• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How would you feel about a KF expansion? (Read before voting!)

How would you feel about a KF expansion? (Read before voting!)

• Yes, I would be all for a fairly inexpensive KF Expansion

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Yes, but I have some reservations about paying another $10-$20 (Should be cheaper)

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Yes, but I am worried it would split the community

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Yes, other. (Please post why)

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • No, just be happy with whatever free DLC TWI comes out with

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • No, I would not give TWI any more money for KF

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No, it would split the community

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • No, other. (Please post why)

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
I would happily pay a reasonable amount for KF content however it WILL break up the community (Sadly).

However if the content is done correctly I think it would be possible without breaking the community up.

Expansion Pack Contents (Paid):

• Solo Campaign (With/Without Bots)
  • Co-Op Campaign (Online with others)
  • Bots - Upgraded HumanAI with command keys that tell the bots things like "Camp here" "follow me" - "play defensively" "Play agressively" - These bots can be used in the Solo Campaign and on Solo KF maps. Would be good if we can organize them, Say I want 1 medic, 2 commandos etc and what weapons they should save up and buy before the game begins (Wave Mode).
  • GameModes such as "king of the Hill"
  • VS GameModes such as "Specimenation"
The content suggested in the Expansion Pack would not break up the community since this is all new and SEPERATE modes/options that does not affect the currently in place KF Content

Current Updates (Free):

• Bug Fixes
  • Weapons
  • Perks
  • More Bosses
  • More Zombies
  • More Difficulty Levels (If needed)
  • More Perk Levels (If Needed)
  • Balencing
  • Maps
  • Exploit Fixes
  • UI and other Astheic Improvements (Main Menu/ScoreBoard)
  • Trader usage Improvements
  • Improvements (such as bot difficulty adjusting when a player leaves the game)
  • More official Mutators (Like Players spawn at random locations)
  • Other expected to be free Content

DLC (Paid):

• Skin Packs
  • Voice Packs
  • Any other NON-gameplay altering content

Killing Floor 2:

I know alot of people can't wait for KF2 but if you can get alot of content/gamemodes etc made for the first one then these should be easily transferable to a sequel.

Aim high for KF1 and KF2 will be even greater.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Current Updates (Free):

Weapons

Blunt weapons.

Cricket Bat, Bat, Shovel, Sledgehammer, etc.

ANYWAY

I do believe you all know what an "expansion" is?

Because, according to Blizzard and their- in my opinion - HORRIBLE game, expansions are add-ons for the same game.
And if I read the OP right, he was talking about this expansion like he was talking about KF2.

I'm all up for an expansion/new game. Just let me get my Perks in KF to level 6 first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i would like it if we got an m4 or m16. i just would like a new assault rifle, maybe even some new smg's, maybe mp5?

See, 80% of this section of the forums, people have suggested nothing but weapon requests. They've even gone off-topic in some threads giving their ideas about weapons. When will TWI take these weapon suggestions into consideration?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When will TWI take these weapon suggestions into consideration?
When people are not being stupid. I don't know how many times I have repeated this but:

TWI made RO so it is obvious that they know their weapons. It is stupid to make inane posts about adding a list of weapons when TWI is perfectly capable of adding them otherwise.

On the topic of thorough weapon suggestions, there is very little need for more weapons in the game with proper balance of the current loadouts. Firebug is really the only one that justifies itself and even that could be fixed without adding a new weapon. The process of adding even one weapon, including skins, sounds, and testing, is huge, much less adding twenty weapons and having to balance them all. TWI isn't a huge company and they have supported KF with lots of free updates while having another game slated for this year.

Upvote 0
When people are not being stupid. I don't know how many times I have repeated this but:

TWI made RO so it is obvious that they know their weapons. It is stupid to make inane posts about adding a list of weapons when TWI is perfectly capable of adding them otherwise.

On the topic of thorough weapon suggestions, there is very little need for more weapons in the game with proper balance of the current loadouts. Firebug is really the only one that justifies itself and even that could be fixed without adding a new weapon. The process of adding even one weapon, including skins, sounds, and testing, is huge, much less adding twenty weapons and having to balance them all. TWI isn't a huge company and they have supported KF with lots of free updates while having another game slated for this year.

I guess your right.. the game alone is only $20. So I should expect 20$ worth of a product. Now if this were the normal 50$ game, I'm sure they'd have all these weapon suggestions filed in and much more. The idea and game are just awesome, I just wish a bigger corporation would've have taken the rights to this game instead of TWI. The game just has much more potential than TWI is giving it imo, knowing they are small this is understandable.

Upvote 0
The idea and game are just awesome, I just wish a bigger corporation would've have taken the rights to this game instead of TWI.
TWI has done a great job of supporting it. The game was treated to a awesome overhaul and multiple free content updates. I would bet you that if a major company had picked this up (which they likely would not have, imo) they would have had all the content updates, and perhaps a six hour campaign, on release with a fifty dollar price tag. Then they would have added map packs for a cost and not released the dev kit for some time.

KF is KF because of the community. It's an easy to pick up game with lots of potential that has done wonderfully.

Upvote 0
I like this thread, until I saw the OP was just an excuse to whine about L4D2.

Anyhoo, yeah I think this would be a good way to refresh KF. I would personally love to see it turn it back into a gritty ****-in-your-pants horror game it was when it was a mod, it's still got that quality now it's just the environment is a little more "polished".

Upvote 0
why do people keep talking about a sequel after the game's been around for one year? stop being so unrealistic, KF2 should it ever happen is years away :rolleyes:

expansion pack on the other hand, perhaps that would have a chance. but still, why would TW need to do that? most all of the stuff that would come in an expansion pack would come in the free content updates that has made TW such a respected developer throughout the lives of RO and KF. these updates paired with sales result in plenty of sales for TW to pump into developing their next big project, in this case ROHOS. plus with expansion packs, all that does is give the content to those willing to buy it meaning the community will be split.

therefore i voted to be happy with TWs updates and DLC and wait for a sequel should it come in a few years.

Upvote 0