• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I hate this!

origination

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
I absolutely hate this game!

Why?

I wish I had never found out about it! Now I am too damn pumped up to play it and I can't. Nothing else really seems appealing to me anymore, this game looks absolutely amazing.

Anyways I guess will be playing some DarkestHour until RO2 is released, that is if I even have the money to buy it on release day.

Atleast you can still play RO1, I got into Red Orchestra because I was playing at at my uncles house and now I can't stop thinking about it, I don't have a gaming PC to play it on!

I'm not going to overhype RO2, but I still want to give ideas and suggestions, and its still alot different than the overdone MW shooters out today, Hells Highway was a disapointment because they were going more for an overly dramatic storyline than technical realism.

Upvote 0
We are too poor.

We are too poor.

Red Orchestra and especially upgraded sequel will be too expensive in Poland. :( $50 = almost nothing for americans who mainly earns a lot. In Poland it will cost 100zl (PLN) or even more. (an example: "Battlefield: Bad Company 2" 130 zl so it is 45.3 USD!!!, 33 euro) It is too much for most of us. There are many popular collections of games in Poland. For example Extra Classics. Games for 7$. But we doesn't earn in dollars or euro ( hopefull not the second - with it our state would go bankrupt).
Salaries in Poland are low, even without conversion to other currencies. We mainly earning less than in Western Europe only by looking at the numbers. Same numbers ( only numbers. What do i mean? 1000 PLN in Poland and 1000

Upvote 0
Well I am quite retarded and I only make Minimum wadge in America, So I am probably right down there with you Polish people there in terms of price.

Anyways I don't think I can get myself too hyped on this one, this does not look like it could crush my expectations at all. It looks perfect from what I see I cannot be dissapointed.

Upvote 0
Dont pump yourself up in your expectations, just chill and let the game come to you when the time is right.

That way the game will not disappoint you because your expectations were too high.

I think the same as the topicstarter, and to be honest.. every video footage i've seen till now blew my expectations far away.
This game is going to p00n. If it's better than RO, it will be my new favorite game. (what probably is going to end up as my fav)
It's been since the release of San Andreas for the PS2 I was so exited about a new game. :p But all the time & work they put in this game.. I don't think it could go wrong. (Or it needs to be bugged and laggy like SHIAT like All Points Bulletin does) :eek: But the Tripwire staff is experienced (look at RO & Killing Floor) so I guess i'm good. ^.^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Well, I fully understand what are you saying. Average wage in Poland is about 700 euro, where average monthly salary in EU is about 2000-2500 euro. That's huge difference...

The good thing is the fact, that TWI is familiar with this situation and release their products in BOX versions here in fair prices. RO:O cost 10-20PLN (not 10-20 euro), Killing Floor 30-40 PLN (not 15 euro).

For RO:HoS, (AAA game I believe), optimal price might be around 89-139 PLN, which is fair and way lower price than Steams AAA games release which might cost 39-59 euro.

However after all those wasted money for BC2 and MW2 games I don't mind overpay for PC exclusive games like RO:HoS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the same as the topicstarter, and to be honest.. every video footage i've seen till now blew my expectations far away.
This game is going to p00n. If it's better than RO, it will be my new favorite game. (what probably is going to end up as my fav)
It's been since the release of San Andreas for the PS2 I was so exited about a new game. :p But all the time & work they put in this game.. I don't think it could go wrong. (Or it needs to be bugged and laggy like SHIAT like All Points Bulletin does) :eek: But the Tripwire staff is experienced (look at RO & Killing Floor) so I guess i'm good. ^.^
Meh. Look at the fans of other games, they always pump theirselves up on sequel-trailers. The actual product will always feel different as expected.

I do think, like you, that TWI will deliver a good, balanced and nearly bugfree product.

Upvote 0
Expectations....

I'm a little concerned with 64 players max but hopefully...dedicated servers will allow for more than that....128 atleast.

-

Because call of duty 1-2 were that way. Those were the fun fights. People tried to make that game realistic. This Red Orchestra game is....that...

What we expect...really isn't much. Its just that the whole mainstream thing has veered off in a completely opposite direction and gives us NO choice in what to play...

Your choices being

Call of Duty Mw2
Bad company 2
Medal of Honor 2010
MAG
Killzone
Halo

3 of those things are the same game, the other 3 are just similar models. Nothing "Special" or "different" about them other than the theme. Like a painted egg. Its still an egg on the inside! or a painted trombone. Its still a trombone!

Upvote 0
You seem to be contradicting yourself. If maps are too large they don't feel crowded they feel empty.

nope, people fight for the same one objective, and that part of the map gets too crowded, and the rest feels too open and empty.

so, there is too much walking at one point, and then you enter a crowded area that is a complete stalemate of camping... the more players in one place, the harder is to advance.

I miss smaller maps with lots of active objectives at the same time, like Koitos, that one worked great with 32 players, and there were tactics involved... it also helps that it wasn't an open map in which you get camped from places that were too far away.

Bigger maps and more players, just makes the game more stale and less dynamic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0