• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I enjoyed tanking in RO1 much more.

Problem solved then, don't play tanks in RO2 :rolleyes:

This ^^^

Also, this game is mainly an infantry FPS not a tank simulation you want good ww2 tank stuff? Play the MMO World War 2 Online, it has amazing tanking in it, the ballistics and dmg simulation is top notch, way better than TWI could ever do.. Doesn't have the best graphics but gameplay>graphics. If you've never played it try the 14 day trial its insanely immersive and fun. The game world is 1/2 scale of europe.. It would take days and days and days to run across it as an infantry unit.. Flying across it with a plane doesn't take too long but still quite awhile. Maybe 3 hours or more. Thousands of people can be at ONE battle.. its insane you fight an actual war where either side can win. There is a frontline and everything. Amazing game.

It sucked when ti first launched but years and years later the devs have put so much work into it, its a masterpiece now. It's amazing what a small team has accomplished. A ww2 simulator basically.. Infantry combat, tanks, planes, navy, anti tank, anti air, paratrooping, driving troop carrying vehicles, towing AT guns and Anti air guns while driving troops as well.. It really is a great game, check it out.

Reactions: Rak and OnCrack
Upvote 0
also needing 8 shots on a PZIV while it one shots a T34 often...

not cool

Uh you have to KNOW where the sweet spots are to shoot on the panzers, you can one shot them as well.. Just have to know where and have the right angle etc. Takes a lot of practice etc to learn where these kill spots are. Mostly you wanna try and hit their ammo reserves and stuff like that to just make them explode from the inside out.

Upvote 0
They took three steps forward with the tanks in RO2 and five back in my opinion. The improvement in damage modelling is superb and the interiors are sublime. But they trashed dedicated crew-teaming and removing the ability to enter/exit the vehicles makes them feel like a suit of weird armor, if that makes any sense.
Also changing gun control from WASD to mouse was a retograde step, the gunner should have WASD to control the turret, leaving the commander and driver to have WASD to direct the tank. The gunner shouldn't be able to direct the tank at all from his gun position, that is totally arcade. The ideal positions therefore, for a two-human crew, is one in the commander's cupola, directing the tank, and the other manning the gun. He could then switch between his gun and the driver's position.
Then there's the AI doing its own thing which absolutely sucks; it's a step too far due to it being counter-productive in a fight and also way too uber against targets.

There's always a chance TWI will change things, but highly unlikely.

Upvote 0
I like the tanks in RO1 better. I can't stand way the main gun has to be controlled with the mouse. It feels like you are in a modern tank.

Personally, I never liked how the turret aimed in RO1. The Mod used the mouse to aim the turret and was much more precise. There were so many times in RO1 that I died because I was too slow trying to screw around with getting my shot on target without jerking too far left, right, up or down. Add on top of that a driver who never listened. Your best bet was to go solo and stand still to shoot.

With it being back to the mouse, I can adjust how fast or how much the turret moves, getting quicker and more accurate shots.

Turret Mouse Aim is to Turret Key Aim, as Quake I is to Doom.

Reactions: Echo Black
Upvote 0
Have not checked this, but exept for big lag with tanks, do they sometimes still get invisible?

Yes.
I totally forgot to include this in my list of tank issues;
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=65420
Now it is there, nr 36.

Video about the matter:
RO2 tanks with cloaking device, that malfunction - YouTube

About this topic, I personally did not enjoy the ping-pong tanking in RO1 at all. DH corrected most of the stuff that RO1 failed to fix. I suppose yet again we have to wait till some mod team fixes the tanking issues that RO2 suffers from.

Upvote 0
I HATED tanking in RO1.

Always scrambling to enter a tank at the spawn. Tank baling.

Seems like you'd see a tank crew member on foot more than in a tank.
The anti-tank rifles were also worthless, though they seem a bit OP against T34s in RO2.

As to the crew communitcation/feedback, I agree. It should show you who you've got on your team and I'm sure if we leave enough feedback, TW will make it priority.
And the VOIP I believe is in place. Your tank is "Squad" right?

Upvote 0