• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to upload a custom soundtrack mod?

Diem

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Arizona
I recently finished putting together a custom soundtrack mod, and would like to upload it to the Steam Workshop as a few other people have done with theirs, but I can't figure out how to do so with the Workshop Uploader. Since it's not a map or a mutator or something compiled in the SDK, but just a group of .wem files, I don't know how to do it. Yet it's been done by others before, so it's clearly possible.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ah yes, looks like they just leave it up to the user to move the files in the right place.

After downloading, move the folder *\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\232090\831677341\KFGame to *\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2 and merge the folders.

copy .wem file to %\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC\WwiseAudio\Windows

I was kind of hoping that could be avoided. You can use the command line workshop upload tool to include them. See Advanced uploading here for details, putting the WwiseAudio\ directory under BrewedPC\ seems like the best fit, but unfortunately the user still has to put them in the right place after subscribing, and they don't get copied to the Cache\ directory either.

Upvote 0