• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I wanna do that with my MG42 in RO!

rambo_narrowweb__300x420,0.jpg

Upvote 0
what theyre practicing is a point shot/fire (may its called otherwise in eng.).

its goal is to force the enemy to cover to gain the time for the own squad to find cover. its only used if own forces are ambushed on the move.
and it is the most fun practice i guess, cause your objective is to send as many bullets in the about direction of the enemy you can.

Upvote 0
What a pointless exercise :rolleyes:

What a happy man ;)

@ Ruprecht. They teach the same sorta thing in the British army, but my mate always refered to it as 'snap fire' or something. Fire off a quick volley to make the enemy scattered and then step to the side and fall to the ground. Although being the British army you'd of course have to pause twice during this to clear any jams or stoppages :p

Upvote 0
@Reddog:

8mm doesn't kick a whole lot harder than .308. Also, those MG3s are lighter, meaning a slightly less powerful round and slightly lower ROF could equate to the same felt recoil.

spray and pray :D

What do you think an MG is for? A friend of mine says in the Army, the way they broke in new MG barrels was to go and slightly overheat them, so the bullets wouldn't land in a small pattern, but over a wider area.

Point shooting is an EXTREMELY useful skill to know.

Upvote 0