• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code How to reach specific Zed's HP in HUD? (efficient way)

Yeah i noticed that in Hud class doesn't seem to work, so i have addded Health tracking into custom GameReplication class.
Health checks in Tick (using custom GameType) and Initiallazing in custom GameType (under Boss preparation in trader time) since i have already altered State MatchInProgress. So i just access to my custom GameRepliaction in HUD.

P.S. I guess it's better than using foreach DynamicActors?

Upvote 0
Yeah i noticed that in Hud class doesn't seem to work, so i have addded Health tracking into custom GameReplication class.
Health checks in Tick (using custom GameType) and Initiallazing in custom GameType (under Boss preparation in trader time) since i have already altered State MatchInProgress. So i just access to my custom GameRepliaction in HUD.

P.S. I guess it's better than using foreach DynamicActors?
the radar by WPC probably uses that. It's not the best, but it works.

Upvote 0
Controllers exist on server side only. Except own PlayerController.

CollidingActors() is the fastest way to detect zeds within certain radius. But take into account that zeds far away from the player are irrelevant, i.e. are not replicated.

If you want to just replicate Pat/FP health, then I recommend doing that via ReplicationInfo.

Upvote 0