accept the fight!:)

Upvote 0
It's a matter of honor. Only honorable men accept a melee fight. Cowards turn and shoot. Cowards watch their buddy melee fight an enemy and then shoot him. And don't think that because you can shoot us when we charge you that you've 'pwned' us. Veteran players are the only ones doing the bayonet charges. Veteran players would have seen your sorry ass from a mile away and could have out a bullet through your skull long before you even saw us. A bayonet charge means we saw you from a long distance and decided to close out in the open. If you really want to go rifle vs. rifle, you'd have been dead before you even knew there was a threat.

CHACING! haha i love it when those guys scream that they owned you on a map like grey ghosts, then you stop using the bayo an start pikin people off at which point they realise their error. vets like myself and others (im refering to people whove been here from either the first month after release or since the mod) know there is more CHALLENGE in a bayonet fight, it takes more skill, and is more fun then just pulling a trigger. noobs on the other hand need to pat their scores, which is where the lack of bayoin comes from AND the never ending "im joining the german team because they ahve better gunz and because i dont want to loose" attitude when the teams are already imballanced.

EDIT: oh yeah and i second the first poster there, BUY A FKIN MIKE IT MAKES THE GAME BETTER!

Upvote 0
It's a matter of honor. Only honorable men accept a melee fight.
Or those who only imagine they are honorable, or want to look honorable. Or want to indulge in the goofiness of an RO melee fight.

Cowards turn and shoot. Cowards watch their buddy melee fight an enemy and then shoot him.
Cowardice is not a factor of a computer game. It takes no courage to choose between the left and the right mouse button. Choosing the left does not mean you are a coward anymore than having a little fun with the bayonette or the stock means you are brave.

And don't think that because you can shoot us when we charge you that you've 'pwned' us. Veteran players are the only ones doing the bayonet charges.
Or maybe there are players of all stripes doing this on occasion, not just veterans.

Veteran players would have seen your sorry ass from a mile away and could have out a bullet through your skull long before you even saw us. A bayonet charge means we saw you from a long distance and decided to close out in the open. If you really want to go rifle vs. rifle, you'd have been dead before you even knew there was a threat.
This is not a deathmatch type game, it is not about one on one. This kind of "I challenge you to a duel" stuff does not help your team, especially when you are dead from that "coward"'s bullet who is now busy tipping the scales of the cap zone you are no longer contributing to because you expected him to be "honorable". Please don't expect people to indulge you in this kind of goofy crap when they are trying to play the game the way it was designed to be played. If you want to play goofy, join a server with other bored "veterans" who want to pass the time dueling or role-playing or whatever.

Upvote 0
Sooooo... taken to it's 'logical' conclusion, according to the Laws of Honor if a guy fixes a bayonet and charges my tank I'm supposed to dismount and fight him on foot? I think not. I'm just going to draw down on him with either coax or hull MG and cancel his ticket right then and there- and I'll be willing to bet most others will tell you the same.

There is nothing 'honorable' or 'dishonorable' about accepting or declining a hand-to-hand fight. Either one does or one doesn't, plain and simple. For example, let's take one of those WW2 Japanese 'Banzai' charges where everybody goes over the top with bayonets fixed and swords drawn. Now let's look at the other side, the Army or Marine grunts standing by for this wave to hit them- do you think for one minute they hesitated to pull the trigger and mow the Japanese down with MG, rifle, and grenade- especially for fear of being called 'dishonorable'? I think not.

If you want to 'prove something' by going hand-to-hand by all means do so, but do it in a private little arena by yourselves. 'Proving yourself' is wasteful of manpower- and firepower- and ultimately is detrimental to the team effort. While you're off a-Waltzing Matilda with Ivan you could have shot him and been done with it and on to the next hot spot/cap zone/area of interest on the battlefield.

If, on the other hand, Ivan jumps in your foxhole or occupies your building you use whatever means are at hand for neutralizing him or eliminating him completely- if you can do it quickly hand-to-hand, go for it but realize that a quick burst from an MP-40 or a single decent rifle shot will do the trick as well.

In short, you use whatever method is appropriate for the action and situation- don't just go to hand-to-hand just for 'honor'. Gun him down and git 'r done.

Upvote 0