• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I found a new weapon hidden within the game files...

YoYoBatty

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
I was exploring the KFMod classes today and found some lines in the KFMonster.uc relating to a Zed Control Device! I even found this hiding in the KFMod.int file:

[ZCDAmmo]
ItemName="ZCD Ammo"
[ZCDPickup]
ItemName="ZCD"
PickupMessage="You got the ZCD"
[ZedControlDevice]
Description="An advanced tactical assault rifle. Fires in semi or full auto great power and accuracy."
ItemName="ZCD"

I couldn't find anything related to this in the KFMod folder even after searching through the KFMod.u, nothing! Being a curious modder myself I will take the time in recreating this weapon for the community when I have time ;)

I'm guessing it's something you shoot at a Zed and it causes ti to attack it's own kind. Sounds nifty, would probably go to some sort of Intelligence class. one that has sticky cameras and a PDA to view what they see, alt fire would probably explode the camera, and primary would shift between other cameras. OR some sort of Hologram of the map your on that shows your teams locations and mobs of Zeds that are +7 or greater in group size.

Wait did i just reveal what i've been planning? ooops. Oh well.

Upvote 0
Code:
class KFMonster extends Skaarj
hidecategories(AnimTweaks,DeRes,Force,Gib,Karma,Udamage,UnrealPawn)
Abstract;

var bool bZedUnderControl; // The zed is under the control of the zed control device
var int NumZCDHits; // How many times has this zed been hit with the ZCD Device

replication
{
reliable if(bNetDirty && Role == ROLE_Authority)
bZedUnderControl;
}

// This zed has been taken control of. Boost its health and speed
function SetMindControlled(bool bNewMindControlled)
{
if( bNewMindControlled )
{
NumZCDHits++;
if( bNewMindControlled != bZedUnderControl )
{
GroundSpeed = OriginalGroundSpeed * 1.25;
Health *= 1.25;
HealthMax *= 1.25;
}
}
else
{
NumZCDHits=0;
}
bZedUnderControl = bNewMindControlled;
}

// Getter for the Original groundspeed of the zed (adjusted for difficulty, etc)
simulated function float GetOriginalGroundSpeed()
{
if( bZedUnderControl )
{
return OriginalGroundSpeed * 1.25;
}
else
{
return OriginalGroundSpeed;
}
}

Makes ZED's a bit better I guess?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you look in the animations browser under the class KF_Weapons2_Trip and click the load entire package button (located the right of the save button) you will see a mesh in the menu called ZCD_Trip. It has no mesh but it has working animations that can be seen if you select another weapon mesh and then select ZCD_anim. It appears to have a charging animation and based off the way it is "held" it appears to be a rather large gun. PS: Yomommassis found this for me :D

Upvote 0
If you look in the animations browser under the class KF_Weapons2_Trip and click the load entire package button (located the right of the save button) you will see a mesh in the menu called ZCD_Trip. It has no mesh but it has working animations that can be seen if you select another weapon mesh and then select ZCD_anim. It appears to have a charging animation and based off the way it is "held" it appears to be a rather large gun. PS: Yomommassis found this for me :D

Excellent might be a revolutionary weapon... we could make fleshpound as pet.

Upvote 0

ScruffySecond.jpg

Upvote 0