• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hugely dissapointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vast majority of the people still cannot even play the game. The support forum grows at like 10 pages a day of people having sizable problems.

Please tell me how they can make this game presentable in 2 days. As far as I know, releasing a dysfunctional product on Steam is a contract violation.

Every point you make here has been hammered on time and time again on the forums.

I have to laugh every time someone says that RO2 is "pre-alpha" or "alpha", because these people have obviously never seen an alpha build before in their lives.

I am anticipating a massive shift in performance come the full release. I suspect debug mode has been on for the duration of the beta, and that's always a performance killer. I also imagine a lot of the crashes come from us not having access to the full array of resources the game is trying to call from. Again, just hypothesizing from my experiences with betas. I also anticipate an avalanche of Day 0 - Week 2 patches. If the game isn't functioning properly within the first two weeks, I'll eat my ushanka.

It has to be understood that TWI is a very small company trying to compete with the big boys. If they push back any farther, they're going to get caught amidst the holiday releases, and that is going to kneecap their sales.

Then again, so will bad reviews, but RO has always been kind of a niche game anyway...

I already did. You aren't reading the thread.

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
No, actually it's a high level mid-range system that costs around $600-700 to build. I hope when he said he paid $2,500 for it that was quite a while ago. Still a lot better specs than my system and should definitely play all maxed.

Exactly, these fools think they can just spend $800 on a rig and it'll play the latest games in ultra.

Go get an xbox.

Reactions: GREIF
Upvote 0
To all those that blame my system:

What is better on the market right now?

Cpu? 2600k? Same performance unless Ro2 uses HT and it doesent.

Get one of the extreme edition 1000$ dollar cpus? Yeah right.

GPU? It benches 4% under a stock clocked GTX580 @ 1920x1080.

So get an HD6990 or GTX590 for 700$ and for a single monitor? Yeah right....

Ram? That's more ram than the beta files weight put all together.

Upvote 0
Tank balance: The panzer four seem to be comfortably one shooting t-34's from 1200 meters to frontal plate while the t-34 needs about five shots to score a kill from such distance. Not to mention that the amount of ammunition in the t-34 is noticeably lower. Often than not, i get the feeling that i'm combating a Panther and not a Panzer 4 F1.

i might be a bit rusty on my history but im fairly sure that the germans had the better tanks of WW2. infact it was a favorite tactic of the USSR to send tanks into battles with 3<1 odds in their favor and rush the germans to get as close as possible for that reason. the T34 has thinner armour (but is sloped but that doesnt help much if the enemy knows were to shoot) and a lighter gun. at long ranges like that should stand a chance. use the superior speed and manuverability of the T34 to get in close and take it out.

Upvote 0

No, with your spec's as I said you should be able to run the game maxed out smoothly. Just have to wait for optimization patch I guess.

Upvote 0
I bought my pc 2 and half years ago for 1000 dollars (including 24 inch monitor which added to it a lot) and... I can run the game on ultra/high with very few crashes and 30-50 fps. Artillery never lags me either. Of course, if they can add better performance so I can get even more fps with these settings I won't complain.

Upvote 0
Comes out in 2 days.

"Beta" doesn't work anymore. The game should be DONE.

Yes the game should be done. Most games have nearly no bugs at release. Tripwire should be ashamed.

Homer Making People Happy - YouTube

I dont get the zoom thing are you guys playing on zoom scale 0.1 or what? Because than zoom really looks strange.
Just take a sniper rifle and switch beetween ironsight and scope and you will see the difference of a 1.5x scope and zoom.

But OP has some points. Game needs some tweak but that will be done for sure.
Huge disappointment -> hell no even with my performance problems.

Upvote 0
i might be a bit rusty on my history but im fairly sure that the germans had the better tanks of WW2. infact it was a favorite tactic of the USSR to send tanks into battles with 3<1 odds in their favor and rush the germans to get as close as possible for that reason. the T34 has thinner armour (but is sloped but that doesnt help much if the enemy knows were to shoot) and a lighter gun. at long ranges like that should stand a chance. use the superior speed and manuverability of the T34 to get in close and take it out.

The german armor(Ro2 time period speaking) Had radio systems, dedicaded commanders and better quality optics. They were not technically superior though. The F1 certainly did not have better armor and was in such miniscule numbers that at that stage were strategically neglectable. See the story of Zinoviy Kolobanov and you will be amazed how similar it is to the Tiger stories. I'll go a little offtopic here but at the macro level, the big german cats were not worth it because of the low maneuvrability, high maintenance and the drastic reduction in german armor composit by 1944.

Upvote 0
The tank thing is easily fixed, Just put a cap on how many german tanks are allowed in game per t34. Then just make other tanks for that time scientifically correct. THEN APPLY USEFUL TACTICS.

