• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hueys on Quang/helis in general

yabuki_joe`

May 9, 2019
why were they removed? i don't get why y'all want to minimize helicopters so much considering how much they set this game apart from others. i can deal with not having basic stat tracking for the # of passengers dropped or even a MODICUM of customization for my helicopters but now y'all just removing them from maps entirely? anyways one last note, after this patch teamkills when dropping players (fully landed, not moving) seem to have increased a bit in frequency. which also definitely isn't helpful when 95% of players aren't proficient with flying and want to learn.

I can only think that it was one of two reasons. Either some pilots doing nothing but crash landings at E and behind E. Or that too many pilots were crashing or getting shot down because they were so bad. Quang was one of the tougher maps to fly but I know you did a good job there as did I. Every map is different but people flew it the same way as they did other maps and paid a price. And now with the role selection lag bug the pilots are getting worse while the people that know how to fly are SOL.

But really for me this is frustrating for a number of reasons. First it was just done without consulting the people that played this map the most what they thought. We were never asked what we thought would help make this map better for pilots or either team in general. It seems like this is rewarding the players that don't want to learn to fly well and punishing the ones that did learn. All the SU maps other than Hue have Hueys, so SU to many of us mean maps with Hueys. Also many people think Hue is worst SU map. How is this any better? This just seems like Hue with Loach and Cobra.

Upvote 0