• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How will the Beta be Handled?

Hells High

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
I'm wondering how this whole thing will work (didn't see any posts like this, apologies if there are). Will the beta be a separate client that we download? Or will it be downloadable through STEAM (as per having the DDE pre-order), and then the files updated on release?

I'm almost certain it'll be a separate client, but that'd be pretty cool to only have to update the files. 2 megabit connection w/ 10 gig. bandwidth cap for the lose. :(

So far it's been delivered through Steam, with each build downloading smoothly without any hassle, so (and I'm speculating here since nothing specific has been announced)- why should anyone want to go outside such a convenient content delivery system ?

Also, for ppl with bandwidth caps- keep in mind, that beta software is by definition- not finished, and subject to changes, which might involve additional downloads after the first one.
Which may end up with gigs of additional data trasnfers :cool:

So just keep redtubes down for some time after initial download, just in case... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
So far it's been delivered through Steam, with each build downloading smoothly without any hassle, so (and I'm speculating here since nothing specific has been announced)- why should anyone want to go outside such a convenient content delivery system ?

Also, for ppl with bandwidth caps- keep in mind, that beta software is by definition- not finished, and subject to changes, which might involve additional downloads after the first one.
Which may end up with gigs of additional data trasnfers :cool:

So just keep redtubes down for some time after initial download, just in case... :rolleyes:

redtube? whats redtu- ?? oh gawd my eyesssss.... I'll never be the sameee.. I GOT MY BETA TOO EARLY!

Upvote 0