Apply useful tactics my ***. The Mark IV special in game should not be taking hits forntally from the 76.2mm and surviving, it just wasn't enough armour protection which is why the Germans uparmoured it en mass in January 1943 with the additional 3cm plate on the hull. The entire idea behind adding the relatively rare Mark IV specials against the much more common T-34 was to give a more balanced match up than the Mark IIIs would have provided vs the T-34. If the T-34 is getting pwned by the Mark IV, this destroy the rationale for the Mark IV in the first place.

There should be no need to flank with the T-34, both tanks should be able to KO eachother out to 1km, the fact the T-34 can't compete with the Mark IV special is an indication that something is terribly wrong with either the T-34s gun or the Mark IV model. It would be far more hisorically representative to have the German's struggling to get kills on the T-34 because by late 1942 the Mark III with short and long barreled guns were the dominant tank type employed.

That's the way it should be. Don't slug it out with a P4 at long range when your gun can only penetrate at close range. There's a reason the T34 is faster. You have to get in close.

Yeah again, no. This is not the late Mark IV G series. The Mark IV in game is either a F/2 series or early G series, regardless it quite vulnerable to 76.2mm shot at regular ranges, hence why it got uparmoured starting in 1943.

People need to stop treating this issue like it is an issue with player tactics. This is not, it is an issue with modeling or something else. The T-34 was not faster so it could flank the Mark IV, it was faster because it was damn well built to be faster. It should still be able to engage the Mark IV on relatively equal terms in a stand up fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaltehook
Upvote 0
Exactly, these fools think they can just spend $800 on a rig and it'll play the latest games in ultra.

Go get an xbox.

I hate to jump in arguments,but Tauris you have zero knowledge of hardware I mean ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That CPU outperforms 990X with a slight overclock and creeping behind the 990x if left on stock speeds...

The 570 Nvidia is an awesome performance card its barely 5% slower than the best card out there which is 580.As for SLI ing another 570 is out of question because you loose in this game with 2 GPU setup.

He got tons of ram,so please shut it cause what he got is a high end PC not mediocre,whats your rig,post specs and if you post you have 2 GPU set up I will piss my pants from laughing cause it dont work,speaking of my own experience.

My specs are in my sig,and maeby not the highest on the market,my PC is high end,same as his.

Upvote 0

Don't even bother paying attention to Tauris, he is *troll aproved*, that can be spotted by reading his first post, and all of the following ones. On the matter:
You are right. I got an Intel I7 2600k, 8GB RAM @1600MHZ (Corsair Revenge), 2x Radeon HD 6870 Toxic(overclocked edition) crossfired. And excepting for the crossfire being dissabled during gaming, the rest IS NOT A CHEAP PC, NEITHER A MEDIUM RIG, and it performs BADLY.

Also, @Tauris:
Not only the PCs aren't bad ones, but the game ISN'T using that high-end technology or graphic features to be THAT BAD, on even a MEDIUM RIG. That's all, go troll somewhere else please.

Upvote 0
Let me shed some light on these things for you guys. No, I'm not going to promise that everything is perfect and polished, but I can tell you that the build you'll play in a couple of days is a big improvement over the one you have right now. Again, it's not going to be perfect, there are still a number of smaller things that we're hoping to address, but every major bug/crash that we could track down(with your help) has been fixed.

Also, there are issues that we're never going to be able to make everyone happy on, so keep that in mind. "Fair and Balanced" is highly subjective, but we're trying our best to ensure neither side has a distinct advantage by looking at statistics from a large sample of playthroughs.

So, trying not to be repetitive, but I'm trying to minimize the backtalk on this: it won't be perfect, but it will be a lot better.

Upvote 0

Buddy you got an awesome CPU and an awesome graphics card and plenty of ram...

If you look at my sig I'm in the same range as your PC but have 2x 6870's,since I have to disable one of them you sort of have a lead on me maeby 2%,but thing is I should be running this game on high smooth but I dont because GPU is only stressed 40-50% max in the game,Question is who is behind this bad performance the GPU drivers or the game optimisation?

Upvote 0
Let me shed some light on these things for you guys. No, I'm not going to promise that everything is perfect and polished, but I can tell you that the build you'll play in a couple of days is a big improvement over the one you have right now. Again, it's not going to be perfect, there are still a number of smaller things that we're hoping to address, but every major bug/crash that we could track down(with your help) has been fixed.

Also, there are issues that we're never going to be able to make everyone happy on, so keep that in mind. "Fair and Balanced" is highly subjective, but we're trying our best to ensure neither side has a distinct advantage by looking at statistics from a large sample of playthroughs.

So, trying not to be repetitive, but I'm trying to minimize the backtalk on this: it won't be perfect, but it will be a lot better.

Can you confirm or deny improvement for AMD CPU/GPU users?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.