• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I want specimens with guns.

That is an awesome Idea, a spec medic. It would kinda slow so he could be ran down and caught. keeps is distance, but revives the bodies that players leave behind.
And really, a spec that pick up weapons and use them would do a number on the campers. being up in the 3rd floor in foundry and then a (what ever the new spec is call, maybe gunslinger, lol) comes around the corner with a gernade launcher, or a shotgun, suddenly he is scarrier than a FP for campers cause he doesn't have to mindless run at the bullets, he can stand and shoot back.

My immediate knee jerk reaction is this seems rather intelligent for a ZED... I mean as far as I can tell the Siren and the Stalker are the 2 most intelligent specimens and they aren't exactly rocket scientists.

This seems more like a boss specimen rather than a clone with brain damage...

Upvote 0
That is an awesome Idea, a spec medic. It would kinda slow so he could be ran down and caught. keeps is distance, but revives the bodies that players leave behind.
And really, a spec that pick up weapons and use them would do a number on the campers. being up in the 3rd floor in foundry and then a (what ever the new spec is call, maybe gunslinger, lol) comes around the corner with a gernade launcher, or a shotgun, suddenly he is scarrier than a FP for campers cause he doesn't have to mindless run at the bullets, he can stand and shoot back.

.... Fail

The zeds are not suppose to ran away, you are suppose to. And are you pretending you don't camp on suicidal man?!!? And since he would use ballistic weapons, he wouldnt miss like the Husk. That would mean instant damage every time.

ps: Have you played on FF server ?

EDIT: Oh and dead corpses disappear

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A husk has shooting/aim ablity, so and most of the guns all you do is point and pull the trigger, so as long as it isn't trying to use good tactics (taking cover around the corners, working the splash, ect..) it should be too bad. Kinda like a husk with a choice of weapons. Once it picked up a weapon it wouldn't change out to a better weapon, (but would drop an empty).I think it should be as rare as a flesh pound, and the weapons damage should be decreased, cause if he gets his hands on a Xbow, he could kill the whole team in a couple of shots.

edit

Yes I camp, and I don't even play on sucide. But reading these forum, i see so many people complain about
1) too easy
2) too much camping (since they fixed the kiting people we complaining about)

and another shooting spec would fix both.

Yes I played on FF servers, and yes I have killed teammates with my 9mm on accident. So the weapons would need balance (less damage), if the spec had a 80% hit rate and did -20% dmg it may be workable.

As for the medic, i think it sounds cool, but it is really different. Bodies do disappear after sometime, so the medic zed would have to be close when the spec dropped. it is a reach, i like it, but cannot really do too much to say its a good idea, but the shooting one is a good idea, with a bit of balance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes I played on FF servers, and yes I have killed teammates with my 9mm on accident. So the weapons would need balance (less damage), if the spec had a 80% hit rate and did -20% dmg it may be workable.

As for the medic, i think it sounds cool, but it is really different. Bodies do disappear after sometime, so the medic zed would have to be close when the spec dropped. it is a reach, i like it, but cannot really do too much to say its a good idea, but the shooting one is a good idea, with a bit of balance.

The weapons don't have to make less damage except the m14. Thats why this idea dont work at all. And try to shoot a zed right after he died... you'll get nothing. The zeds are useless after .5 sec or so. After that you wont be able to decap them or making them bleed.

Upvote 0
Can't say I like the idea of a specimen medic, it just doesn't seem like something a specimen would do. On the other hand, it would make firebug more important, as the DoT burn would destroy all the bodies that would otherwise be resurrected.

Would be interesting though if a scrake or FP occasionally spawned when the patriarch runs, and he could fix them up with some of his green wonder drug if you don't keep him from the corpse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
time for some randomness have any of you heard of the specimen vs mod? its not bad needs work though
http://www.moddb.com/mods/specimenation-versus

anyways i think a specimen that could turn players corpses into more specimens would be pretty neat and the player that got turned into the specimen would have control of that specimen of course the player that was mutated wouldent be able to use any human perks they would have there own mutant perks btw scrakes are super easy to kill when your bezerker all you have to do is chain saw him and he cant attack you while hes being chain sawed ahhh bitter irony you can kill a husk easly by cutting his bazooka arm off and you can kill a scrake easly by cutting off his chain saw arm and you can kill a flesh pound by cutting 1 of his arms off or if your good enough with a crossbow you can head shot any specimen and kill him instantly that way

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't. Imagine every time you've conquered a large horde of zombies with low HP. Okay, now pretend these instances never occurred because there was a gun-toting zed that sniped your ankle from across the map. No ty.

