• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HRG Cross-perk weapons?

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
Title says it, how about we make these HRG weapons Cross-perk? for example:
HRG Incision - Medic + Sharpshooter
HRG Kaboomstick - Support + Demo
HRG Incendiary Rifle - Firebug + Demo + Commando
HRG Teslauncher - Berserker + Firebug
HRG Buckshot - Support + Gunslinger

Well, Tripwire itself said that the very purpose of these guns was to AVOID making anymore crossperk weapons. The main reasoning behind that was that it was often difficult to design a gun that was effective in the hands of two different perks (and one can see why : very rarely does a weapon gets used by two perks in the same way... Does anyone ever uses the HX-25 or Spitfire in the hands of a gunslinger?)

Not that I wouldn't mind to get some of them in the hands of others (the buckshot for the 'slinger sounds like a great idea!) , but most of them would just be redundant or just barely practical.

The Incision is pretty much the medic's Railgun. It wouldn't bring anything new functionally, even if its stats are a bit different. Similarly, the Teslauncher is pretty much the Helios Rifle.

Meanwhile, the kaboomstick wouldn't work in the hands of the support because he's so reliant on extra penetration. If the pellets simply EXPLODE, it wouldn't put forward the support's pros. And if they don't explode... Then you'd be better off using the boomstick to begin with.

I could see the Incendiary Rifle for the Commando (I mean, the SWAT does have the MAC-10 right? Plus, the M16 used to be a commando weapon as well in KF1!), but for the demo...? I see no real reason. The regular M16 with its grenade launcher is pretty much Demo's version of the Incendiary Rifle.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
I haven't realized this, well it would sure be fun for the support to have a kaboomstick.
And for the Incision, a SS should have the ability to heal people instead of just buying a pistol if you know what I mean (Commando has the rifle and SWAT has the SMG)
That's actually a very valid point, considering most of the other medic weapons are crossperked. And while I said multiple times that I'm not fond of every perk being able to do everything... The ability to heal is just too valuable NOT to share it. Plus it's something that was already done in KF1, with medic players often purchasing tons of MP7 to give to the team.

... Plus the medic still has many skills improving his healing, so it's not as if the sharpie (or any other perk really) could take its place.

For the kaboomstick... yeah, I guess it COULD be fun. But then... Why not simply use the demolitionist? I just don't know what the gun would bring to the support, mostly because it's ALREADY a variant of a support gun.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
For the kaboomstick... yeah, I guess it COULD be fun. But then... Why not simply use the demolitionist? I just don't know what the gun would bring to the support, mostly because it's ALREADY a variant of a support gun.
The support is really one of the balanced perks in the game, it's a specialized perk. High health and High damage, it struggles with trash but it's worth it.
I guess having the Kaboomstick won't affect its performance, so yeah.

Upvote 0