• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to make M4 the best shotgun in the game.

Heh.

But actually, giving the M4 a mag or something to relead all 6 shells at once would definately make me consider using it. At the moment it has extremely fast firing rate but its useless due the slow reload and small capacity in general.

Wether a mag on M4 is realistic or not is another matter though.

Upvote 0
I'd like to see M4 being replaced by any semi-auto shotgun that allows to replace whole tube/mag when reloading, like Maul, SRM M1216, Saiga-12 or USAS-12. Reloading shouldn't even be a problem on t3 shotgun.

Reloading isn't a terrible issue with tactical reload. M4 can't get replaced they already made all the art assets for it. It takes a long time to develop the assets for a new weapon. All the animations, sound effects, motion capture for tactical reload, etc..

Replacing it is not an option. It just needs some number tweaks.

Upvote 0
Heh.

But actually, giving the M4 a mag or something to relead all 6 shells at once would definately make me consider using it. At the moment it has extremely fast firing rate but its useless due the slow reload and small capacity in general.

Wether a mag on M4 is realistic or not is another matter though.

Mag reload is part of what made KSG better, and for 1100 dosh and a heavier weight m4 isn't really doing much

Upvote 0
As long as the choice is M4 or AA12, it will always be AA-12. Thats the wrong choice here.

The choice SHOULD be M4 or Double Barrel as 2nd weapon slot. But the weight on the M4 prevents this right now unless you take the perk. And IMO its not worth it to take the perk so you can pick the M4 over the DB.

Reduce the weight.

Upvote 0
As long as the choice is M4 or AA12, it will always be AA-12. Thats the wrong choice here.

The choice SHOULD be M4 or Double Barrel as 2nd weapon slot. But the weight on the M4 prevents this right now unless you take the perk. And IMO its not worth it to take the perk so you can pick the M4 over the DB.

Reduce the weight.

Reduce the weight, or perhaps give support a 1/5lvl passive carry capacity bonus instead of a skill choice

Upvote 0