• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to

How to

• Yes, this option could help public a lot.

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • No, this would not helped at all(also in case it would far too complicated to implement such option)

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • I do not know....

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

MILK

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Czech
2m.toh.cz
I can read so often how people on public are missing more teamplay. I do not have such problem with public, however I think this can be improved with "little" bonus option.

At this moment every player has in game map available, also I belive that most people here already know about utility called RO:Tactics... why not to combine these a little?

Here is the idea: make Squad Leader available to draw in map (more than what is now available, where you can set only new checkpoint), just a very simple options, no hand drawing available (to avoid abusing this for stupid writing etc). You can set more check points for several classes (send sapers, riflemen, smgers separately). Also availability to set "next step" so ie you will set them two priorities (ie. sapers: go blow up door, than continue to attack 'here'; for MG: take position 'here', shoot 'this area'...etc...).... many things can be possible to do here.

How to use it correctly according to WW2 reality?
map can be updated only after you will respawn (no real time war data system like in modern war).
Only Squad Leader would be able to use this option to update map.
Tank Commanders can set orders only for tanks, Squad Leaders only for infantry.
Map can be updated by Squad Leader only in respawn area (not possible to update map during running on map) - this can simulate fact that new soldiers (reinforcements) are aware of new progress or at least they get actual orders.
Inform player after respawn that new orders for him are available....

...from than it is again on players how it would be used but this could help a lot to "connect" players with some general idea and tactic for round... I think that also this could be huge reason to have such class as Commander in action (beside 1,5 strength for capping)

oh yes this would be ofcourse especially for public where no TS on "pre match" preparation is available... I think it could be nice feature.
Yes if newbie would do it than it would not probably helped much, but than games like Natural Selection or any that uses Commander class would not be possible. I belive it would help to lower percentage of chaoss games... and finaly this option could not make it worst even in acse some nbad player would do it... it would be only like it is now...

Upvote 0
adding more tools won't give more teamplay. People need an advantage to work as a team thats highly above just killing or just capwhoring. And a way to easily grasp but to come up with one is not found that easily.

like most people i like everything that can add more teamplay, but i wonder howmuch time the implentation would take of it. Because i don't think it will add a major difference.

More detailed overhead maps would be nice aswell if this would be added, with some default icons for mgs sniper etc. That people can slap on it when they see one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i can see like hunred ways how to prevent from abusing... no spam ability for drawing (like only 1-2 sysmbols for whatever your map would allowed, time for changing map limited like 20 sec after every respawn, ...).. also I have written in my first post that there would be no free hand option...

maybe if some dev came here and said that it is impossible and we will never see it in RO than I would forget this dream.... like any other in the morning :)

Upvote 0