• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I have a crush on Mrs. Claws

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're seriously telling me you have seen this happen with every form of entertainment.

It happens with a lot of fanbases. Gamers, starwars/gate/trek fans, Warhammer fans, D&D fans, Twilight fans, Harry potter fans, History buffs, weeaboos, furries... All people fall into some kind of fandom and it's all down to them as to how far they extend their obsession and how involved they are. All different people in fandoms involve themselves in various ways and only the minority are so "loud," this dense 250lb anime fan being an example of a "loud" fan.

Everybody else tends to just enjoy the content at hand.

For example:

I spent some time playing the Warhammer tabletop game, I watched the Star Wars saga several times, I have a lil' stash of anime I enjoyed saved to my hard drive and I look at some furry art that I deem "cool" every now and then and I still behave like a normal person would.

On rare occasion I see people expressing the Jedi religion, fat guys overly obsessed with their Warhammer victories who constantly talk about them, Weeaboos swinging their plastic swords, manga books and dodgy hairdos and I see the occasional horrific abomination in the "latest submissions" section on the Furaffinity front page.

I'm involved in all of those fandoms, yet I am not at all like any of these people.

I watched Star Wars and played the videogames with friends and family and did it often, I used to kill a couple of hours in games of tabletop strategy and accidentally getting high on glue/paint fumes in Games Workshop on a weekly basis, I watched a fat bunch of anime and enjoyed some of them and occasionally play Monster Hunter and Pok

Upvote 0
I have watched anime, even "good" anime like Hellsing. I just don't like it. It's really kind of cheesy and the art style is just ridiculous to me.

And for god's sakes no anime is not like any other form of entertainment. For some reason people tend to become totally obsessed with it, talk about it incessantly and treat it like it's a lifestyle. Anime has some weird, elusive power that cannot be described but is irresistible to manchildren and teenage girls.

Spoiler!

I would pay for this anime episode.

Also, i have all 13 episodes of the TV series in 26 pieces, courtesy of YouTube; since i'm pretty sure that's the only way i'll get it.

Upvote 0
This did start off as Mrs Claus right...

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only who relised that the Christmas Stalker was quite distracting. Way to... umm... undecomposed?... to be a specimen. I like the new model but it can be distacting sometimes, especially when she lands just right... Not to be creepy or anything. ;)

That is definitely a bit creepy.

Reactions: drunkentiger
Upvote 0

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only who relised that the Christmas Stalker was quite distracting. Way to... umm... undecomposed?... to be a specimen. I like the new model but it can be distacting sometimes, especially when she lands just right... Not to be creepy or anything. ;)

I wouldn't know. When I'm around stalkers, they're either invisible or in several pieces.

Yay, shotguns.

And that is a bit creepy.

Upvote 0

Why should she be decomposed? She's not a zombie. ;)

Upvote 0
It's attributed to how ugly they are.

And on topic, all anime IS terrible. Ridiculous art style that makes me want to die.

If you dislike the style then thats fine, but no need to be a drama queen

it makes me want to die *dramatic sigh*

...sounds like something from Coronation Street ;) :p

Anyways, I just wish people would stop being so dramatic about what they do or don't like. In the end its entertainment and personal preference, so it doesn't matter. I mean, I personally don't share SMIFFs taste in soap operas, nor do I like abstract art or cubism in particular. But there is no need to make any deal about it. Just "I personally dislike this".

Not really aimed towards you personally that much, I'm just trying to make a point and end this damnable conversation ;)

Reactions: Starsky
Upvote 0
Subjective is subjective. What are you gunna do? Of course anime is ridiculous in many ways, but it's not the art that does that (unless the art is specifically drawn to be absurd, like One Piece). It's the presentation and mannerisms that go along with it, and just about every form of entertainment is guilty of such stylistic choices.

Saying anime is ridiculous would be no different from me saying that I hate CSI because just about everything about it and how it portrays CSI departments and forensic science is completely unrealistic and frankly laughable. The same thing pretty much applies to most "cop shows" but in a less blatant sense.

It would be the same as saying all opera is absurd and nonsensical, which it IS, yet opera is considered an historic and significant artistic genre, which it also IS. I don't like musicals for the same reasons I don't watch opera. Don't you think a lot of your average people today think Romeo and Juliet, provided they've ever actually watched it, think it's just a bit wonky?

And of course everyone loves (the original three) Star Wars! Did you know George Lucas has actually admitted to calling himself the Patron Diety of Wooden Dialog?

Just about all of that can also be said about Killing Floor, since you know, this is the KF forum and thats what we're supposed to be talking about here. Most video games are just as bizarre as a lot of the wierdest anime I've seen.

It's all subjective. It's all up to enterpretation. You don't have to like anime and I honestly couldn't care less whether you did or not. What I'm asking is for you to acknowledge that just about every complaint you have about anime can also be applied very easily to everything you like to watch. there's a reason to call any form of entertainment ridiculous, because all entertainment is nonsensical. If it wasn't it wouldn't be entertainment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well this topic has gone very much astray.

And despite the alerting Moderators of, nothing's done so.

Let's keep goin' nuts, huh?

Besides going wildly off-topic, it's been mostly good-natured debate and just people having fun. Nothing ban-worthy.

Now if you say "Anime Sucks" or "Anime Rocks" on the Steam forums, a veritable **** storm will erupt and the topic will have to be locked.

Reactions: drunkentiger
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.