I wanna do that with my MG42 in RO!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Coey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006

Ruprecht

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2006
Ulm
what theyre practicing is a point shot/fire (may its called otherwise in eng.).

its goal is to force the enemy to cover to gain the time for the own squad to find cover. its only used if own forces are ambushed on the move.
and it is the most fun practice i guess, cause your objective is to send as many bullets in the about direction of the enemy you can.

Ruprecht

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2006
Ulm
hm, my battailon commander found it usefull that his weapon crews know how to handle their weapon in any kind of situation explained in the instruction manuals.

edit: and the crews found it usefull that theyre allowed to have some fun aside the drill.

Cuddles

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2006
Area 51
I dont think you can move while shooting a MG like that. Its hard enough to aim.

spray and pray :D

Ska Wars

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
England
What a pointless exercise :rolleyes:

What a happy man ;)

@ Ruprecht. They teach the same sorta thing in the British army, but my mate always refered to it as 'snap fire' or something. Fire off a quick volley to make the enemy scattered and then step to the side and fall to the ground. Although being the British army you'd of course have to pause twice during this to clear any jams or stoppages :p

Tak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 10, 2006
East Coast, USA
If anything it shoes that RO is pretty close to how it should feel There was enough wobble in all those shots except the tripod that it wouldn't be hard to see the bullet being off the mark by a bit.

Reddog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Australia
Before you compare this to RO's MG42 rememebr it the video shows MG3's firing 7.62 NAT which doesn't recoila s hard as 8mm and at a lower rate of fire than the original MG42.

{YBBS}Sage

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 15, 2006
@Reddog:

8mm doesn't kick a whole lot harder than .308. Also, those MG3s are lighter, meaning a slightly less powerful round and slightly lower ROF could equate to the same felt recoil.

spray and pray :D

What do you think an MG is for? A friend of mine says in the Army, the way they broke in new MG barrels was to go and slightly overheat them, so the bullets wouldn't land in a small pattern, but over a wider area.

Point shooting is an EXTREMELY useful skill to know.

[5.SS]Strother

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 19, 2006
West "By God" Virginia
Thats an awesome video, fun to watch.

Slightly off topic but when my dad was in the army he was practicing with the M60 and the instructor told everyone that it was impossible to fire off one shot at a time with it. Then the instructor heard a Pop---Pop----Pop...let's just say my dad got a stiff verbal thrashing and leave it at that.