• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I hate lockdowns!

I like them because they (most of the time) push the noobs out of their ****camp holes and we can finally have some bodies in the objective. Well, of course sometimes nothing can move the noobs out of the chicken hut, but as I said most of the time the lockdown indicator does the trick.

Upvote 0
If your team is bad enough / the enemy team good enough that a lockdown occurs on the first objective (based on you saying "only 5 minutes to play a round") then hope to hell the teams scramble the next match. 25 minutes stuck on one objective sucks, and Lockdown is disabled for the last objective (I'm also certain that the Map-Makers themselves can set which objectives will have the lockdown).

Upvote 0
Lockdown is one of the most immersive breaking things in RO2.

Comrades. We have failed. I know, we still have plenty of reinforcement, but Germany have initiated operation lockdown. From here on this area of Russian soil will forever be Germanic. There is no known way of forcing this "lockdown". Our scientist are working hard on a solution, but the only thing we can do right now it to retreat and wait.

Upvote 0
Way I see it, lockdown is a mercy rule.

You need a mercy rule. The only thing lockdown breaks up are uneven teams.

For example, I would NOT want to be on a Soviet team that could not get past the first objectives on Bridges and neither would I want to be part of a German team that cannot get past A on Spartanovka.

There is no lockdown in campaign mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lockdown is one of the most immersive breaking things in RO2.

Comrades. We have failed. I know, we still have plenty of reinforcement, but Germany have initiated operation lockdown. From here on this area of Russian soil will forever be Germanic. There is no known way of forcing this "lockdown". Our scientist are working hard on a solution, but the only thing we can do right now it to retreat and wait.

Puh, immersion... you'd think the player names floating over their head would kill that soon enough. ;)

It's a game, not a simulator, and there's a big difference. A game is supposed to be fun, and trying to attack with a crappy team that won't move is really not fun, so this mercy feature is more than welcome for me.

The best games are the really close ones, when even a defeat can feel good, as long as your team tried hard and got some results. Both steamrolling and getting steamrolled aren't any fun.

Upvote 0
Sometimes teams just get hung up on an objective and it takes longer to take it. Doesn't mean it will be that way with all the objectives and many many times I have played where just that happens... get hung up on an objective and then finally cap it and move on at a good pace and maybe even win. It makes the game so much more rewarding and Lockdown ROBS you of that experience.

Stiil, Lockdown is better than it was when the game was first released.

Upvote 0
Mr Moe, that might be true, but I think it's mostly because a lot of attackers get bored of being defeated and after a while half the team quit and got replaced by new players, who might do a better job.

It's possible for the same players to suddenly do better, but it's unlikely. Why would a bad team suddenly become awesome?

Upvote 0
Why would a bad team suddenly become awesome?

You can't assume the reason a team gets stuck is because its bad. Sure sometimes it is, but sometimes its just other circumstances such as a few players (on defense) having a couple of good minutes of being in the right place at the right time, or maybe a few unfortunate TKs on the attackers side, or any other number of reasons. Once those moments pass, its onto the game as usual.

So, that is why I try to avoid servers with Lockdown.

Upvote 0
Why would a bad team suddenly become awesome?
Because its possible :D One day ago on Iwo Jima, the japs just wasted our *** so bad that we had 130 guys left while they were still in their 400s and this was on the first objectives!! Then we buckled up and kicked their teeth like the night train. They didn't saw what hit them. Its possible a bad team to make an epic mlg pro 420 1337 comeback once in a while :D

Upvote 0