• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How would you feel about a KF expansion? (Read before voting!)

How would you feel about a KF expansion? (Read before voting!)

• Yes, I would be all for a fairly inexpensive KF Expansion

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Yes, but I have some reservations about paying another $10-$20 (Should be cheaper)

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Yes, but I am worried it would split the community

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Yes, other. (Please post why)

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • No, just be happy with whatever free DLC TWI comes out with

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • No, I would not give TWI any more money for KF

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No, it would split the community

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • No, other. (Please post why)

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters

Top Secret

Jul 15, 2009
Please read before posting/voting!

A couple of my buddies and I were playing KF earlier today, and our vent conversation brought up an expansion pack. I thought I would make this thread just to see how the community would take such an idea not just to answer my own question, perhaps maybe answer the Tripwire Interactive's as well (assuming the thought had occurred to them.)

Please assume the following:

1. The expansion would NOT interfere with any DLC the devs are currently working on. ie, any DLC they are currently working on would be released as normal for KF and not "planned for the expansion all along" (Gives Valve a dirty look).

2. The expansion is priced reasonably. ie $10-$20 USD. This is close to the price point of the original game, so it would need to contain a fair amount of content. New maps, weapons, perks and/or perk levels, character models, Specimen textures, and gameplay elements. ie, a weapon attachment system, new grenade types, new Specimens, new final boss, different gameplay mode etc etc.

3. The pack has some way of not splitting the community. This was a primary fear with Left 4 Dead 2, that half the players would move over, and half would not. I think this is a non-issue with KF because many people that play KF, do so fairly religiously. $15, I believe (compared to the $45-$50 for L4D2 at launch) would not turn off most people.

4. This is assuming TWI fixes important bugs with Killing Floor. Please do not vote "No" just because of an annoying bug. Assume it will be fixed in the next patch/patches. (I know, I know, I ask for a lot)

Anyways, just an idea. I know some people would be infuriated by the idea of an expansion, especially when there is more free DLC coming out, but this is just looking ahead towards the future. And obviously, since no-one knows what TWI is planning, this might not even be a good idea depending on what the next DLC pack is.

GRRR! Forum won't let me post a poll, says I waited too long. Here are the options:

Yes, I would be all for a fairly inexpensive KF Expansion
Yes, but I have some reservations about paying another $10-$20 (Should be cheaper)
Yes, but I am worried it would split the community
Yes, other. (Please post why)
No, just be happy with whatever free DLC TWI comes out with
No, I would not give TWI any more money for KF
No, it would split the community
No, other. (Please post why)

If a moderator could add this.. I would really appreciate it...

Last edited:
I vote Yes, other.
I would only support it if it were named: Killing Ceiling and the players could fly.

In all seriousness, that poll has alot of choices. And there's no "maybe" choice for indecisive people.

However, Tripwire would have to pay more attention to Killing Floor instead of their other stuff. $20 isn't so much to ask, but I'd want to know that Tripwire was committed to improving KF before i paid it.

Upvote 0
I vote no on the basis that I am a reactionary.

An expansion pack provides very little that I would be interested in. I don't want the game to get new weapons. I was perfectly satisfied with the original ones. I could care less about new character skins. I don't take much notice of them anyways. New maps can and have been provided by the community. Any game play changes will make this game not the killing floor that I obsessively played.

Upvote 0
If offering a sacrifice of blood could give me even the scrabbliest bit more enjoyment out of Killing Floor, I'd happily pay it. I've said before this is my favourite game of all time, and I meant it :rolleyes:

Mostly I would like to see a rework of the orignal campaign (Yes I know YoYoBatty is looking at porting in the original :)), and possibly another chapter in the story (Mostly to do with Kevin Clamely and his rise to becoming the Patriarch). If there were some way of a multiplayer campaign... well I'd probably never buy another game again.... except KF2 of course ;)

Upvote 0
The time it would take to create such a pack would certainly be monstrous and would definitely have to wait until after HOS is released. Given this I would much rather see them begin work on KF2 instead of an expansion pack since it would likely take at least a year to produce it, even without changing game engines.

As far as an expansion pack goes, it would be divisive and, if constructed like Top Secret suggested, would really be more of a separate game. Price point would be no reason to assume that there would not be a rift in the KF community. While myself and many others that post on the forums would likely purchase it if it was made, may others who play a lot less might not care.

Upvote 0
as i said somewhere else i'd like to see a community mod, whitelisted of course, where the game is tougned up irrespective of the difficulty level.

class limits - phaps with 7 new perk-specific skins - removal of weapon bonuses (damage and clip size) but keeping other perk benefits, forced freindly fire, perks level checked back to match the game difficulty, a degree of specimen spawn randomisation (no more preparation for the early wave 7 FP), and a few other community driven suggestions.

Of course, this itself doesnt have to rule out a separate expansion, which can't be a bad idea.

Upvote 0
I'm so for this.. I don't care how much it costs, as long as theres more guns, charge 50$ if you will! Just get more guns/monsters in! And keep the originals as well.

EDIT: If buying RO will encourage TWI to release more dlc for KF then so be it. All I ever hear is that they are ALWAYS focusing more on RO, and it gets annoying. KF is not dead!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0