• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I love the singelplayer campaign

El_Swine

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
Norway
I'm amazed how well the AI works and how fun it was..
Yes they do get stuck somtimes etc but the overall experience is one of the best I've ever played on this scale.

Those AI bastards was doing fantastic team work staying behind cover and pinning me down :eek:

Tanking was awesome :IS2:
For once I might not turn down AI in the server filter.

Fantastic work Tripwire :)

I find the SP pretty enjoyable... The AI is far better then RO1 but still far from the AI of major studio games (FarCry) for example.

They could be skinned as zombies as they REALLY love to get up close and personal...

I get bashed by those crazy bastards all the time.

I really liked the apartment defend mission...

I went down to the cellar and they just kept rushing in stupidly "doom" style.

It was nice to see the bodies pile up one on top of the other... I made a mountain... shame I didn't take a screeny.

Reactions: Tr00per Buzzdee
Upvote 0
I enjoyed SP more as it wasn't that freaking semi-auto run and gun fest that MP is infested with (or was infested) - MKb.

Anyway, wait till you will get to Fallen Heroes (talking about HERO difficulty)... That's...the....most...annoying and cheated thing I have ever seen !

You are instantly killed at distance over 300 meters (!!!) whenever you pop out of the building.
I lost around 200-300 soldiers while I killed maybe 100 of them... 50 minutes of gameplay, proning from soviet spawn to german's last objective... jesus christ. IT WAS HELL !

Anyway, SP still is more enjoyable than MP sometimes. (As I said, freaking MKb-fest!).

Upvote 0
Never been one to choose playing bots over online matches versus thinking opponents.

Usually I am the same but I went to three servers. The first had two children fighting about an accidental TK, the second had someone moaning that the game was crap and kept crashing and the third had people whining constantly that Tripwire had sold out.

Criticism of the game belongs on the forums not in-game when you are trying to communicate and play.

Only goes to show bots can be more intelligent sometimes!!

Upvote 0
Usually I am the same but I went to three servers. The first had two children fighting about an accidental TK, the second had someone moaning that the game was crap and kept crashing and the third had people whining constantly that Tripwire had sold out.

Criticism of the game belongs on the forums not in-game when you are trying to communicate and play.

Only goes to show bots can be more intelligent sometimes!!

+1

I've had some good games online but several have been spoilt by idiots bigging it up in chat along with, insults, swearing etc. Today I've had the pleasure of a deliberate TK'er that shot me in the back several times. I hunted down and killed him repeatedly until he left the server much to the detriment of my score!

I find sanctuary from this sort of thing in the single player but haven't let it put me off of playing online. It's a shame that I find some members of the community more of a pain than the state of the game at the moment. :( I guess that will always be the case though.

Upvote 0
I really enjoy SP with bots for a casual game after work, when I don't want to have the full thrill. Additionally as a Commander/SL training and to find out the little things that are part of the game. I don't play it in SP Campaign, because for example from the Campaign menu you could never play Spartanovka as a German SL or commander. And when you die you have to takeover some bot. Therefore I set up a LAN server on the same machine, which I use to play RO. Works fine and the server webadmin works also fine to control the maps, bots and other game stuff.

Upvote 0
I have to agree with this thread on the single player mission. Really enjoying them. Good practice for online - all the *** hats!

The good thing about most of the people who are causing the problems online. They mostly have the attention span of a humming bird and will pretty quickly move along once the next new shiney thing comes out.

Upvote 0
I think the AI is on par with most big studio games like Far Cry and many more.
I did get bashed in the head quite a few times but when you charge like a lunatic, that's what you get :)

I've played RO for years so I found it easy to adapt, finished German campagin on standard and Ruski on Hard.
And yes Fallenheros was tough as hell.
Think I lost 100 men more than the axis did, that's a real figure too :)

Its great practise if you are new to RO 1-2 If you can hold up with teh AI on hard, you'll do good in MP.

I didn't expect much of the SP but I'm truly supprised how well it is.
And I did't not find the AI too accurate on Standard or Hard, humans are worse, as usual ;-)

:IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did anybody of you ever play Day of Defeat with the Sturmbot from Johan Linde? The bot was able to learn. He began to sprint in areas, where he was often killed, fired into corners from where he was often shot at, so camping against him was no option for long, etc. The best bot experience I ever had. Unfortunately Johan died in the Tsunami and took the botcode with him into the void. A nice bot is the Omnibot for Enemy Territory and Wolfenstein 3D. Highly programmable to be more human. Was also always interesting to fight with them alone or coop.

Upvote 0