And this is different from every time you've conquered a large horde of zombies with low HP that never occurred because there was a fireball-toting husk that sniped your ankle from across the map?

Or different from every time you've conquered a large horde of zombies with low HP that never occurred because there was a screaming siren that popped your eardrums from around a corner?

Or different from every time you've conquered a large horde of zombies with low HP that never occurred because there was a bile sweping bloat that puked on your head as he dropped down on top of you?

Ranged attacks make the game fun. Yeah, you die more, but the added challenged is what makes the game fun, right?

After all, if a team could simply barricade themselves in a room with one entrance and spam M14s, pipe bombs, and grenades with no chance of dying, that wouldn't be fun, would it?

Oh wait, that is how 80% of the people play the game now.

Nevermind.

Upvote 0
And this is different from every time you've conquered a large horde of zombies with low HP that never occurred because there was a fireball-toting husk that sniped your ankle from across the map?
You can dodge husk's fireballs, not ballistic. And ballistics hurt more too.

Or different from every time you've conquered a large horde of zombies with low HP that never occurred because there was a screaming siren that popped your eardrums from around a corner?
She only scream when she is close enough. So your example have nothing to do with what Skint was saying: sniping.

Or different from every time you've conquered a large horde of zombies with low HP that never occurred because there was a bile sweping bloat that puked on your head as he dropped down on top of you?
See above.

After all, if a team could simply barricade themselves in a room with one entrance and spam M14s, pipe bombs, and grenades with no chance of dying, that wouldn't be fun, would it?

Oh wait, that is how 80% of the people play the game now.

Nevermind.
Where do you get those statistics from huh?

Upvote 0
You can dodge husk's fireballs, not ballistic. And ballistics hurt more too.

Fireballs have splash and DoT damage. And sometimes people can dodge fireballs. And how do you know how much damage ballistics will have?

She only scream when she is close enough. So your example have nothing to do with what Skint was saying: sniping.

Maybe that is why I said " from around a corner?"

See above.

Maybe that is why I said "as he dropped down on top of you?"

And then said "Ranged attacks make the game fun. Yeah, you die more, but the added challenged is what makes the game fun, right?"

I want more ranged attacks so players will take more damage and have to pay attention to more than just the 5 feet around them.

Where do you get those statistics from huh?

I play the game. I watch the vast majority of players barricade all of the time. Every map. "Everyone run to this spot and weld this door and keep it welded" I watch people spam pipe bombs and buy the m14. I watch people use a half dozen shots from an aa12 to kill 4 clots.

That 80% estimate may even be a little low.

Upvote 0
Fireballs have splash and DoT damage. And sometimes people can dodge fireballs. And how do you know how much damage ballistics will have?
You mean that fireballs can ALWAYS be dodge. Go try a 100% FF server and you'll see why i know.

Maybe that is why I said " from around a corner?"
Still that have nothing to do with what Skint said..... sniping. You are talking about close range.

Maybe that is why I said "as he dropped down on top of you?"
Why would he dropped down on top of you. Again, see above.

And then said "Ranged attacks make the game fun. Yeah, you die more, but the added challenged is what makes the game fun, right?"

I want more ranged attacks so players will take more damage and have to pay attention to more than just the 5 feet around them.
That's your opinion, but a zed that take weapons on the ground will kill you almost instantly. So this idea is a big failure to me.

I play the game. I watch the vast majority of players barricade all of the time. Every map. "Everyone run to this spot and weld this door and keep it welded" I watch people spam pipe bombs and buy the m14. I watch people use a half dozen shots from an aa12 to kill 4 clots.

That 80% estimate may even be a little low.

Start playing with good players on Suicidal FF server instead of the Doom24/7 server.

Upvote 0
You mean that fireballs can ALWAYS be dodge. Go try a 100% FF server and you'll see why i know.

So you are saying that no one will ever be shot by a fireball unless they want to? Really? That is your argument?

Still that have nothing to do with what Skint said..... sniping. You are talking about close range.

Why would he dropped down on top of you. Again, see above.

It is still a ranged attack.

That's your opinion, but a zed that take weapons on the ground will kill you almost instantly. So this idea is a big failure to me.

You know you could have just said that. Nothing wrong with simply commenting on the subject at hand.

Start playing with good players on Suicidal FF server instead of the Doom24/7 server.

But you can't do that. You have to go with the "I'm better than you and you suck" card.

Upvote 0
actually mutants with guns wouldent be a bad idea for a beginner mode mutator mut
facepalm1.jpg

Upvote 0