• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I wanna do that with my MG42 in RO!

Recoil with PPSh wasn't any problem becouse it uses muzzle compensator to prevent muzzle climb, even modern assault rifles such as AK-47 has more muzzle climb than with PPSh-41 as you can see from videos below.

I recently shot the crap outta the civilian version of an M4. It's just a telestock, short barrel AR15.. semi-auto only, but....

I did a bit of rapid-fire at about 100 yards. Muzzle climb? None. And I didn't even have the stock into my shoulder, I was going "CQB hold" on it. It'd jump slightly off-target (though, at about 50 yards, it would have still been on-torso), just a bit to the right, maybe up a tiny touch. Recoil was next to non-existent.

The PPSh shouldn't climb, it should "shake." That's what I experience with just about every real long gun that I rapid fire. It moves more side-to-side off target than up or down. Fairly random side-side, maybe some up mixed in there, but you get the point.

Me having fun, note the stock high on the shoulder, not the best for recoil managment. Ammo was surplus 5.56, IIRC. The cheap stuff, at any rate.

Rifle belongs to {YBBS}InnocentBystander. Black Rifle Disease makes you grin uncontrollably:

Upvote 0