• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hugely dissapointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Orchestra 2, so far have been the worst experience for me in gaming.

So you have played what? 2 games? Maybe 3? Nope, I think you're just a drama queen.

Shift Zoom: The introduction of a better zoom on iron sights had a warm welcome on my part until i saw the "Additional zoom"

That's because you have no idea what it is really like to aim a rifle at someone. You have no idea what that looks like and so all you have to compare it to is other games. I'll tell you right now, every other game gets it wrong, even RO1. None of them have ever been as realistic as RO2 in terms of what you can see with "the naked eye". The view you see when you are just running around in game... is wrong. Human eyes see better than that. That's why we got shift-zoom.

It's that simple.

Suppression: Suppression is utterly useless.

No, YOU are utterly useless. You keep missing. If you HIT them, they will be instantly and permanently suppressed. Stop thinking that the role of the machine gun is to scare people, and start thinking that it is to kill people, and you will soon learn what REAL suppression is. It's NOT this in-game, totally unrealistic, effect.

Suppression is simply making sure no one can shoot or move in the area you are tying to suppress. In the real world than means killing anything that does try to move or shoot. It doesn't mean spraying rounds over their head hoping they never notice that you haven't hit a thing. Game "suppression" does not exist AT ALL, in the real world, but suppressive fire still works.

Tank balance: The panzer four seem to be comfortably one shooting t-34's from 1200 meters to frontal plate while the t-34 needs about five shots to score a kill from such distance.

So in your mind, a bug (and it probably is) means this is the "worst experience for you in gaming"? Like I said, a drama queen. Tell me which game has got it better. I don't just mean which game had those two tanks balanced, but in general, which game has EVERYTHING that RO2 has, only better?

That''s right, NONE OF THEM.

Mp40: This gun have sniped me countless times at ranges of 150+ meters from windows in a matter of a second not to mention that it penetrates brick walls at that distance.

So and bollocks. The MP-40 is accurate. It really was. So is the PPSh if you use it right. As for the penetration... either that was a bug or it never happened. I know I've never seen anything like that. At least TWI fixes bugs, unlike EA or whoever.

Hit detection: the hit detection is awful, numerous times have i depleted half of the dp drum mag into a german in close quarters combat to no effect. It is as if the bullets magically dissipated.

Actually, hit detection is perfect. (assuming no lag issues and so on) From what I have seen, unlike any other game, you really do actually have to hit them. So many games have a hit box that is much larger than the player model, whereas RO2 seems to have hit boxes that are exactly the size of the player model. So, what would be hits in most games are near misses in RO2.

At first I though the same thing as you, but then I started to notice that when I thought my shot should have hit, but it didn't, if I was paying attention I would see that at the moment I fired, the sight would be between his chin and shoulder, or his arm and his chest. In other games that would be a kill. In this game it's a miss, or a slight flesh wound if you're lucky.

In other words, it's YOU, not the game. You are sloppy because every other game allows you to be sloppy. This game doesn't.

Machine gunner class

In the real world, the gunner is an important role. It's not given to the noob. I can tell you are a noob just from your list of complaints. There is another thread on here where I explain some of the things I know you are doing wrong, you might want to check it out.

Artillery: The artillery is capable of being deployed at an enemy spawn point. Making your spawn ending up in a death the moment you spawned.

Aw diddums. That's war for you. Spawn somewhere else. Or at least try and figure out what is going on around the spawn point before you click ready. It's in your own best interests.

Performance: I am running an I5 2500k 4.1ghz 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram and an overclocked GTX570. The result? 17-20 FPS on the highest settings. Giving how this machine ran Crysis 1 silky smooth at maxed settings and 16xAA together with Crysis 2 maxed with DX11 patch, I am finding it hard to believe that it is a problem with my system.

There are bugs. It's a beta. You know what a beta test is, don't you? BFBC2 still lasts no more than half an hour for me before it locks up my comp, and it's been out for a year. The RO2 beta is MORE stable, looks better, and has better framerates than BFBC2 (or at least feels like it) on the same machine.

So, you maybe having a bad experience, but my experience with BFBC2 is much worse, and I paid twice as much for it and it was made by one of the biggest companies in the industry.

Latency: Simple test here. Pinging TF2 32 players UK server: 93ms
Pinging RO2 official TWI UK server: 250ms.

Oh FFS. Do you have any clue what you are talking about? How could you compare a server for one game with a totally different server for another game? Are you really that dumb? Ever thought that one might have a very expensive high bandwidth link on a top end box, and the other doesn't?

There is no way in hell you can tell anything from your simple test.

Stability: Red Orchestra 2 have been crashing on me every 15 minutes or so trough all the patches and on all settings.

BETA, BETA, BETA!!! It's four letters, the word isn't that hard to understand. This is NOT a released game you are playing. It is a test build. It will be by definition less stable because it will have testing code in it, such as extra validity tests and so on.

But the thing is, the release day is two days from now and the game feels like being in pre alpha state.

Oh get ****ed. Tell me one game that RELEASED that wasn't buggy in some way? As I said BFBC2 works for me NOW a YEAR after release as bad as RO2 BETA works for you now.

This BETA test is more stable for at least SOME people than a fully released and in fact several times patched EA game.

You have NO IDEA what "pre-alpha" even means.

