• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Huey rework

Good day everyone.

I see some of you are sharing the ideas. I've also got one...or two, after playing nearly 300hrs. I would like to contribute with:
1. UH-1D rework - to look more like a real Slick. With little effort the doors can be fully removed and passenger seats rearranged. Probably some animation work has to be done (rotate the persons reference and add sitting position animation). Also it would be good to add ability to shoot from sit position as we mostly see helis getting shot down with RPG before it even touches the ground. Two more m16's by default would give nice firepower (or even current weapon that the pax carries).
message-editor%2F1488565588047-huey-vietnam.jpg

2. Gunship rework with doors closed. That would require deleting the references to door gunners + close the doors. I noticed that if map has two helicopters spawning then there is not enough men on the ground to advance (like on Hobo Woods map or OperationRice). That would balance a bit the game.

Overall it would look like below:
I've already started some digging and playing with static mesh but without any permission and knowledge regarding this there is no sense to proceed further.

Thanks North for the feedback.
I've already did some work and deployed it to the workshop
all.jpg
Apart from the HUD icons which I don't know how to edit (yet) and missing pax animations everything works fine.

I also have an idea to add "settling with power" to the physics of the heli.
Usually if a helicopter slows down to below 30kts and rate of descent rises to above 300 fpm (1.5m/s) then it starts to settle hard and it cannot be recovered by collective...only speeding up can help in recovering from it. It would be nice to have it, less morons would take the stick haha

PS I started with UDK three weeks ago actually. Zero experience before, only some programming skills.

Upvote 0