• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to make teamwork- By Jono

You can never be too pessimistic when dealing with human nature and online games. Basically, any system in place, any game mechanic has to be instituted for the lowest common denominator, the "idiot factor". If not, the idiots will find a way to abuse, misuse or otherwise ruin it. There is no arguing that fact.

yes thats very true, but game developer cannot primarly think only about people trying to abuse the game. You know thats why TK is enabled...

Upvote 0
Lets boil this down

VERY Few people teamplay (communicate, coordinate and move in groups),
simply cause they dont know what its like being alone on the battlefield, and that its actually more advantage in the game to not teamplay as in reality.
Therefore there has to be implemeted artificial elements that make up for this loss of realism...

I think a good idea would be to tweak the cap properties abit.

1) Make a sphere around the commander.
If a player is within this sphere, he will cap faster (same rate as commander) This means that the commander does not have to be in the capzone.. but simply be in contact with the player.

2) tweak the cap parametres:
* Commander increases cap-speed with X2 for all players within his sphere
* Commander does not count as 1.25 % player in the cap, but just one, with twice cap rate.
* Snipers and MG do not have cap capabillity.
* SMG's have more cap power than all others, encouraging them to get in the capzone first.

Upvote 0
Lets boil this down

VERY Few people teamplay (communicate, coordinate and move in groups),
simply cause they dont know what its like being alone on the battlefield, and that its actually more advantage in the game to not teamplay as in reality.
Therefore there has to be implemeted artificial elements that make up for this loss of realism...

I agree with you up to here.

1) Make a sphere around the commander.
If a player is within this sphere, he will cap faster (same rate as commander) This means that the commander does not have to be in the capzone.. but simply be in contact with the player.

2) tweak the cap parametres:
* Commander increases cap-speed with X2 for all players within his sphere
* Commander does not count as 1.25 % player in the cap, but just one, with twice cap rate.
* Snipers and MG do not have cap capabillity.
* SMG's have more cap power than all others, encouraging them to get in the capzone first.

This is where i dont agree. Mainly because it's a "lets all get in a ball and play 'nade targets'" idea.
The SL being the only one with the power to cap creates teamwork in the sense that the only way to win is by communicating. And you don't all have to be moving in one great huddle to cap something. It's a cover fire, suppress, kill and SL caps- idea.

Upvote 0
I agree with you up to here.

This is where i dont agree. Mainly because it's a "lets all get in a ball and play 'nade targets'" idea.
The SL being the only one with the power to cap creates teamwork in the sense that the only way to win is by communicating. And you don't all have to be moving in one great huddle to cap something. It's a cover fire, suppress, kill and SL caps- idea.

I understand why u disagree on this one... I didnt quite explain it good enough..

earlier I posted an idea about a "communication zone" around the SL (about 25 metres).
Once a player enters this sphere, he gain certain benefits such as reduced suppression, increased caprate, better stamina and VOIP Tags and so on.
If many players connect in this way, a "morale chain" will be created.

This means that only ONE player may be in the actual cap area, as long as he is linked with the SL (within 25m) he wlil gain x2 cap power, even if the SL is outside the actual cap area... This way the SL may be safe.

The reason why the SL caps faster, is the fact that he boost the morale spirit of the group.

The reason for why I wanted to completely take away the commanders cap abillity is to keep him out of the nading range... (I wish for less leathal nades also btw) For the same reason I want to remove the cap abillity for MG and snipers, and tanks as well.... This way they will do their job.. and not run around capping objectives.

The SL task is not to kill enemy, but to keep overview of the situation, lift the team spirit, and order the correct moves for each soldier...
This way Id also wish to remove a couple of magazines from him, and add a defensive nade instead...

Cheers

Upvote 0