Now let me explain a little more. The beta test version of a game will ALWAYS be less stable than the exact same RELEASE build. One has break points and testing code of various kinds that will make the game crash and produce a dump file simply so the devs can find out if the test ever fails. In the release version of the same build that test wouldn't be run or the error wouldn't cause a dump. It would instead be gracefully handled and ignored if possible, making the game SEEM more stable by not stopping on every error.

THAT is why you do beta tests. You are INTENDING the game to crash under certain conditions so that you can figure out if those conditions ever occur.

Of course that doesn't mean there will be no bugs in the game, but TWI has a history of supporting their games to a level that EA and the other big players don't even aspire to. So if you want to ***** about the overall industry take it to the EA forums - they have NO EXCUSE for what they do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know what the big deal is with all the negative posts on here either. Its a beta, nothing more or less. While i am new to the RO franchise and always wanted to play the first one but sadly never got my hands on it, i am happy with Ro2 as it is. Its one of the few games in my steam list that i don't want to get refunded.

Upvote 0
I hate the 'it's a beta' line. Seriously on release I want everyone to apologize for using it when everything is still a broken laggy mess.

I guess I have 2 days left to decide if I want a refund.

Why should they? It is in fact a beta. If the bugs have not yet been fixed (and don't assume you are playing the final build either) that simply means they shouldn't have released the game yet, not that that stopped ANY GAME COMPANY.

TWI is TINY compared to DICE and yet BFBC2 is buggier on my system RIGHT NOW, than RO2 is. This is a YEAR after release. So hold your false outrage and just wait and see.

Right now RO2 is better than the released version of BFBC2, so I have NOTHING to apologise for. Go get your refund and quit whining. Go find a better game to play, if you can.

Have fun with CODBFMWBC... lol.

Upvote 0
So lets see here, so far Ive been called:

A troll "because my computer cannot possibly preform that badly in RO2 hence I'm a troll"

A drama queen "because I exaggerated stuff and in reality everything is pink"

Someone who never fired a rifle "Well I did serve in the military for two years and had my way with several firearms"

An armchair general(in refrence to my tank balance complaints) "Because I need to be a ww2 tank commander, RITE?" Not to mention some people that brought "this is not COD" as an argument to T34 vs Pz4F2.

A noob that needs to l2p "what a great argument"

And some guy that keeps posting how he is disgusted with everyone for having complaints.

Having been reading this Forum since about the mid life of Ostfront,
id never believe that this community will be dragged to such immaturity,
rage and downright personal insulting crowd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Verluste
Upvote 0

A troll "because my computer cannot possibly preform that badly in RO2 hence I'm a troll"

Someone who never fired a rifle "Well I did serve in the military for two years and had my way with several firearms"

An armchair general(in refrence to my tank balance complaints) "Because I need to be a ww2 tank commander, RITE?" Not to mention some people that brought "this is not COD" as an argument to T34 vs Pz4F2.

And some guy that keeps posting how he is disgusted with everyone for having complaints.

But still you make a thread about problems that are known, talking about refund in a beta. BETA means testing we did that, as the Dev said they fixed many things thats how a beta works. Some of your problems are only your personal ones ( T34 vs. P4, Artillery while having 2 spawn on every map, MP40 while i think rifle with bajonet is the best). Very unprofessional and fits more to the casual crowd that wants fast fun

Upvote 0
No need to insult the man, hes entitle to his opinion. Though...
I wish you would wait until the game is release tomorrow or after the launch patch.

But anyway, I encourage others to voice out their opinion. Good or bad.
We are what make the game what it is. Things we like, dislike etc.
Dev does listen if they are to keep up there fan base.
Player will buy the game, gives feedback, =win for patch/dlc or next TWI game.
If they choose not to listen then people stop playing, well...the rest is obvious.

Upvote 0
Only thing that was true in this post was the Mp40 thing.

Everything else is just a bunch of asscrack sweat and little kid raging...

Seems to me that you saw 1 thing you dont like , or as a ,,veteran of the game`` got owned like an idiot when you thought your invincible , and now decided to rage abit...

How come the longest range for infantry is 150m ? , that`s another thing that makes me believe that you played only 1 map , and decided you are too good for the game...

That is your PC config ? than you have some serious malfunctioning hardware , since I`m running a slightly lower config , and it runs like a ****ing charm... Not once did I think bout getting FPS drawn out , since I run everything on Ultra and it plays perfectly... Not 1 FPS spike...

Pings are fine... I lagged on 1 out of 50 servers I played on , so that might be connected to you - honestly seems to be **** - PC , and internet connection...

- No comment on Tank warfare , since I havent fired from one - , but I can say that I find as Anti Tank Soldier , easier to Destroy Panzer than T34...

Suspression works fine , and its just the way its designed to be... Maybe the guy who was shooting you was an idiot , or vice versa , but in my experience its done exactly as they wanned it to work....

And for those who dont understand ,,Beta`` . That means you are not playing the full content , and Fixed up game. The game should be done ? well it pretty much is , as its being released tomorow. It means that you are not having a Final patch or two implemented in your game , and cant see the final changes. And to be honest , TWI guys work so hard , that I wouldent mind having abit buggy game for bout a week , before its all fixed up to the max.

So next time you decide to make a post named ,,Hugely dissapointed`` , how bout you eat a fork and than drink some prozak , hoping you wont wake up with the same idea , kay ??

(( P.S.- get that ,,monster`` PC you got checked out ))

Upvote 0

I can understand your points ( and I share the same opinion on many of them ) but it is still too early to give a judgment on the game.

Wait & see.
But next week you can be harsh on them :cool:

Reactions: TheAngelKing
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.