• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hugely dissapointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me shed some light on these things for you guys. No, I'm not going to promise that everything is perfect and polished, but I can tell you that the build you'll play in a couple of days is a big improvement over the one you have right now. Again, it's not going to be perfect, there are still a number of smaller things that we're hoping to address, but every major bug/crash that we could track down(with your help) has been fixed.

Also, there are issues that we're never going to be able to make everyone happy on, so keep that in mind. "Fair and Balanced" is highly subjective, but we're trying our best to ensure neither side has a distinct advantage by looking at statistics from a large sample of playthroughs.

So, trying not to be repetitive, but I'm trying to minimize the backtalk on this: it won't be perfect, but it will be a lot better.

What did I tell you guys?

/thread

Upvote 0
Don't even bother paying attention to Tauris, he is *troll aproved*, that can be spotted by reading his first post, and all of the following ones.
yes don't pay attention...

Also, @Tauris:
Not only the PCs aren't bad ones, but the game ISN'T using that high-end technology or graphic features to be THAT BAD, on even a MEDIUM RIG. That's all, go troll somewhere else please.

Upvote 0
The PzIVF1 was an emergency measure because of how the T-34 was invulnerable to german fire unless flanked and engaged at close range or lured onto an 88 battery.

I feel awfully mean to nitpick a post I otherwise agreed with entirely... but the F1 was still armed with the short 75mm. It was the F2 that had the high velocity gun.

And having tanked a bit, I don't think the T34 ingame is as bad as most seem to make it out to be. Sure at range the panzer seems to have the edge (as it should really). But if you get upclose you really can do the business with the T34. I think one issue is perhaps how wide and open the current tank map is. Doesn't present too many flanking opportunities.

Upvote 0
Performance: I am running an I5 2500k 4.1ghz 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram and an overclocked GTX570. The result? 17-20 FPS on the highest settings. Giving how this machine ran Crysis 1 silky smooth at maxed settings and 16xAA together with Crysis 2 maxed with DX11 patch, I am finding it hard to believe that it is a problem with my system.

Dunno whats with your 570 then.. must be something wrong.

I have I7 2500k 3.4ghz same memory and a 560TI.
And I run at ultra with 64 players with a steady 60-65 FPS atm =S

Upvote 0
Let me shed some light on these things for you guys. No, I'm not going to promise that everything is perfect and polished, but I can tell you that the build you'll play in a couple of days is a big improvement over the one you have right now. Again, it's not going to be perfect, there are still a number of smaller things that we're hoping to address, but every major bug/crash that we could track down(with your help) has been fixed.

Also, there are issues that we're never going to be able to make everyone happy on, so keep that in mind. "Fair and Balanced" is highly subjective, but we're trying our best to ensure neither side has a distinct advantage by looking at statistics from a large sample of playthroughs.

So, trying not to be repetitive, but I'm trying to minimize the backtalk on this: it won't be perfect, but it will be a lot better.

Not everybody is going to be happy,not all bugs will be squashed,not all will agree on many things,but I think that the game on release should give to people like us with single monitor setups and good hardware steady 60 FPS + smooth gameplay.

Offcourse its a MP game mostly and there will always be ingame hiccups whether from the server side hardware or server side internet connection or gamers side internet or other issue related.there has never been a MP game that runs perfectly smoot all the time,ever!!!! but when a game has few hiccups here and there in MP that counts as very well polished game,iven if it has some bugs that can be fixed later down the road.

Problem is when game is being released and its crashing,lagging non stop,feels heavy to the point it gives you motion confusion,chop chop frames every time you move with the mice,thats bad and unpolished game which RO2 is in this state right now but its still BETA and its very normal.

I ahve high hopes that you guys can optimise the game for a smooth gameplay,its all needs now,smooth gameplay and bugs can waith and be fixed later down the road.:)

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra 2, so far have been the worst experience for me in gaming.
Having been playing the series since the release of Ostfront, I was kind of turned off by the some different approaches that the sequel took but Ive learned to live with them. Although there are some really crazy design flaws:

Shift Zoom: The introduction of a better zoom on iron sights had a warm welcome on my part until i saw the "Additional zoom" This zoom is quite ridiculous considering that the maps are noticeable smaller this time around and the farthest range of engagement is about 170 meters as far as infantry combat goes. This zoom is close to the optics zoom of the marksman. In fact, it is much easier to pick off targets at long distances with the regular bolt because of the larger field of view in iron sights which allows much better leading on targets than optics and a noticeably higher fire rate at the expense of a slightly lower zoom.

