• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I dont want to have the low violence version forced on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how it woks here in Spain.A 12-13 years old boy can buy a +18 game and there is no control, so I think that even a 10 years old boy can buy a +18 game.When I heard that a guy that I know had to ask for help a friend who was 16 to buy a +16 in the UK i thought "WTF"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The gore is no worse than in ROOst and that had no problems with the Australian ratings board. It's also significantly less than many other games that get through just fine, so there is very little chance of us getting a shafted version here (Australia).

Incidentally, the censorship was the sole reason that I refused to purchase L4D2. Even with the crazy sales, I will not pay money for a cut down version of a game (and on a random side note, I also won't pay money to Activision for any game at all because, well, because they're Activision).
Except HoS has better graphics! dun dun dunnn... Yeah and also that is awesome that you put your money where your mouth is and speak with your dollars, as oppose to all the other people that complain how much Activision sucks but still buys their games.

Upvote 0
The gore is no worse than in ROOst and that had no problems with the Australian ratings board. It's also significantly less than many other games that get through just fine, so there is very little chance of us getting a shafted version here (Australia).

Incidentally, the censorship was the sole reason that I refused to purchase L4D2. Even with the crazy sales, I will not pay money for a cut down version of a game (and on a random side note, I also won't pay money to Activision for any game at all because, well, because they're Activision).

Personally, I think the explicit nature of the gore and the rather stressful and inescapable atmosphere of the combat in RO is what makes it psychologically affecting enough to make me genuinely distressed by the idea of real violence.

I've never understood the social practice of censoring extreme violence. You can't understand something like, say, the Holocaust without seeing the genuine outcome of it.

To butter over violence and make it into some cartoony caricature, in my opinion, is what makes it so much more of a delight than the true horror that it is.

I think the change in public opinion between World War 2....which contained some of the most garish mass-bombing campaigns in human history, and Vietnam indicates that the transmission of real images of combat instead of the cartoon caricatures and heroic wartime propaganda, fireplace stories of combat heroism and Captain America comics is far, far more effective a deterrent to actual violence.

Of course, videogames are a far cry from genuine war footage, but they can try. And they should. Anything less is disingenuous.

Upvote 0
Except HoS has better graphics! dun dun dunnn... Yeah and also that is awesome that you put your money where your mouth is and speak with your dollars, as oppose to all the other people that complain how much Activision sucks but still buys their games.

they're complaining because they know they're buying the games, if they weren't buying the games then they wouldn't be complaining :p

Upvote 0
I think one of the main draw-points of RO is that it makes you feel like you are THERE. :cool:

you dont feel like you are there if a grenade goes off next to someone and a crappy death anim plays with the guy clutching his chest and falling to the ground. You feel like you are there, in a war, when everything is confronting, you dont want to see death and you dont want to die. You value yours, and your friends, lives and this is actually well done through gore.

Australian pollies ban it coz they think our youth will love it, get addicted to the Gore not the Game, and want to murder someone. In truth someone sick enough to do that will do that, game or no game :(.

Upvote 0
Censor+Ship.jpg

Upvote 0
Won't work untill it's election time again :p
And even if such a thing would actually work, they'd most likely reverse this decision after elections. Slimey bastards.
Nice idea that the people you voted would do what you want them to.
I dont think in germany they understand that concept. (Does this work in any country of the world?)
When you send them emails they have slaves that write you back to **** yourself in a polite way.

Also the rating of these games or if they get on a black list is done by an agency and you cant exactly write them to stop doing their job.
They of course think what they do is important.

Having the "best" youth protection laws its a bit odd that in germany quite a number of youths is so pissed off that they go their school and start shooting people.
If it is how they say and violent games lead to violent behaviour.

u should move to Eupen belgium, they speak german there and you can game everything you want
Sounds better than sweden

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.