• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HRG Locust is to powerful?

Weber87

Nov 2, 2022
In my most humble opinion i feel that the HRG Locust, when playing as a survivalist, just nuke the whole map on all difficulties (not including any modded difficulties). It's to easy to use (heat seeking) for what it does, it's to cheap (900 dosh) and got to much ammo (84 max ammo). When combined with the level 20 skill (spontaneous zed-explolsion) all trash and medium zeds, other then scrake, quarter pound and fleshpound, will die very quickly when used in chokepoints and even in open areas. It's radius for the locust is to big, it last to long (three seconds) and kill every medium zed in two hits. If you are surrounded all you have to do is point the aim into the ground, fire and everything around you die. You are basically immortal for three seconds since the locust cloud wont deal self damage, unless you change weapon while standing in the locust cloud ( this is a bug i assume). I still love it but it feels just like when i play firebug, it's to easy and to powerful.

I want to try and reduce the radius of the cloud and make the cloud last one second (down from three). Or maybe reduce the damage over time a bit. Just increasing the cost and reducing ammo is not really going to help.