Suppression: Suppression is utterly useless. Aside the blue screen, it doesn't affect your accuracy AT ALL. Sometimes you get suppressed by bullets that are randomly shot at a house that you are in but far away from them, sometimes you get perma suppressed and sometimes you get suppressed from falling.

Tank balance: The panzer four seem to be comfortably one shooting t-34's from 1200 meters to frontal plate while the t-34 needs about five shots to score a kill from such distance. Not to mention that the amount of ammunition in the t-34 is noticeably lower. Often than not, i get the feeling that i'm combating a Panther and not a Panzer 4 F1.

Mp40: This gun have sniped me countless times at ranges of 150+ meters from windows in a matter of a second not to mention that it penetrates brick walls at that distance.

Hit detection: the hit detection is awful, numerous times have i depleted half of the dp drum mag into a german in close quarters combat to no effect. It is as if the bullets magically dissipated.

Machine gunner class: 80% of time playing the machine gunner class, you will be greeted by "cannot prone here" message or be deployed under the floor texture while trying to deploy to a window, then after you do manage to deploy, you will notice the horrible recoil that deployed machine guns have and will be sniped by the bolt extra zoom snipers and mp-40 heroes in a couple of seconds. Sometimes when you shoot trough a window, you see the bullets hitting a wall near you as if the machine gun was magically spitting bullets about 20 centimeters to the side of the barrel.

Artillery: The artillery is capable of being deployed at an enemy spawn point. Making your spawn ending up in a death the moment you spawned.

Performance: I am running an I5 2500k 4.1ghz 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram and an overclocked GTX570. The result? 17-20 FPS on the highest settings. Giving how this machine ran Crysis 1 silky smooth at maxed settings and 16xAA together with Crysis 2 maxed with DX11 patch, I am finding it hard to believe that it is a problem with my system.

Latency: Simple test here. Pinging TF2 32 players UK server: 93ms
Pinging RO2 official TWI UK server: 250ms.

Stability: Red Orchestra 2 have been crashing on me every 15 minutes or so trough all the patches and on all settings.

Now I know that you will say that "They will fix it, give them time"

But the thing is, the release day is two days from now and the game feels like being in pre alpha state. I am for one kinda tired of the growing tendency of the industry to release horribly unpolished products to the customers. I want to buy games and play them, not dancing voodoo dances around them to make them work or having to wait to endless stream of patches to bring them to a playable state.
Flame him all you want, but every single one of his points is a major issue of concern on these forums, and I have to agree whole-heartedly.

I am not totally disappointed in the game like you are, but I agree that all of the issues you have mentioned are indeed major problems that are going to hurt this game in the short, and perhaps, the long term.

Oh and:
I have never seen more stupid, retarded, and utter idiocracy than the TWI forums. The game isn't even out yet and people are *****ING about it. I'm so f***ing sick of these idiots going on these forums running their damn mouth's about a God damn BETA! It's A BETA. DEAL WITH IT.

Jesus Christ. If anyone has ever made me rage before it would defiantly be someone on this forum.
I'm really tired of hearing this kind of crap from people on these forums. The game releases on Tuesday. The "It's a Beta!" argument tends to only have any impact when the game is a long way off from release. This, however, is simply not the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erikjaak
Upvote 0
I feel awfully mean to nitpick a post I otherwise agreed with entirely... but the F1 was still armed with the short 75mm. It was the F2 that had the high velocity gun.

And having tanked a bit, I don't think the T34 ingame is as bad as most seem to make it out to be. Sure at range the panzer seems to have the edge (as it should really). But if you get upclose you really can do the business with the T34. I think one issue is perhaps how wide and open the current tank map is. Doesn't present too many flanking opportunities.

Yeah my bad :D These tanks should really go toe to toe though in terms of raw armor/ firepower capabilities since TWI are not makin an Ural Factory/Krupp simulator, nor they simulate radio communication.

Upvote 0

Pwned

Upvote 0
I guarantee none of these people that have complained have EVER done any sort of development of technology.

