I wanna do that with my MG42 in RO!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

{YBBS}Sage

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 15, 2006
Just one more thing, for those of you who wonder "why even do this in training?" The more you know about the weapon you carry, the better... even if you're using it in ways that it wasn't designed for.

Ska Wars

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
England
Listen saddo, the british dont use the mg3, and the armies that do never see any action. So this kind of close quarter usage of the mg3 is pathetically pointless!! Kaapeeeesh?

Cheers for hammering my point home.

And I'm fully aware of what the British army do and don't use, but the fact of the matter is that this technique has been around for ****ing decades and is still in use with the British army, and infact has been since the bren gun. So the only thing that's 'pathetically pointless' here my friend is your continued posting.

No one forced you to post in this thread mate, so feel free to stop at any point. Leave the De Niro impressions at home next time btw, they make you sound more a twat than the rest of your posts already do. Cheers.

Coey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
At dawn no less, makes it that slightly more manly . . . . .but not by much
Remember to to aim them handbags, you only get one.

Unlike the hundreds of rounds in a MG.

Also, isn't the GPMG based on the design on the MG42?

ziiiiiiiing

Ska Wars

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
England
I'll remember to go prone before firing ;)

No idea mate, although wouldn't suprise me, most European arms companies seemed to just rip off the entire German arsenal after WW2 :p

Reddog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Australia
No the GPMG in service with both the Brits, us Aussies and the Americans (designated M240) is basically a derivative of the FN MAG58, which itself uses the action from the none other than the BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle) of WW2 fame.

It is without a doubt one of the worlds very best LMG's.

KrazyKraut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Beer capital of the world
Listen saddo, the british dont use the mg3, and the armies that do never see any action. So this kind of close quarter usage of the mg3 is pathetically pointless!! Kaapeeeesh?

So, in reality India & Pakistan never had any conflicts over nothing? Or the ex-Yugoslavian states? And Africa is a peaceful continent afterall? Turks and Kurds are at peace too?

Wow I never knew! Thanks for your lesson in history!

Coey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006

Ska Wars

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
England
Look freak, show me 1 instance where this technique was succesfully used in a modern day skermish? Ie a confirmed kill with the mg3.

They use this technique is most armies, the fact it's an MG3 is irrelevant. If you're saying you can't see the point of training someone for CQB which whatever weapon they're carrying, then I'm just glad we don't get people like you in our armed forces.

If you need examples of the MG3 in use, feel free to look up ANY of the conflicts KrazyKraut mentioned.

I'd continue arguing, but trying to talk sense into an aggressive, angsty teen isn't worth my time. Have fun hurling insults while the rest of us carry on.

D3terioNation

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
Dude you started it with your sarcy reply!

I still think its pointless to train mg3 machine gunners to use their weapon in a fashion they were not designed for. That was my opinion and your decided to post your immature flame-bait response!! It appears that you're quite good at that :rolleyes:

Ska Wars

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
England
Dude you started it with your sarcy reply!

Close but no cigar. What I posted was a friendly joke response scarlet, gg spotting it but you made up for your error with the prize winning hissy.

The wink should of been your first clue btw (for future reference, as it appears you are still uneducated at the online humour thing).

BuddyLee

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 12, 2006
NCC 1701-D Neutral Zone
I would hip fire a mg if the situation called for it. I think a soldier should get to know the capabilities of his weapon, don't you? :confused:

Or do you think he should scroll down and use his pistol in this situation?:confused::confused::p