• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to run Red Orchestra when logged on as a user with the limited account type.

Argh!!!!!!!!! Frustration

Argh!!!!!!!!! Frustration

When can we expect STEAM to automatically fix this problem? This is ridiculous, the problem has been identified yet STEAM hasn't remedied the situation. I'm sitting here with a game that I paid for, that I can't play!

I don't have that entry in the registry because I haven't been able to load the game, and it is impossible for me to login with "Administrator" access.

Has anyone heard of anything from STEAM which would indicate they are going to work this bug out?

I'd really like to be able to PLAY THE GAME THAT I ACTUALLY PAID FOR.

Upvote 0
kAMIKAZE said:
If it is not there, it means you have not yet run Red Orchestra successfully. You must run Red Orchestra successfully at least once to enable Steam to update the registry and write the information for the Steamdvr.sys device driver. Only then will you be able to see it and edit it.

Run Red Orchestra as an admin. Then edit the registry. Next time you run Red Orchestra you don't need to be admin because Steamdvr.sys already gets loaded at boot time.

I have run Red Orchestra successfully anf the Key does not exist in my registry, and I'm always logged in as the Admin user.

Upvote 0
I'm still having problems. I've done the command line, and didn't work, with Steam saying "This game is currentley unavailable. Please try another time".
I've also delted the RO.exe file, but having the same problem. I have gone to other forum sticky posts, but simply can't understand it. Backing up the registery is so confusing. Is there any chance that someone may able to help me, I really want to play this game, and my rare money is otherwise wasted :( thanks

Upvote 0
robs91 said:
I'm still having problems. I've done the command line, and didn't work, with Steam saying "This game is currentley unavailable. Please try another time".
I've also delted the RO.exe file, but having the same problem. I have gone to other forum sticky posts, but simply can't understand it. Backing up the registery is so confusing. Is there any chance that someone may able to help me, I really want to play this game, and my rare money is otherwise wasted :( thanks

Try this:
when you get the Steam error, go to task manager, ende the Red Orchestra process, exit Steam, launch Steam again and then Red Orchestra, it works for me.

Upvote 0
Bundy_Russ said:
I have run Red Orchestra successfully anf the Key does not exist in my registry, and I'm always logged in as the Admin user.

This is my problem. I had the trouble with the "game unavailable" error, but i got rid of it by uninstalling Norton antivirus. My game worked for 2 months or so without a hitch, then last night, it magically decided to start giving me this damn error again! Steam needs to get to work solving these problems.

Upvote 0
OS Priveledges shouldnt vary game to game

OS Priveledges shouldnt vary game to game

Allright ..for whatever its worth posting onto the tail
of a thread , maybe someone will even read this.
My comments/thoughts are this...

1. With my allready working Steam account, working
like a champ im now a bit unsure of what to expect after
buying/dwnload RO Ost. Nothing rational could make my
os /admin priveledges CHANGE is that correct, from meerly
adding RO-O onto my steam account..is this correct-?????

why im asking is i dont recall so much pre-gaming hoopla about
"will it work/or will it not" scenario when i and alot of you, got
DOD source added on the same way steams gonna add on RO
to my my game account.

ARE WE EXPECTING some wtf's to happen during/from/or after
buying and installing RO-O-????? Cause all this talk is making me
second guess buying it

Upvote 0