QFT

You chuckleheads have no idea what a nightmare it is to bugfix something as massive, labyrinthine, and complex as a video game. I am hugely impressed with everything TWI has accomplished so far and the constant harping of the same 10-15 points and whining about how it's still buggy makes me want to personally drag each and every one of you to a cubicle, sit you down in front of a C++ compiler, and tell you to figure out why it's throwing an exception when given these exact variables.

Honestly, people.

Upvote 0
Oh and:
I'm really tired of hearing this kind of crap from people on these forums. The game releases on Tuesday. The "It's a Beta!" argument tends to only have any impact when the game is a long way off from release. This, however, is simply not the case.

Still, a beta build does not equal release build. One of the devs just said it will be a fair amount different.

Upvote 0
He does have a mediocre rig.

Get better equipment, then get a better internet connection, then get some gaming skills and maybe we'll see less of this forum warrior stuff.

We got to be concerned about cheaters and weapon balance, not people with cheap PC's and no skills.

What the hell is a good rig then?!!?!?! He's got 4GHz of processor 8GB RAM and a badass video card... I'm running 2.3Ghz processor 2GB Ram and 1.7GB of video memory and running good on medium.

Upvote 0
Glad to see someone who complains with reasonable points instead of just.

"ZOMG TRIPWURE SUX CANCLING PRORDUR"

I hate to use the phrase but even 2 days from release, RO2 still feels like a "work in progress". Most of the balance issues you can be fixed easily. The performance is just poor optimisation, im afriad you will have to cope with Medium settings until its fixed. Hell my PC can handle Ultra and I have to do it now.

Basically most of the issues are balance problems, which is understandable, there is no balance in the real world and thats what RO2 is true to, the real world. Trying to have balance hand in hand with realism is like trying to convince Alan Wilson to be nice to the Dutch.

Long story short; Red Orchestra 2 will live up to the hype, eventually.

Upvote 0
The lack of patients/faith is disturbing it is after all beta never judge a product until release.Even then many games have problems and a patch is a simple fix.Unlike many mainstream developers TWI is never finished with a game Ro1 received support and updates years! after it was released.While it may be rough around the edges the gameplay is solid much better than many big budget games.

People need to remember TWI is still a small but growing company and they are dedicated to their games and the fans.Alot of ro1 vets expected ro1 with better graphics that would not make a good sequel.To be a great sequel you have to build upon the first game not just add bells and whistles(like cod).I think the devs have done a great job at this keeping the realism and opening the learning curve up to a wider audience.

The best I remember RO1 as a mod was far from polished many game play aspects was adjusted over the years.To make it the great war sim it is today.Not to mention the options server admins have on adjusting gameplay.Add to that no DLC's all content will be free and aplenty custom maps and mods that the big name developers want even think about.

When TWI makes a game they are looking at the long term and ever going development process.Performance and gameplay tweaks can be fixed and I know the delv's are working as hard as they can.I myself am happy tripwire has the courage to make a unique game and not follow the mainstream 95% of fps's are cod clones. Fans and new comers to RO need to be more patient and have faith that TWI will deliver in the end.

Upvote 0
Still, a beta build does not equal release build. One of the devs just said it will be a fair amount different.
No doubt that is true, because we all know the TWI guys have an incredible work ethic and really want their game to do well, obviously. And I have a ton of respect for them in this regard.

All I'm saying is that saying that it's "just a beta" doesn't hold alot of weight when the game comes out in such a short period of time. In other words, people have good reason to be concerned about where their money is going.

Upvote 0
Some of you have great rigs and can't play at a stable fps, that is strange I got a older rig and can play very well.

Ga-Ep35-ds3p
E8500 3.8ghz
4gb DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC Edition
Evga Gtx 275
Onboard sound card RealTek ALC889a
Sata hardrive 7200 rpm

and I can play on low-medium at 1920x1080 with 30+ fps all the time you guys probably don't even have the rig you say you have and only trying to look good

Upvote 0

BAHA! The game is near perfect for release! All of these bugs people are complaining about are fast fixes! The performance issues with some people is because of the fact the game is ran in debug mode. NO ****! RO2 Beta in debug mode?!? Well guess what, it is folks

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.