• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I wanna do that with my MG42 in RO!

That was my opinion

Whose opinion is more credible? Yours or the majority of world's armies?

D3terioNation said:
and your decided to post your immature flame-bait response!! It appears that you're quite good at that :rolleyes:

I don't see anything immature of flame-bait about "What a happy man".

As for my personal experience: RK-62 (7.62mm) recoils very little in full auto (certainly a _lot_ less than the PPSH in RO), hip shooting or not. Hip shooting makes it quite impossible to aim though, since you can't look through the sights, and one magazine gets expended too quickly to "walk" the fire onto the target. Tracers at night are quite useful for aiming though (at night you can't see anything through the sights without NV gear).

The way we were taught to overrun trenches is to stick your assault rifle around a corner and empty a salvo of full-auto fire without aiming. That was the most fun exercise I took part in while in the army.

Upvote 0
Whose opinion is more credible? Yours or the majority of world's armies?

I don't see anything immature of flame-bait about "What a happy man".

As for my personal experience: RK-62 (7.62mm) recoils very little in full auto (certainly a _lot_ less than the PPSH in RO), hip shooting or not. Hip shooting makes it quite impossible to aim though, since you can't look through the sights, and one magazine gets expended too quickly to "walk" the fire onto the target. Tracers at night are quite useful for aiming though (at night you can't see anything through the sights without NV gear).

The way we were taught to overrun trenches is to stick your assault rifle around a corner and empty a salvo of full-auto fire without aiming. That was the most fun exercise I took part in while in the army.

Not an attack on you dude, but I have a right to an opinion & ska wars is this sad troll who likes being sarcy (sarcastic) in his posts. Thats why I took it as flame-bait. Its quite sad that he is like that.

Upvote 0
Did I offend you in a past life or you just like starting fights and turning good natured humour into a pathetic row? Just curious to see if there is another reason behind this or if you actually believe the crap you type.

Btw, you do know name calling and throwing random insults in your posts is counted as trolling too right?

Upvote 0
1st. barrel is at the top of the backpack of the right guys, below the sleeping bag, you can see it sticking out left and right, in its case. ammo? it was the end of training.. i never brough ammo home, too much paperwork.

2nd. thats a ABC bunker, we stayed there for aprox 36 hours, somewhen during training the power supply "failed" and the had to pump fresh air manualy into it. the whole thing is not bigger than 35 square meters, and supposed to give around 30 ppl a shelter. the beds are 5 in height, and overall capacy was 20 ppl, wich leaves the others a little space, if theyre filled. not easy, i didnt sleep at all during that time beeing aware that a single person panicing could affect the whole platoon in this smal conditions.

as they bumped from outside, we where supposed to open the pressure hatches to let the air out so being able to open the doors. from then on we had to march about 50km followed by a 5 days camping somewhere, living a war situation. it was the last test before the basic training had ended. a challenge for leaders and recruits.

Upvote 0
8356logistic.JPG

that was my favorite platoon, i helped them from beeing smart ass clever civilians to beeing civilians with a military schooled background, 90% of them where sgt candiates from my opinion. thats a bad combination, mil leaders may know that. but it was still the best platoon i ever grinded on.

Upvote 0
hehe, the cleverness has been combined with knowlenge. as first they laser sharp hit rambo like anything, but the ideas had poins. later as they turned to war machines they learned to combine the cleverness with military principals.
there is nothing more to say as: theyre now mil schooled civilians.

edit: the madness has now method, in short. and in words i lend from,.. yeah.. where did i lend them from?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My favourite subject again, weapon recoil :)

Good training video, shows that you need train soldiers to be prepared for anything. RO's machine guns are already shootable from hip.

Recoil with PPSh wasn't any problem becouse it uses muzzle compensator to prevent muzzle climb, even modern assault rifles such as AK-47 has more muzzle climb than with PPSh-41 as you can see from videos below.

Here are videos with PPSh-41 and AK-47 with larger 75 round drum clip:

http://www.ppsh41.com/ppshmgp.MPG

http://www.ppsh41.com/keith-ak47.mpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
all modern assault rifles direct the recoil straight backwards, that and the fire rate makes them diffrent and more controable from hunting rifles. thats why they are called assault rifles?

if someone comes up with MPs for AS, please note that only medics or tank crews use MPs these days.
There is noteable the HK UMP, wich is for my meaning as far you can get with a MP today.

Upvote 0